Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RyanS1908

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2024
I’m the curmudgeon on this. They will likely introduce nothing that will be of any real interest to the vast majority of users. More likely a bunch of pointless features hardly anyone will use. Add in that many people can barely use the basic functions they already have.

Making calls, email, messaging, camera, storing photos, access internet, maybe some games, shopping and maybe banking apps, some music playing and maybe airdrop. For many if not most the rest is unnecessary complication—a million things they will never use.
I agree - when you don't take the time to read the manual, you likely never figure out what all of the options are!

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Photographer here. Damn it apple stop with the 120mm lens and give us usable focal lengths
13mm, 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, and 120mm is an insane hole in the most needed focal lengths. 13, 24,35, 50 ,75 would be so much better. 120 is too long for hand holding video. and not a normal need,

Probably my most important request for the iPhone camera hardware (image processing is another pet peeve of mine). It's time the Pro (or at least the Max) gets 4 cameras:

Ultrawide,
Main (with crops up to 35mm like 15 Pro),
Portrait (50mm base with 75mm crop mode),
Ultra telephoto (120mm+ or the rumored 300mm) and it's just for when you really want to capture something far away

and all of them should be 48MP so the crops have plenty of data to work with.

1800AirTAG

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2014
For the first time since the original iPhone launched, im not enticed at all to upgrade from the 14 pro to whatever comes out next.

I know I’m in the minority when I say this, but I’m waiting for the fold. If Apple decided to never release one, once this 13 pro is unusable, I’ll figure out what’s next then.

AndiG

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2008
Germany
Maybe „plenty of iPhone 14 Pro owners will be looking to upgrade to the ‌iPhone 16 Pro‌“ is true.

Personally I upgraded from the 11pro zo the 15pro, which is a nice device. But in the end an iP15 would have done the job. I din‘t see this massive camera improvements, but the lenses are huge and bulky, So maybe I „downgrade“ next time?

Reactions: Stormshadow

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
Great. I take back all the good things I said about the 13 mini. Battery life is horrible. Chip can’t even handle a video recording. 16 pro in my future life and I can’t wait.
My 12mini could handle video recording just fine. What happened to your 13mini?

The battery life on the mini was a disappointment compared to the full size phones, though it was still better than the iPhone 8 I came from. The mini battery mainly suffered in comparison to the other new phones of that model. Size does matter in batteries.

lars666

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2008
For the first time since the original iPhone launched, im not enticed at all to upgrade from the 14 pro to whatever comes out next.

I know I’m in the minority when I say this, but I’m waiting for the fold. If Apple decided to never release one, once this 13 pro is unusable, I’ll figure out what’s next then.
Come on ... there definitely were more boring iPhone updates in the past than this one, especially if the new AI turns out to be true.

Reactions: Tagbert and SFjohn

femike

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
With many users adopting two-year upgrade cycles, plenty of iPhone 14 Pro owners will be looking to upgrade to the ‌iPhone 16 Pro‌ later this year

I'm still enjoying my iPhone 6S. No slow down in performance, battery good, physically as new, nice display with 3D touch, convenient and practical home button and bezel, and a good sized phone.

Mity

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2014
The tech improvements look awesome and I'm happy about the larger display. However, I would like to see a Apple go back to a flip-style mute switch again. That's actually one reason why I bought a 14PM when the 15PM came out.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Very useful comparison. I would love to see one of these between the iPhone 14 Pro and the non-Pro iPhone 16. With the increased size and thickness, the pro models are less compelling to me now.

SFjohn

macrumors 68020
Sep 8, 2016
I wonder when Apple is gonna launch the subscription service thingy for the iPhone. I for one, would be at least giving a thought to use it
Apple already has one. You pay monthly for a new iPhone (interest free) and get a new iPhone each year. The price you pay is based on a 2 year purchase, so it’s actually cheaper than buying a new iPhone when you factor inflation into the mix. As long as you know you’ll have a guaranteed income, it’s a great option.

biracialfamily91

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2015
Queens, NY
I’m upgrading from the 12 Pro Max. I
wanted to upgrade last year but there was no significant boost in battery life from the previous models. I also heard about the size increase so I didn’t wanna miss out on that either. Never kept on to my phone this long before.

Reactions: Marty80 and SFjohn

MacAndMic

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2009
Very useful comparison. I would love to see one of these between the iPhone 14 Pro and the non-Pro iPhone 16. With the increased size and thickness, the pro models are less compelling to me now.
I'm in the same boat as you. Honestly, I wouldn't even be looking to upgrade my 14 Pro if it weren't for a cracked lower right corner of the screen. While it was in a case, and that case was in another case on my bike, it was not enough to prevent some damage from a bicycle accident last year. It did better than me though. ;) I'm fine but it took some stitches and a few weeks of road rash healing. We both have scars now. LOL

Reactions: Agile55

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68020
May 27, 2014
I might pull the trigger on this. Really depends on trade in values for 14 pro max. I’m happy with my 14PM but the USBC is a big selling point for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.