Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thanks heaps for the clarification.

I agree with downgrading - hadn't thought through the fact that you can't downgrade the watch os...but I'm pretty sure, back-ups of 9.3 beta 4 won't load onto 9.2.1 (or whatever their up to there)...?

You can try the steps I've mentioned a couple pages back. https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ce-improvements.1957661/page-15#post-22607045

However, there is a disclaimer. Results may vary, I've heard some say apps had to be re-installed and health data lost.

I've personally never had any of those issues before, but at the same time I've also haven't had the need to use that downgrade method since 9.1 was in beta. (downgraded from 9.1 beta to 9.0.2 a few times without a hair changed.) So it's possible things have changed since then.

You could also downgrade back to 9.3 beta 3 if you can find the ipsw for it I believe. And still have the ability to use your latest, most up to date 9.3 backup.

ledbye

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
You can try the steps I've mentioned a couple pages back.
This is really helpful mate, thanks a lot! Will post back when I have a chance to try it.
[doublepost=1456467482][/doublepost]
I tried this but i lost activity and health data
You will always lose this unless you have 'encrypted' back up enabled. I found out the hard way too!

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
Beta 4 is best beta yet. Nice and smooth performance on my iPad Air 2, still could be improved further, but light years away from the dark days of 9.0.x when I first bought this tablet. All the really irritating bugs of beta 3 have been quashed too. I'm happy. Looking forward to beta 5!

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors demi-god
Mar 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Is the mail bug fixed on iPad Air 2? (If you killed mail from app switcher and reopen it, it scrolls down)
[doublepost=1456470743][/doublepost]
How this beta performs on 5s compared to 9.2.1 in terms of smoothness ?
9.2.1 is good but not as smooth as ios 8, sometimes the animations while opening apps have lags
I find some aspects of 9.x better, like functionality, and others worse, such as stuttering

To answer your question, it's a lot better in terms of smoothness/stability

trifid

macrumors 68020
May 10, 2011
On a more serious note, Safari sometimes gets stuck on loading a page and doesn't seem to be fixed even when quitting, anyone get this?

ledbye

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
OK, so to get my normal workflow back, I've rolled back to beta 3 following @lagwaons instructions...sort of. Here's what I did and had zero data and app loss:

+ Made sure I did an encrypted back up in iTunes on my Mac
+ Found a copy of beta 3 on Reddit (!)
+ With the iPhone connected I held down the Option key and clicked "Check for Update"
+ Navigated to the downloaded beta 3 ipsw
+ Let it do it's thing! It came up with some strange warnings like I was syncing data, but I wasn't, so I just said Yes, or Update
+ The second time the phone rebooted, Photos opens but iTunes reported that the phone couldn't be connected. The phone in the meantime chucked a bright white screen with a progress bar and the Apple logo. After about a minute, the phone said Slide to Unlock, but had a bright white screen instead of my usual wallpaper. Unlocked using touch ID (yes, didn't have to re-do this) and everything was exactly how I left it :)

So now I'm on the more buggy iOS beta, BUT, my watch notifications are working!

All up took me less than 20 mins to do!

Cheers!

perfect_

Suspended
Feb 8, 2016
There is a another issue.

- Double tap home button (Not touch)
- Swipe up
(But dont open Control Center. You just need to see arrow.)
- Swipe right-left or touch screen
(Nothing happens)

Jamesk811

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2015
iOS 9.3 betas have been on a 2 week cycle. Don't expect that to change... and there's no guarantee that beta 5 will "fix" the third party notifications on the Watch without updating your watch OS...
[doublepost=1456446260][/doublepost]

Looks more like an incorrectly installed app... never seen the "com.apple.springboard" name - usually it's just the wire frame icon and nothing in the name field.

But
You can try the steps I've mentioned a couple pages back. https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ce-improvements.1957661/page-15#post-22607045

However, there is a disclaimer. Results may vary, I've heard some say apps had to be re-installed and health data lost.

I've personally never had any of those issues before, but at the same time I've also haven't had the need to use that downgrade method since 9.1 was in beta. (downgraded from 9.1 beta to 9.0.2 a few times without a hair changed.) So it's possible things have changed since then.

You could also downgrade back to 9.3 beta 3 if you can find the ipsw for it I believe. And still have the ability to use your latest, most up to date 9.3 backup.

So to confirm, I found a 9.3 b3 ipsw file on reddit and will follow your instructions above to downgrade to 9.3 b3. However after I do this do I need to restore from a backup?

ledbye

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
OK, so to get my normal workflow back, I've rolled back to beta 3 following @lagwaons instructions...sort of. Here's what I did and had zero data and app loss:

+ Made sure I did an encrypted back up in iTunes on my Mac
+ Found a copy of beta 3 on Reddit (!)
+ With the iPhone connected I held down the Option key and clicked "Check for Update"
+ Navigated to the downloaded beta 3 ipsw
+ Let it do it's thing! It came up with some strange warnings like I was syncing data, but I wasn't, so I just said Yes, or Update
+ The second time the phone rebooted, Photos opens but iTunes reported that the phone couldn't be connected. The phone in the meantime chucked a bright white screen with a progress bar and the Apple logo. After about a minute, the phone said Slide to Unlock, but had a bright white screen instead of my usual wallpaper. Unlocked using touch ID (yes, didn't have to re-do this) and everything was exactly how I left it :)

So now I'm on the more buggy iOS beta, BUT, my watch notifications are working!

All up took me less than 20 mins to do!

Cheers!

I did lose my iMessage history! Oh well.

Reactions: Jamesk811

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
But

So to confirm, I found a 9.3 b3 ipsw file on reddit and will follow your instructions above to downgrade to 9.3 b3. However after I do this do I need to restore from a backup?

With beta 3 you should still be able to use your most current 9.3 backup if anything did go wrong.

Pretty sure any 9.3 backup works with any 9.3 build. As far as I know you just can't use a backup of a newer version on an older version (IE 9.3 on 9.2.1)

Makale.Helvetia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
İSTANBUL - TÜRKİYE
we can see a new beta next week..beta 5 or beta 4.1, about the watch notifications,i think that's a major bug,developers are also testing their watch apps and it's notifications,working or not, improving or adding new features to them. so we don't know what will Apple decide, fixing on the final release or releasing a new hotfix beta next week,or keep going 2 weeks beta cycle.

spitf1r3

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Neverland
we can see a new beta next week..beta 5 or beta 4.1, about the watch notifications,i think that's a major bug,developers are also testing their watch apps and it's notifications,working or not, improving or adding new features to them. so we don't know what will Apple decide, fixing on the final release or releasing a new hotfix beta next week,or keep going 2 weeks beta cycle.
Developers also have access to watchOS 2.2 beta, which may not have the problem.

Reactions: lagwagon

CharlieBrown-DE

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Germany
Since 9.3 beta I cannnot open pdf-attachments in mails from the company MS-Exchange Server. They appear in the mail but tapping on them results in no Response or a black screen.
Anyone else with issues with Exchange?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Is it a "bug" or a "feature" that in battery settings, one can now only view battery usage over last 24hrs. but can longer see averages from over the previous 7 days?

image.png

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
opening CC when siri is open is not smooth. still laggy. What are u doing Apple!

Fixing bugs that matter. CC while Siri is activated and listening I can guarantee is not a priority fix. Because I highly doubt many (if any) outside the 2-3 people on this forum who mention (and probably only found it because they were poking around looking for lag in every little nook and cranny) it have ever used CC while talking to Siri.

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
Fixing bugs that matter. CC while Siri is activated and listening I can guarantee is not a priority fix. Because I highly doubt many (if any) outside the 2-3 people on this forum who mention (and probably only found it because they were poking around looking for lag in every little nook and cranny) it have ever used CC while talking to Siri.

That's true, but iOS 9 has had performance issues since June 2015 when 9.0 beta 1 launched.

They've gotten a lot better, though, and with 9.3 they're pretty much gone.

But I still can understand people's frustration.

Reactions: g-7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.