Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
The fact that its Oct 3rd and there are no iPhones or even a mention they exist. Only rumors...
Apple is way behind in production based on pandemic scheduling (closing factories, etc) or way behind in production for what would be a normal year?

Trying to understand your thoughts as if apple should have been able to work through a global pandemic.

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
Apple is way behind in production based on pandemic scheduling (closing factories, etc) or way behind in production for what would be a normal year?

Trying to understand your thoughts as if apple should have been able to work through a global pandemic.

For the millionth time, stop using the pandemic as an excuse! Every other manufacturer got their phones out right on time this year. Its Apple's fault because of poor leadership that was not prepared.

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
For the millionth time, stop using the pandemic as an excuse! Every other manufacturer got their phones out right on time this year. Its Apple's fault because of poor leadership that was not prepared.
You are kind of right, but none of those manufactures sell one model more than Apple does...at release date they must have millions to sell and lets not forget TSMC 5nm chip is a new architecture for all 4 models (so already 2 factories, TSMC and foxconn to produce 10 millions units for the first weekend)...so there was an issue as well when you have restrictions at work and in the factories..too bad that apple couldnt place promotion without ltpo displays
It was easier for Apple if it had just 1 phone to release and that model would have been sold in 1-2 mil units tops
No one could be prepared for this times, starting since February-March of 2020

Last edited:
Reactions: CarolG and deuxani

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
If you look at the release schedule other phone manufacturers’ didn’t have to deal with closed factories and / or placing orders of 50 million phones or more.

So there was no delay, no poor scheduling, no poor leadership.

Nobody was prepared for a global pandemic in which the world shut-down.

edit: grammar

Last edited:

MacStreamer

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2020
The 11 Pro Max is the heaviest phone at almost 0.5 lbs. I hope they can manage to make the 12 Pro Max lighter.

Reactions: CarolG

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
Next week Apple will announce the Apple event for the 13 of October

And you know this how? Read it on a rumor website? Apple has said nothing about the iPhone 12 except that its going to be late this year, and that was 3 months ago...

And you know this how? Read it on a rumor website? Apple has said nothing about the iPhone 12 except that its going to be late this year, and that was 3 months ago...
They said it’ll be a few weeks late. October 13 seems like a targeted date.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom

A few of the larger publications are suggesting this date along with carriers. It seems more realistic compared to some of the things you’ve been promoting as fact lately whist refusing to back any of it up .

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016
They said it’ll be a few weeks late. October 13 seems like a targeted date.

Like I said, they haven't said anything since July. They have said nothing about an iPhone event or release dates, those are all rumors. Besides, its been more than a "few weeks", we are about a month late now. The iPhone 12 is going to be MONTHS late, especially the Pro models you won't see until Dec. Apple screwed up.

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
Like I said, they haven't said anything since July. They have said nothing about an iPhone event or release dates, those are all rumors. Besides, its been more than a "few weeks", we are about a month late now. The iPhone 12 is going to be MONTHS late, especially the Pro models you won't see until Dec. Apple screwed up.
I’ll make you a bet. If an upcoming Apple event Isn’t announced anytime this coming week I will stop commenting on macrumors for a month. If they do announce an upcoming Apple event then you stop commenting for a month. Deal?

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2019
@Sam in SoCal he’ll be pre-ordering the new iPhone with us 😂
He won’t take the bet. The desire to troll is strong in this one. No way he can stop commenting for a whole month. I’m ok with not commenting. I can survive without macrumors for 30 days and just enjoy reading what people are saying. he won’t preorder. He’ll be standing in line at a store, possibly camping ⛺️ overnight

He won’t take the bet. The desire to troll is strong in this one. No way he can stop commenting for a whole month. I’m ok with not commenting. I can survive without macrumors for 30 days and just enjoy reading what people are saying. he won’t preorder. He’ll be standing in line at a store, possibly camping ⛺ overnight
Possibly camp a week before the pre-order night?

LonestarOne

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2019
McKinney, TX
I can't wait for the "flat" sides. DW can't stand them. I think it gives it a more "sleek" industrial look (no curves, all straight lines, except for the outside corners).

I transferred my service from AT&T to Verizon this weekend. So, I had to remove my 11 Pro from the case to replace the SIM card. Holding it baked for the first time in more than a year, I was reminded how slippery it is. Flat sides would be a big improvement, if I had to go careless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.