Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
I ended up ordering two gray (one for me one for husband) and one ultramarine for my son. The gray grew on me. That’s not saying if the pastels hit this spring or whenever I won’t be getting one. But the gray is really classy looking!

Reactions: Pug72

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
Last year the Nomad Modern Leather case became my favorite case and I ended up only using it instead of my other cases the last 6ish months on my iPhone 15 Pro Max.

I'm doing my yearly upgrade to the 16 Pro or Pro Max and think I'll go for the Silicone case this year for the first time because of the capacitive camera control button on the case. The cut out for the camera control on some of the cases look really bad and until I can verify that the camera control button still works fine with a cut out I'll go for the "safe" option from Apple.

But I've never been a huge fan of the silicone cases since they snag on my pocket lininngs and easily smudges. So what color(s) will show less smudges and finger prints, the darker or the lighter colors? The phone will be Natural titanium and I'm thinking about getting either Lake Green, Denim or Stone Gray.

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
My Spigen Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 16 Pro arrived today. I thought that an article posted earlier stated they were covering their cutout with a captive button?

IMG_0052.JPG

Last edited:

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
My Spigen Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 16 Pro arrived today. I thought that an article posted earlier stated they were covering their cutout with a captive button?

View attachment 2415043

Only for the Ultra Hybrid T (!), as in an extra T in the name of the case, not the regular Ultra Hybrid..

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Reactions: Sal09

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
That was quick. Did you pay for same day shipping?

The Lake Green looks nice

So the camera control button is literally just a plastic button? They make it sound more special and complicated than that.
Free standard delivery.

Yea it feels plastic but there is defo something sandwiched in between the plastic top and inner silicone unless its more plastic lol.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
The cases this year look truly awful.

I find silicone cases too slippy but apples cases are the only ones not butchering the cut out.

Reactions: Sal09

Dark-Signature

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2022
I am looking for the thinnest possible case for the iPhone 16 Pro. The plan is to put glass on the display of the iPhone 16 Pro and then use a case that doesn't make the frame look as thick as the Apple Silicon cases, for example. I wonder what users are missing in terms of aesthetics if Apple keeps reducing the edges of the case to the display (which is very nice), but many users then use cases where the case adds a “new” frame of 1-2mm.

So: what are the thin cases to be preferred? are there any recommendations?

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
I am looking for the thinnest possible case for the iPhone 16 Pro. The plan is to put glass on the display of the iPhone 16 Pro and then use a case that doesn't make the frame look as thick as the Apple Silicon cases, for example. I wonder what users are missing in terms of aesthetics if Apple keeps reducing the edges of the case to the display (which is very nice), but many users then use cases where the case adds a “new” frame of 1-2mm.

So: what are the thin cases to be preferred? are there any recommendations?
Pitaka or other similar aramid fibre cases

Dark-Signature

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2022
Pitaka or other similar aramid fibre cases
I'm a bit skeptical when a provider shows a lot of photos of the case from the back, but hardly any photos from the front, so that you can get an impression of how accurately the new edge will fit or how thick it will be due to the case.

Reactions: Chuckeee

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Bringing this up again...

Was the need for a special conductive camera control button something case manufacturers (outside of Apple, Beats, and Spigen) were blind-sighted by or can we expect third-party manufacturers to have the feature available in their cases upon release?

I am a little worried about what Caudabe will be offering come Friday.

Reactions: walds11
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.