Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
I'm also experiencing problems with receiving notifications on my Apple Watch but with an interesting twist: I eventually receive the notification on my watch if I wait a few seconds after the notification has been sent to the phone. If I don't interact with the notification on the watch in time, the phone will light up with the notification, but then the notification will clear if I have interacted with the notification via the watch.

tl;dr I still receive notifications on the watch but they arrive a few seconds later than they should.
Same here!

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
Guess I'm skipping this beta on my iPhone if it doesn't work with watch 2.1. Not sure I'd like to run a beta on my watch as you can't downgrade. Does it work for anyone?
2.2 works perfectly for me (faster than 2.1 for certain things). Been on my wrist since 7.30am today and currently the battery life is 62% (at 20.53). Everything works fine! Don't fear the late betas!

E.Neytman

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2016
2.2 works perfectly for me (faster than 2.1 for certain things). Been on my wrist since 7.30am today and currently the battery life is 62% (at 20.53). Everything works fine! Don't fear the late betas!
yep, totally happy with 2.2b4, but this is a bit risky to update apple watch still, because of not having the rollback option

Hamsterhjulet

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Denmark
I'm so impressed with iOS 9.3 so far. Apple has really done some noticeable improvements for every device I've tested. My daily driver, iPhone 6s, has never been so good! Everything runs smooth as butter and haven't noticed any critical bugs (maybe time in status bar, but that was just fixed). I have zero complaints, good job Apple!

agwin27

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2014
This may seem crazy, but since installing the 9.3 beta 4, I swear my WATCH notification volume is significantly louder. I'm not running the watchOS beta though. Anyone else have a similar experience?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Night shift now disables when turning on invert colors, a nice change for us who use invert colors for a temp-dark mode.

Also turns off if you enable Greyscale

This is not a good idea and I hope all of you are letting Apple know.

How is it not a good idea? LPM is meant to turn off things that use more battery. NS is part of the visuals it turns off. You can always open CC and turn NS back on.

Reactions: warden

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Also turns off if you enable Greyscale

How is it not a good idea? LPM is meant to turn off things that use more battery. NS is part of the visuals it turns off. You can always open CC and turn NS back on.
Interesting, so you can turn it back on and LPM would still say on? For example, as I recall, you can't change the screen lock time from 30 seconds that LPM sets it to without disabling LPM.

KRBM

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Because LPM will now activate at the same time that you'd need NS. Most people (not members of MacRumors) charge their phone only once - at night - so this would mean that their iPhone will in fact spend its last hours before you go to sleep with the blue light on.

Interesting, so you can turn it back on and LPM would still say on?
Yeah, but are you willing to do this every night?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Interesting, so you can turn it back on and LPM would still say on? For example, as I recall, you can't change the screen lock time from 30 seconds that LPM sets it to without disabling LPM.

The yellow battery indicating LPM remains yellow if you turn NS back on yeah.

Though it seems the visuals portion of LPM is maybe changed or broken. Just playing around with it now. LPM in the past has always turned on Reduce Transparency and also Reduce Motion. It doesn't seem to do any of that anymore.

skwood

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
England
Submitted feedback to Apple but to be honest I don't think that Apple will pay too much attention to a third party app. Wouldn't mind to be proved wrong though...

I imagine it is something EA have to fix to be compliant rather than Apple. Expect a patch shortly before or after 9.3 is released.

Reactions: ad931

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The yellow battery indicating LPM remains yellow if you turn NS back on yeah.

Though it seems the visuals portion of LPM is maybe changed or broken. Just playing around with it now. LPM in the past has always turned on Reduce Transparency and also Reduce Motion. It doesn't seem to do any of that anymore.
Well, playing around with it in 9.2.1 it doesn't seem like it affects the actual user controls related to Reduce Transparency or Reduce Motion (it likely does something in relation to those under the hood, but doesn't enable/disable the actual user options for those). It's mainly things like Auto Lock, Fetch New Data, and Background Refresh that get changed and basically become grayed-out and disabled from being changed while LPM is active.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well, playing around with it in 9.2.1 it doesn't seem like it affects the actual user controls related to Reduce Transparency or Reduce Motion (it likely does something in relation to those under the hood, but doesn't enable/disable the actual user options for those). It's mainly things like Auto Lock, Fetch New Data, and Background Refresh that get changed and basically become grayed-out and disabled from being changed while LPM is active.

Whenever I've tried LPM prior to beta 4 the App Switcher was different and used the same one it uses for Reduce Motion. Also used to fade in and out of apps just like Reduce Motion instead of animating. Also made all transparency look just like Reduce Transparency. Right now it doesn't look like it's doing any of that anymore. It's either broken or deliberately changed.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Whenever I've tried LPM prior to beta 4 the App Switcher was different and used the same one it uses for Reduce Motion. Also used to fade in and out of apps just like Reduce Motion instead of animating. Also made all transparency look just like Reduce Transparency. Right now it doesn't look like it's doing any of that anymore. It's either broken or deliberately changed.
Ah, you are actually talking about the effects of it, not the controls themselves in the Settings app (which is what I thought you were talking about and what I replied about). Yes, I believe most of those should apply, as I recall, aside from Reduce Transparency as I certainly never had my phone look like transparency/translucency is disabled or the dock change to have a gray background (all of which happens when Reduce Transparency is enabled) while LPM is enabled.

EDIT: Just tried it all again with 9.2.1 on my iPhone 6 and it looks like even the effects of those aren't present with LPM enabled--things still animate/move the same way, for example (and still no signs of transparency being reduced anywhere either). The only real visual thing that happens is that the brightness lowers somewhat.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Ah, you are actually talking about the effects of it, not the controls themselves in the Settings app (which is what I thought you were talking about and what I replied about). Yes, most of those should apply as I recall, aside from Reduce Transparency as I certainly never had my phone look like transparency/translucency is disabled or the dock change to have a gray background (all of which happens when Reduce Transparency is enabled) while LPM is enabled.

Yeah I wasn't meaning the actual toggles themselves. It basically just applied those settings without actually toggling.

I could have been mistaken then with the transparency, but I do know it used to "apply" Reduce Motion like visuals. It's not at all doing that in beta 4 on my iPhone 6.

So something could be broken with it and maybe why it's causing NS to also toggle off. (Some confirmed yesterday that beta 3 NS stays on)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah I wasn't meaning the actual toggles themselves. It basically just applied those settings without actually toggling.

I could have been mistaken then with the transparency, but I do know it used to "apply" Reduce Motion like visuals. It's not at all doing that in beta 4 on my iPhone 6.

So something could be broken with it and maybe why it's causing NS to also toggle off. (Some confirmed yesterday that beta 3 NS stays on)
So I thought I recalled it happening that way too with the effects of Reduce Motion applying when LPM is activated, but having just tested it out using iOS 9.2.1 it doesn't seem to be the case there either. Either it really wasn't like that from the beginning or it changed at some point, but before 9.3 it would seem.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
No. I meant warmer than it currently is.
Wow its almost yellow/gold now when all the way warm. I cant hardly look at it that way cant imagine even more "warmer". But that's just me. Still getting used to that color change and I much prefer the blue but I get the reason its there so am trying it. Installed f.lux on laptop too to try. I should be sleeping like a rock now :)

Reactions: einsteinbqat

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well, I guess there will be at least one more beta!

https://twitter.com/reneritchie/status/702247369212035074

Yep. I figured there would be a good chance of beta 5 anyways. There are still three weeks to the event. Beta have been two week cycles. Plus the current build number hasn't been cut down to a release candidate (which I think almost always happens? I could be wrong there. They usually go from 8 characters down to 6. Dropping the end letter and digit.)

sponch

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2011
iBooks: unfortunately no "Last Page read", bookmark an annotation sync for PDFs.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Updating to beta 4 seems to have remedied the battery issues I was having with my Apple Watch and Beta 3. My Watch is running 2.1, and previously had been draining really fast. Now though, in the 4 hours or so that I've had beta 4, it's barely lost any charge. I'll keep an eye on it and report back.

Oh and I've been receiving text notifications on my watch but will keep a lookout for third party.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.