Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Check out the Otterbox Cactus :mad:

cactus01.jpg

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Zensō and mikext

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
i think i’m gonna switch to the pro size instead of pro max (which i have had for several years) thoughts?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
A gamble? Cutouts should work with no problems. I’m not too concerned. My only concern is not getting a case with an oversized cutout. I’ve seen some gnarly ones so far.
If you don’t mind the look of the CC cutout, then yes, it’s no gamble. If, on the other hand, you prefer a closed cover, there is going to be some shenanigans as we wait for these manufacturers to figure it out (thinking of the Action button chaos from last year, which is bound to be worse with this capacitive button).

Reactions: N69AP

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I'm really glad I'm not upgrading this year. That cutout is not for me. Hopefully other manufacturers figure it out before the 17 series 😂
Seems like only Apple cases and those on the Apple store (Otterbox, Beats) will have the camera control button covered and a proper capacitive button. Other case manufacturers will take some time to update their cases (or get an official Apple one and copy).

mfrank29

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2017
The problem I have with the cutouts is the dust your screen protector gets all around the edges will be on full display there. Will likely return the aspen and keep the Ryan London if all else is equal.

Reactions: Chuckeee

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
The problem I have with the cutouts is the dust your screen protector gets all around the edges will be on full display there. Will likely return the aspen and keep the Ryan London if all else is equal.
i have a frameless case rn on my 15pm and i used the arc pulse for many months and i don’t have dust buildup around my screen protector. 🤔

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Struggling to find a simple leather case similar to what Apple used to provide. That’s all I want. Nothing bulky, just simple and minimalistic. I’ve seen a few different brands posted here but does anyone have a personal preference like mine, and if so, what did you end up going with?

mikext

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Struggling to find a simple leather case similar to what Apple used to provide. That’s all I want. Nothing bulky, just simple and minimalistic. I’ve seen a few different brands posted here but does anyone have a personal preference like mine, and if so, what did you end up going with?
Dunno if they're making a 16 version but LuckyCoin is the thinnest/closest to what Apple's Leather cases were. If you prefer the open-bottom leather cases, Ryan London and Bullstrap were my favorites.

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007

This is possibly a concern

Caudabe cases for iPhone 16 drop on Friday

However, I am wondering if it's a better idea to go with the official Apple cases since they are designed to communicate better with Camera Control.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: HouseofG

DJL311

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2020
Trying to get something a bit lighter than my Gripzilla this time around. I’ll probably start with either a Gripmunk or Ringke Onyx. Also, it’s nice to see Spigen finally added MagSafe to the Thin Fit. That seems like a decent option now as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.