Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rava

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2015
I just wish Apple read these forums. I'm already mourning the loss of the Mini line, while using my Mini 4 daily.
Yeah, I realize that macrumors users are a small percentage of apple users, but it has to mean something that iPad Mini 5 threads keep appearing and getting so much attention.

Reactions: lbdesign

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
If you write Tim Cook et. al. and let them know you want a Mini 5, that may help. They do read those emails (especially if they are polite and to the point.) When it comes to their bottom line, you never know what they would consider.

When I am reemployed I will probably send that draft that's been sitting here since June.

Reactions: lbdesign

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
I was very sad the mini was not updated. But will continue to hold out hope until early to mid 2018.

I know right! This to me was the most exciting news. Im curious to see if this can fully replace my need for a phone :D

Unfortunately the watch can't replace the phone entirely because I believe carriers only offer watch add on plans to regular phone plans. Meaning, you have to have a phone plan to have a watch plan. Whether or not you actually use your phone is another matter of course.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I took your advice and sent product feedback re updating the iPad Mini. I requested at least an A9 processor, and apple pencil support. I am ready to replace my mini 2, and will do so once the right product comes along.

I suggest that others reading this also do the same. Here is the link:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html
At this point in time, it should be A10 Fusion. Significant improvement in battery life and efficiency which is important given the smaller battery. Interestingly enough, the high efficiency cores in the A10F seems to be close to the speed of A8. I think one of the interesting parts of the keynote is the high efficiency cores are probably going to be on par or faster than the A9. :)

Last edited:

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
At this point in time, it should be A10 Fusion. Significant improvement in battery life and efficiency which is important given the smaller battery. Interestingly enough, the high efficiency cores in the A10F seems to be close to the speed of A8. I think one of the interesting parts of the keynote is the high efficiency cores are probably going to be on par or faster than the A9. :)

While I would still definitely buy a mini with the A9, I completely agree. Putting the A9 in a new mini would be a horrible decision given that it's two years old now - we'll just be in this position again even faster.

Reactions: Niacchus

Josieb1

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2013
London
I took your advice and sent product feedback re updating the iPad Mini. I requested at least an A9 processor, and apple pencil support. I am ready to replace my mini 2, and will do so once the right product comes along.

I suggest that others reading this also do the same. Here is the link:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html
[doublepost=1505553291][/doublepost]I've also sent feedback, thanks for the link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.