Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

halfyardr

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2016
Canada
How this beta performs on 5s compared to 9.2.1 in terms of smoothness ?
9.2.1 is good but not as smooth as ios 8, sometimes the animations while opening apps have lags

This beta is a LOT smoother compared to 9.2.1 on the 5s. Control centre stutters are completely gone (except a few odd stutters here and there, but barely noticeable unless you're dragging it SUPER slowly). The task switcher is very smooth, again with a few odd stutters, but as long as you're not too picky it won't bother you. Spotlight is fixed for the most part too. As far a speed, everything feels faster. Not sure if it's placebo, but I like it :)

muzzymate

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
I've tried to enable Wi-fi calling for my Verizon iPhone. The switch say that it's turned on and it works when I am at work (see VZW Wifi" in the top left corner). However, it never works on my home wifi network where I actually need it to work. Is there anything that I need to do on my router to allow wifi calling to work? It's a TP-Link AC1750 if that matters any.

jgelin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2015
St Petersburg, FL
Really off the wall bug but I just bought Hue lights last night and homekit would not let me invite people from my beta iPhone. I had to create the home off of my moms phone, running 9.2.1 to make the invite accept. Homekit also did not accept an invite from my beta device inviting another 9.3 beta device either.

Hopefully they iron it out and I can switch over to running the home after release.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I've tried to enable Wi-fi calling for my Verizon iPhone. The switch say that it's turned on and it works when I am at work (see VZW Wifi" in the top left corner). However, it never works on my home wifi network where I actually need it to work. Is there anything that I need to do on my router to allow wifi calling to work? It's a TP-Link AC1750 if that matters any.
What's your cellular signal at home like?

timpleton

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2014
Anyone else having iCloud issues?
Notes dont sync at all: show old notes from a year ago on iPhone 6s and notes from 2 weeks ago on iPad air, notes on mac are fine.

iClould drive shows no files on iPad or iPhone

Viewing icloud storage only shows mail as taking up space cant view backups.

Fresh restore on phone 6s Latest betas on all 3 devices

Last edited:

muzzymate

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
It should kick in. Have you tried enabling airplane mode and then enabling just WiFi to see if that would get it to kick in?

Have not tried that. Will do when I get home. Thanks for your help!

Out of curiosity, does it only activate on weak cell tower signals?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Have not tried that. Will do when I get home. Thanks for your help!

Out of curiosity, does it only activate on weak cell tower signals?
That seems to be the case that it kicks in somewhere when there 2 signal dots or less.

Peepo

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2009
I am not running beta because I have read about the issues with Apple Watch notifications.

Can anyone explain how the add playlist song to my music toggle works if some IOS devices have it on and others off and how it also works with iTunes on MAC and PC.

Example... disable on my iPhone, but enable on my iPad. I add some playlists from AM songs on either... then what would I see on iTunes on mac or PC? I presume iTunes would not show them in AM if I created playlist on my iPhone. But what if I create/modify playlists on iTunes, is there a similar option to not add playlist song to my music?

I am thinking of installing beta on my iPad and see how it works.

Ok I installed 9.3B4 on my iPad mini 4 and it appears that Apple has just added a flag which hides the songs in my music when adding to a playlist. If I add a song from Apple Music, and the toggle is disabled/off, then it does not appear on my iPad but I can still see it on my iPhone and iTunes on MAC. I can only presume that if I was running 9.3B4 on my iPhone that it would be hidden.

Here is issue I see - if I delete the song from the playlist on my iPad, it removes from iPad but still shows on all my other pre-9.3 devices. I guess after everything is updated it will be fine but they seem to be still sorta in my music but hidden.

Smurphy Gherkin

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Installing Public Beta 3 deleted many of my Google apps, like youtube, sheets etc.

I reported it, and got an email asking if this was fixed in beta 4, and it was.

First time at bat with a bug report and it got squished. Nice.

Reactions: cariduros

Jamesk811

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2015
Is there any known workarounds to not receiving ANY notifications from 3rd party apps on my Apple Watch ??? My Apple Watch is now completely useless to me if I can't be alerted about notifications from my 3rd party apps

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Is there any known workarounds to not receiving ANY notifications from 3rd party apps on my Apple Watch ??? My Apple Watch is now completely useless to me if I can't be alerted about notifications from my 3rd party apps
It might be to go back to 9.2.1

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Revert your phone back to 9.2.1 or install 2.2 beta 4 on your watch.

I would suggest you just revert your back down to 9.2.1.

NJFP

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2009
In .3 PB my VZW WI-FI would drop out randomly. in PB 4 so far it seems to grab hold of the wireless signal and not let go. So far. As far as one of the earlier posts here about the "X" when deleting apps, mine are not square, they're round just like they've always been.

Jamesk811

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2015
Revert your phone back to 9.2.1 or install 2.2 beta 4 on your watch.

I would suggest you just revert your back down to 9.2.1.

Thanks I might do this, all my backups however have been through iCloud so they are all beta backups. My last 9.2.1 backup was a while ago so i would lose a lot of my stuff wouldn't I?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks I might do this, all my backups however have been through iCloud so they are all beta backups. My last 9.2.1 backup was a while ago so i would lose a lot of my stuff wouldn't I?

You can do this:

- Delete the Beta Profile of the phone through Settings > General > Profiles
- Dowbload the 9.2.1 ipsw
- Plug into your Mac and launch iTunes
- While holding down the Option key on the keyboard click update
- Select the 9.2.1 ipsw file you downloaded and let it do its thing

It will install 9.2.1 overtop the 9.3 beta and leave all your info and settings intact.

You may have to re-download apps, as I've heard some people say they've had to using this method more recently (apps were never affected during the 9.0.2 release -> 9.1 beta days but might have changed since.)

But downloading apps again is a whole lot better than losing data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.