Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

rmadera

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2013
It's been discussed in this thread previously. iOS 9.3 beta 4 has broken the 3rd party app notifications to the Watch. You have to install the latest beta of watchOS to restore that functionality.
Or wait until 9.3 beta 5 is released.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Or wait until 9.3 beta 5 is released.

Maybe, maybe not.

Since the issue is only fixed by updating the Watch OS, which is the other half of the phone-notifications-on-the-watch issue, it may be that it will be broken until both devices are updated (either with the beta software, or wait until the software is out of beta and released to the public).

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
Actually, I am. I just took this pic from internet since I'm at work and I can't post a screenshot of my 5S right now. hehe
But yeah, this isn't new, it's been around since iOS 5 ou 6 I guess.
[doublepost=1456408143][/doublepost]Cause I'm brazilian but I set the language to English, and the iPhone in the pic isn't mine. I'm on 9.3 B4. :) I bought the iPhone from internet and it happened to be from Germany though. hehe
btw, does this iBackupBot software needs Jailbreak in order to edit plist files in the phone?

Sorry :) I thought it was your phone's screenshot :) you don't have to jailbreak your phone. You can google it for the tips how you can remove the European volume limit.

Reactions: Guilherme1995

LK265

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Berkshire, England
It's not a bug. It is an EU regulation that all iPhones in Europe should have this high volume warning.

As an owner of a German iPhone, I also get this warning.
I also get this yellow bar in CC sometimes.

Vx5wGjJ.png
I also get these alerts - UK

Reactions: Guilherme1995

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Will that likely be in 2 weeks or maybe 1 because of how important the notification bug is on Apple Watch?

Likely the same two week cycle it's been for the entire 9.3 beta. Breaking notifications temporarily on the watch during an iOS beta isn't exactly a priority to rush out and release a fix. Beta is voluntary, not a requirement.

tanzblume

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2016
Has anybody else in privacy location settings com.apple.springboard?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 223

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Will that likely be in 2 weeks or maybe 1 because of how important the notification bug is on Apple Watch?

iOS 9.3 betas have been on a 2 week cycle. Don't expect that to change... and there's no guarantee that beta 5 will "fix" the third party notifications on the Watch without updating your watch OS...
[doublepost=1456446260][/doublepost]
Has anybody else in privacy location settings com.apple.springboard?

Looks more like an incorrectly installed app... never seen the "com.apple.springboard" name - usually it's just the wire frame icon and nothing in the name field.

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Likely the same two week cycle it's been for the entire 9.3 beta. Breaking notifications temporarily on the watch during an iOS beta isn't exactly a priority to rush out and release a fix. Beta is voluntary, not a requirement.
Could go down to one week as has happened with various betas for other versions before, or could be that no new betas would even come out until the release and they might just fix bugs internally and just make it all available when the final release is out. Gets somewhat harder to guess as things get closer to the actual release.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Could go down to one week as has happened with various betas for other versions before, or could be that no new betas would even come out until the release and they might just fix bugs internally and just make it all available when the final release is out. Gets somewhat harder to guess as things get closer to the actual release.

True, next build might be only one week from beta 4. It's been pretty much confirmed that there will be a beta 5 when Apple reassured everyone about the Pencil navigation. Saying it's being brought back in "for the next beta" with their improvement tweaks done to it.

They wouldn't rush out the next beta purely because of Apple Watch 3rd party notifications though.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Or it might be 9.3 beta 4.1. That's not unprecedented.

Except 9.3 beta 1.1 was to fix iPads getting stuck in a boot loop when trying to install beta 1.

Notifications on the Apple Watch aren't exactly critical to iOS beta, especially when it's not recommended to be installed on primary devices and be daily drivers.

Getting stuck in a boot loop when trying to install the beta on an iPad was critical.

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
It's been discussed in this thread previously. iOS 9.3 beta 4 has broken the 3rd party app notifications to the Watch. You have to install the latest beta of watchOS to restore that functionality.
But I am not a developer and everyone that has discussed it previously has mentioned that you have to be a developer to get the Apple Watch beta…

ledbye

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
But I am not a developer and everyone that has discussed it previously has mentioned that you have to be a developer to get the Apple Watch beta…
So my question is, does the iOS 9.3 Public beta 4 work with Developer watch OS2.2 beta 4? There are stacks of places to download the profile and I have that now, but I don't want to update the watch, only to brick it because developer betas don't play well with public ones!!

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So my question is, does the iOS 9.3 Public beta 4 work with Developer watch OS2.2 beta 4? There are stacks of places to download the profile and I have that now, but I don't want to update the watch, only to brick it because developer betas don't play well with public ones!!

Developer and Public iOS betas are the same builds. So "technically" the watch wouldn't know the difference. The watch gets its own profile to see beta updates.

But quite honestly. Most people would just be better off downgrading their phone off beta to get back 3rd party watch notifications vs updating their watch that can't be downgraded.

Reactions: The Doctor11

ledbye

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Developer and Public iOS betas are the same builds. So "technically" the watch wouldn't know the difference. The watch gets its own profile to see beta updates.

But quite honestly. Most people would just be better off downgrading their phone off beta to get back 3rd party watch notifications vs updating their watch that can't be downgraded.
Thanks heaps for the clarification.

I agree with downgrading - hadn't thought through the fact that you can't downgrade the watch os...but I'm pretty sure, back-ups of 9.3 beta 4 won't load onto 9.2.1 (or whatever their up to there)...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.