Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Like I said, they haven't said anything since July. They have said nothing about an iPhone event or release dates, those are all rumors. Besides, its been more than a "few weeks", we are about a month late now. The iPhone 12 is going to be MONTHS late, especially the Pro models you won't see until Dec. Apple screwed up.
Criticising rumours on a rumours discussion site whilst giving an opinion that has nothing to back it up either? You are missing the vital phrase when making your posts and that’s ‘I think’.

camilasaunder89

Suspended
Aug 12, 2020
iPhone 12 is not yet released so we can not predict how it is going to be. But yes the design is going to be really good so, features might be different but not that much.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Like I said, they haven't said anything since July. They have said nothing about an iPhone event or release dates, those are all rumors. Besides, its been more than a "few weeks", we are about a month late now. The iPhone 12 is going to be MONTHS late, especially the Pro models you won't see until Dec. Apple screwed up.
There is no late. When Apple releases the iphone 12 or iphone 11s is the release. Nobody knows what the date is except for Apple, and one can't say it's late because a date was never announced. When Apple announces it, they announce it.

And no, if you can say "apple screwed up", I can counter with "last year they made this plan for 2020 and this was their original plan". You're just not in the know.

Reactions: Remington Steel

pilotpat

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
There is no late. When Apple releases the iphone 12 or iphone 11s is the release. Nobody knows what the date is except for Apple, and one can't say it's late because a date was never announced. When Apple announces it, they announce it.

And no, if you can say "apple screwed up", I can counter with "last year they made this plan for 2020 and this was their original plan". You're just not in the know.
Yep, later than usual yes. But late? Nope. An unannounced/unknown thing cannot by definition be "late".

DexBell

Suspended
Oct 23, 2016

Are you new to Apple? The iPhone is released every September. Thats what consumers expect and that's what the shareholders expect. The iPhone is LATE

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Are you new to Apple? The iPhone is released every September. Thats what consumers expect and that's what the shareholders expect. The iPhone is LATE
Citation that shareholders “expect” a phone release every September. This year apple decided up release the iPhone on its own schedule. You were not consulted.

• Angry
Reactions: compwiz1202

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I transferred my service from AT&T to Verizon this weekend. So, I had to remove my 11 Pro from the case to replace the SIM card. Holding it baked for the first time in more than a year, I was reminded how slippery it is. Flat sides would be a big improvement, if I had to go careless.
I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon at the end of August and it has been like night and day. I have to pay outright for my 12 Pro Max, since I switched to Verizon and got a free SE 2020, which I’m going to use along with my XS Max to preorder.

Remington Steel

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2016
Doesn't look like it will be today. No announcement made as of yet. They wouldn't do a "surprise" announcement like "stay tuned for special Apple Event today at noon!" would they?

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Exactly. When you set a trend since iP5, and it's not the same time, it's definitely late. This is like when we got paid on a Thursday for years and they messed up once and pay was late, and they use the excuse that pay day is technical Friday. NO if people get paid EVERY DAY for YEARS on the SAME DAY, is it even close to logical to expect anything different?!?!

• Wow
Reactions: DexBell and I7guy

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Exactly. When you set a trend since iP5, and it's not the same time, it's definitely late. This is like when we got paid on a Thursday for years and they messed up once and pay was late, and they use the excuse that pay day is technical Friday. NO if people get paid EVERY DAY for YEARS on the SAME DAY, is it even close to logical to expect anything different?!?!
The correct phrase might be "later than usual". The paycheck analogy is flawed as it's a known quantity/date.

Reactions: compwiz1202
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.