Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darren.h

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2023
I am waiting to buy in at the 2nm Apple silicon releases.
2nm iPhone processor
2nm Mac Studio processor
2nm iPad Processor. hopefully they fix iPadOS to be like macOS by then.

Lyrca

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2017
France
Still on the fence if I upgrade from my 13PM. More than happy with the shots I take with it. Only the slightly larger screen size might edge me to make the jump. WiFi 7 should be fun just for the sake of seeing what it can deliver.

Benny L

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2017
Vegas baby
HERE WE GO AGAIN!
Like the 6th article in 6 weeks singing the praises from appleheads at macrumors on upgrading to iPhone 16.
with Apple iPhone sales down ,as people are going to other phones due to the minimal incremental yearly iPhone improvements , you have to wonder about the truthful and factual reporting here at macrumors .
staff must be getting comped by Apple for pushing the need to yearly upgrade.
the need to upgrade every yr is a joke. The force feeding from Apple on minimal yrly upgrading is a joke.
I have had every iphone since they first came out, and yes, the first few years the yrly upgrade was worth it.
now a iPhone upgrade every 3 yrs is good enuff- minimal yrly upgrades most will not even need or use.
samsung is leaping ahead of Apple - sales show that. Tim Cook is stuffing minimal changes with raised prices every yr.
but macrumors Apple head staff re- write this story every week. Not guts enuff to ever criticize cook and his crappy yrly upgrades . Enuff already macrumors Apple head staff!

TomAllen

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2007
For about a decade, cellphones just kept getting smaller and smaller, until the keys got impossible to type on. Then came the touchscreen phones, and the shrinking trend reversed. Now it seems evey generation of every phone, iOS, Android or whatever, has to be larger than the last.

What I'm waiting for is the SE that is rumored to debut in 2025, to replace the 2020 SE I have now. As an avid bicyclist, I need a phone small enough to fit sideways in one of my jersey's back pockets. That way, it doesn't fall out when hitting a bump or other surface imperfection. Best case, it lands on a soft surface and isn't damaged. Bad case, hits pavement and breaks. Worst case, you don't notice it fell out, and the wrong person finds it.
Get a Quad Lock case.

Gator5000e

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2018
I'd keep my 14P but I swear there is something wrong with the camera. The Apple store doesn't agree but my phone can't focus on anything, especially when I take a night shot. It hunts to focus and none times out of ten looks like heck. So I amy upgrade to the 16 just to see if that helps.

Djones96

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2022
I'm on the iPhone upgrade program through Apple, but phone upgrades are so incremental these days that I might as well save my money and stick with my 15 Pro Max.

dogolaca

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2013
Some of us are on three-year upgrade cycles. Would love to see a similar comparison of 13 Pro v expected 16 Pro.

bobdobalina

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I'm still on the 11 Pro Max. Upgrades could be "now with free turnip" and I'll be buying it.

Also, what's up with these "1/1.14-inch" sensor size specs? Do engineers actually use that measurement standard or are camera makers just trying to make tiny sensors sound larger than they are? Just tell me the diagonal in millimeters for crying out loud. /r

anthogag

macrumors 68020
Jan 15, 2015
Canada
Desert Titanium or Rose Gold will be my upgrade to 16 Pro Max. Apple can't wait and I can't wait.

InnSuu

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2022
As MacRumors articles become more and more trivial, so have the Apple i-devices iteration. When topics drill down on such nonsense headlines as this - its time to panic - is the best on offer? Not for the first time this century the answer is - perhaps not.

lowkey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
australia
If iPhone 16 comes with a virtual AI assistant, along the lines of the Rabbit (but something that actually works) then I’ll upgrade for sure from my 13 Pro.

I’d it’s just these incremental spec upgrades I’ll probably hold out another year until the AI component is included.

Apple, and phone makers in general, need to get AI on board to drive sales and give us more software related features.

AlexJaye

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
iPhone 15 was "fairly significant" of an upgrade from the 14?

Who approves this drivel?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.