Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I would combine the iPad Pro Mini with a 12.9, sharing the pencil 2, and the two would go great with my Watch 5 LTE.

The Pencil 3 would go better with the Watch 6 with its livescribe-like features that solve the watch's "text input" problems.

muzzy996

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2018
To me, the Mini 5 has all the features I want and need. A Pro version would be unnecessary, and just another reason to jack up the price.
Oh i dunno.. 2nd generation pencil attached to the side and USB-C support would be nice in a small form factor.

Reactions: AMP12345

Burebista

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2019
To me, the Mini 5 has all the features I want and need. A Pro version would be unnecessary, and just another reason to jack up the price.
I agree. We need Mini line to keep going, but I would much prefer the price to stay affordable. Maybe a 100 bucks increase to $499 woukd be acceptable for a somewhat refreshed looking Mini 6 a year or two from now. Because obviously the current design is getting too long in the tooth going forward. A bit slimmer bezels, better front and rear single camera and separated speakers on both sides would do. Touch id can stay.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
What exactly is a Pro Mini? If its just a FaceID and USB-C then I’d rather Apple just call it Mini 6 because any time Apple throws “Pro” on something then that price jumps to ridiculous levels.

Gaidin43

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
I waited years for the mini 5 to come out. I was using Samsung pro tab 8.4 and huawai M3 8.4 and both have superior speaker set up for primarily media viewing when compared to the mini, but the pocketable size is the best part. Moving to the mini 5 I do enjoy the IOS since it matches with my iPhone. When compared to the android skins on the other two it is a lot better.

An iPad mini pro would have to focus on being a better media consumption and gaming device with speakers on each end or even quad. Better black level screen. Upgrading to pencil 2 would make sense but not needed for me. Adding Face ID I’d be ok with as long as it works in landscape, but keeping touch is good too. USB-C is a must. Otherwise I think a refresh to a new design for mini 6 is fine.

Reactions: Cape Dave

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
As much as it would be nice to have a FaceID/Bezel-Less version of a iPad Mini... I don't see it happening. As iPhones get larger and larger... there's no reason for Apple to put that much resources into a modern iPad Mini.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Probably not, but I think the members here don’t necessarily represent the average Apple customer.
Take a look at the first sentence.
Screen Shot 2020-03-20 at 5.50.59 PM.png

Mac47

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I would love an iPad Pro Mini. I just ordered the 2020 12.9 inch model, but I do a lot of reading in bed with an old iPad Mini 2, and I find the size perfect for reading books.

Here's hoping they make it compatible with the same Apple Pencil 2 and don't introduce another model of the pencil.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.