Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kottu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2014
Since the release of iPhone 12, many carriers were offering 3years contracts. So, a person with 13 may find the features in 16 attractive. To be honest, when I upgraded from 12PM to 15PM, I couldn’t find any valid reasons to justify the extra expenses it caused

Reactions: BigDO

Ted Lasso

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2020
UK
Just had to replace my iPhone 14 Pro Max due to a faulty charging port under AppleCare. So now I have a fresh 100% capacity battery I’ll be keeping this another year. Skipping for 2 year upgrade cycle for the first time ever.

macjaffa

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2010
The iPhone models are getting too large. Others may like the size but I'm not going to buy another new iPhone until Apple starts reducing the size.
They are heavier than the old ‘brick’ style nokias and ericssons from the early 2000’s

Reactions: gusmula

whitedragon101

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2008
What if Supertelephoto on the max is a large 48mp sensor and the same 5x lens. Then you get much better quality 5x 120mm shots and cropped 10x 240mm shots still using 24mp of the sensor. This is exactly what Samsung does

acgmph

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
Around the world
I used to upgrade every year because there were delivering important improvements (to me). But I stopped with the 14 Pro. I will definitely snag the 16 Pro (Max?) when they launch in the fall.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Will be a good upgrade. But the upgrade will be more significant for people with even older iPhones

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
Too bad natural titanium color is going away. How well does white match with the Apple Watch Ultra?

icenicen

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2024
I'm really annoyed that they're getting bigger. My 13 Pro is already uncomfortably large in jeans pockets. I miss my 5.8" 11 Pro, that was perfect.
Do you know iPhone 15 Pro is lighter and narrower than 11 Pro? Even 14 Pro is only very slightly larger than 11 Pro.

stylinexpat

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2009
I bought a Huawei P30 Pro back in 2019, It came with USB-C,5X Optical Zoom, Dual login options, Dual SIM with dual app options. Fast forward 5 years and where is Apple today..? 5 years later the original battery still beats the battery on my iPhone 15 Pro Max and the camera Zoom lens also beats it. I own both..

geta

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2010
The Moon
What shocking results, the upcoming iPhone 16 Pro will be better than the old iPhone 14 Pro… 😱

HVDynamo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
I’m the curmudgeon on this. They will likely introduce nothing that will be of any real interest to the vast majority of users. More likely a bunch of pointless features hardly anyone will use. Add in that many people can barely use the basic functions they already have.

Making calls, email, messaging, camera, storing photos, access internet, maybe some games, shopping and maybe banking apps, some music playing and maybe airdrop. For many if not most the rest is unnecessary complication—a million things they will never use.
I'm even a Tech Enthusiast in general, and I don't see anything that I really care about to upgrade from my 12 Pro even. Sure, some of the new things are nice, but not spend another $1000+ nice. My 12 Pro is holding up really well. Even the battery life is still solid after all these years.

HVDynamo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
With many users adopting two-year upgrade cycles, plenty of iPhone 14 Pro owners will be looking to upgrade to the ‌iPhone 16 Pro‌ later this year

I'm still enjoying my iPhone 6S. No slow down in performance, battery good, physically as new, nice display with 3D touch, convenient and practical home button and bezel, and a good sized phone.
I do miss the 3D Touch and Home Button/TouchID my 6S had. But the battery life was horrendous, even with a fresh battery. But I even back when tech was advancing somewhat quickly I only upgraded on the 2 year cycle twice (3G to 4 and 5S to 6S) and the 3G was because my 3G was having some issues with the screen and I just really wanted that retina screen. I would have ended up with the 4S if it hadn't been for the screen issue though. I've gone 3G > 4 > 5S > 6S > 12 Pro > ?. I don't see any reason to upgrade my 12 Pro yet. I think most people are getting to a 4 year or more cycle these days. There just isn't much exciting that can be done with phones anymore, in fact I think they have plateaued enough now that most change is just for change sake and I think some of them make the phone worse. (FaceID for me at least. I wish they would bring the Home button and TouchID back at least in one offering that wasn't a sacrifice in every other feature like the SE has been...)

Odan

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2023
I know the 13mini was a sales flop, but I also think that was perhaps overshooting the mark. The 5.8" size of the X, XS and 11pro was a winner. I also believe that it's a enough of a gap between the new 6.3 and 6.9 inch sizes, that Apple could release the pro in 3 sizes, and perhaps the standard iPhone in either one or two of the best selling sizes. Just because a phone is smaller by preference does not mean that the user wants a phone with fewer features, just a smaller phone.
For sure the X is the best size IMO, you just hold it one hand so easily. So thin too…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.