Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

CagdasCizer

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2015
The 6 Plus has taken a hit in battery life since 9.2.1

I can barely get 8 hours of usage out of a full charge. It's very disappointing.

I could get 11 hours, easy, on 9.2
Yep. Same experience on my ipad 3 too
[doublepost=1456302015][/doublepost]
This is technically on Beta 3 but I just wanted to share. So PB 4 just came out, so I started downloading it and when it finished downloading I got the usual "Installation will start in 10 seconds..." alert. When I tapped on "Later" it asked me to enter my passcode to confirm that it'll install PB4 during 02:00-05:00 AM this night. I can't remember this behavior before PB3.
View attachment 617991
Translation:
"Enter Passcode to Update This Night
iPad will be updated between 02:00-05:00 if it’s connected to a power outlet."
This not new I think it came with ios 9.0 maybe even earlier:)

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Most likely a bug because if you turn on low power mode, you're able to turn night shift back on without disabling low power mode.
I think you're right and it'd be pretty bad if this was a feature due to LPM and night shift both being most needed in the evenings. However there is a precedent for that kind of behaviour with airplane mode and wifi.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
The yellow battery indicating LPM remains yellow if you turn NS back on yeah.

Though it seems the visuals portion of LPM is maybe changed or broken. Just playing around with it now. LPM in the past has always turned on Reduce Transparency and also Reduce Motion. It doesn't seem to do any of that anymore.

LPM has never turned on reduce motion and reduce transparency in any way, shape, or form in any version of iOS 9.3 thus far, and it's a feature I use every day, I basically live with my phone on LPM as it gets me through a 12 hour day with battery to spare. All animations and transparencies remain intact.
[doublepost=1456303608][/doublepost]
Whenever I've tried LPM prior to beta 4 the App Switcher was different and used the same one it uses for Reduce Motion. Also used to fade in and out of apps just like Reduce Motion instead of animating. Also made all transparency look just like Reduce Transparency. Right now it doesn't look like it's doing any of that anymore. It's either broken or deliberately changed.

Sorry, but again this has never been the case. I have no idea what you're seeing or imagining, but when I use LPM on my iPhone all zooming animations when opening/closing apps is present and the dock and folders are transparent as normal.

Edit: got confused with LPM and NS on my Air 2, lol. There is no LPM on iPad! However, on iPhone I've never seen any animations disabled or transparencies removed when LPM is on.

Last edited:

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
LPM has never turned on reduce motion and reduce transparency in any way, shape, or form in any version of iOS 9.3 thus far, and it's a feature I use every day, I basically live with my phone on LPM as it gets me through a 12 hour day with battery to spare. All animations and transparencies remain intact.
[doublepost=1456303608][/doublepost]

Sorry, but again this has never been the case. I have no idea what you're seeing or imagining, but when I use LPM on my iPhone all zooming animations when opening/closing apps is present and the dock and folders are transparent as normal.

Edit: got confused with LPM and NS on my Air 2, lol. There is no LPM on iPad! However, on iPhone I've never seen any animations disabled or transparencies removed when LPM is on.

And I said in another post you may have missed that I corrected myself and said I could have been mistaken (more on the transparency thing)

I distinctly remember LPM doing a Reduce Motion effect as well. (Could have been 9.0 betas or maybe even up till 9.1) until beta 4 to test NS shutting off with LPM I hadn't even toggled LPM in months. Since it's something I never toggle it very well could have been a 9.0 beta thing I'm remembering and hasn't been the case since release.

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
LPM disables parallax on the home screen. Definitely doesn't and never had other reduce motion effects like fading between apps. Please, remember reduce motion is primarily an accessibility feature, even if you only use it for purely aesthetic reasons. Apple would not introduce these accessibility features with a common and prominent feature like LPM.

- Someone who uses LPM but not reduce motion, so I know what it does and what it has done in the past

Reactions: warden

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
Right now, this Beta 4 is shaping up to be the best iOS 9 release.

1) CC and NC are 60 fps smooth on 6 and 6S models.
2) Most glaring UI and Touch ID bugs seem to have been fixed.
3) CC in Siri and Cellular Data -> apps list scrolling have stutter (Doesn't bother me that much)
4) Spotlight in landscape mode with black keyboard, upside down flip animation is still funny and glitchy. (I need this to amuse myself. Apple please don't fix)

Those complaining about Apple watch: You deserve it all. This is for buying a first gen beta product.
:p

Reactions: perfect_

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
Did you have to do anything special to get them working again? I updated to 9.3b4, discovered the notification problem, and risked the 2.2 beta, but still none of my 3rd party notifications are working.

No. I just loaded it up and they started working again...

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
I'm so impressed with iOS 9.3 so far. Apple has really done some noticeable improvements for every device I've tested. My daily driver, iPhone 6s, has never been so good! Everything runs smooth as butter and haven't noticed any critical bugs (maybe time in status bar, but that was just fixed). I have zero complaints, good job Apple!

9.3 on my 6s is not as smooth as expected, especially after a restart i have noticed frame drops / stutter across ios when using features for the first time, this with reduce motion on. Thereafter everything seems to smooth out.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Battery life seems really awesome on this build.The best it's ever been so far even compared to 8.4.1 !

mous94410

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2015
My watch notifications are fixed !

You have to update the watch to 2.2 beta 4 and unpair and repair the watch with your iPhone !

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Apple have to fix the bug with Apple Watch rapidly... My watch is useless now
You might try reverting to 9.2.1 and then waiting for the next beta.
[doublepost=1456322362][/doublepost]
My watch notifications are fixed !

You have to update the watch to 2.2 beta 4 and unpair and repair the watch with your iPhone !
Except only developers are *supposed* to have access to that. Beware if you don't have a developer account!

apereirac

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2016
Hi I don't have a developer account and I can't access to watch 2.2 b4 to fix the problem. Are they another solution?
Thanks

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Apple have to fix the bug with Apple Watch rapidly... My watch is useless now

Every beta has issues... most are fixed while still in the beta process... but, of course, it's always possible to introduce new bugs.

As the PSA goes, if it's mission critical, one should not be running a beta release of iOS on it.
[doublepost=1456323407][/doublepost]
Hi I don't have a developer account and I can't access to watch 2.2 b4 to fix the problem. Are they another solution?
Thanks

Fall back to iOS 9.2.1 ... or live without the 3rd party notifications. Pretty much your only options.

danleon950410

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2015
Bogotá, Colombia
Right now, this Beta 4 is shaping up to be the best iOS 9 release.

1) CC and NC are 60 fps smooth on 6 and 6S models.
2) Most glaring UI and Touch ID bugs seem to have been fixed.
3) CC in Siri and Cellular Data -> apps list scrolling have stutter (Doesn't bother me that much)
4) Spotlight in landscape mode with black keyboard, upside down flip animation is still funny and glitchy. (I need this to amuse myself. Apple please don't fix)

Those complaining about Apple watch: You deserve it all. This is for buying a first gen beta product.
:p
What?
I really hope you're kidding
[doublepost=1456326210][/doublepost]Anyone suffering from that issue where your device gets randomly removed from the "Trusted Devices" list?

It started happening on my iPad running 9.3 Public Beta 3 and i found a guy on the web that was told that this was possibly a bug or something related to the beta, but i haven't really seen this listed as a bug or an issue in any thread
[doublepost=1456326321][/doublepost]
Got my Notifications working again by Updating the Watch to the newest Beta and repaired the Watch to the Phone again.
So they changed something in both devices,huh?

Hamsterhjulet

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Denmark
Has anyone seen the constant compas location bug? If I check "System Services" under "Location Services" there's always a purple arrow at the compas calibration section. It doesn't seem to drain battery though, but makes me wonder anyway.

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
Just updated from 9.3/3 to 9.3/4 last night.. Battery life today is WORST EVER.. also seems that maybe the battery use detail screen has changed, now only shows last 24 hrs or today.

Anyway today, down 25% in first three hours with no use.. should be more like 6-10% for a regular day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.