Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
This thread was so bad for my wallet last year 😆, but I got so much out of all the variety, trying things out and the custom mods. I had to jump off after I had 6 cases for my 15PM at the time. I know that's probably nothing compared to what some of you went through. Happy hunting for the next best case!

Reactions: juice3250

crobcary

macrumors member
May 13, 2019
Portland, OR
I typically purchase an ESR clear/hybrid case at launch for all-over protection needs, but I got a silicone Suti Phoneback in March and basically rolled with that the rest of this year with no regrets.

They are already soft-launching new materials like wood and carbon fiber for pre-order. I wish I could see more photos/videos before purchasing, but I also like to have a case on day one and don’t want to fall behind them selling out. (Sigh…first-world issues.)

Reactions: Pug72

KevinCyrus

Suspended
Apr 24, 2024
Glad to see a thread starting for the iPhone 16 cases! I’ve been thinking about what case to go with when I eventually upgrade. I’ve had good experiences with both Torras and Anker in the past. Torras cases are usually pretty sleek and protective without adding too much bulk, which is something I really appreciate. Anker also makes solid cases, and they tend to focus on durability, so they’re a great option if you’re looking for something that can take a bit more of a beating.

Has anyone seen any early reviews or got their hands on any of these cases for the new iPhone 16 yet? I’m curious to know how they stack up!"

Reactions: Todolist and Pug72

Forumjibber

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2024
IMG_0613.png
Bought a Benks armor pro, they offer free replacement if the fit isn’t right

Reactions: julit0

timothevs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2007
FL
I just received my first four cases for the iPhone 16 Pro from Ali. One of them in suspiciously Apple like packaging - complete with seal etc.

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
I just received my first four cases for the iPhone 16 Pro from Ali. One of them in suspiciously Apple like packaging - complete with seal etc.

Not sure I believe this. I’ve looked all over AliExpress and nothing.

timothevs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2007
FL
I'm sorry, I'm not at home. Here are some quick pics I took last night. Please note that I said 'suspiciously'. It would fool maybe a few folks.

IMG_0127.jpeg IMG_0129.jpeg IMG_0128.jpeg IMG_0130.jpeg

Reactions: ryansebiz

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
People really think they’ll hold off up upgrading because their phone will have a button that can’t be covered with a case??
I know some folks that held off upgrading to the 15 because Apple stopped making the leather case and FineWoven was not great. So I wouldn't be super surprised if people choose not to upgrade because of the new capture button and the cutout on the case. Not saying agree, but some people find those things rather off putting.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Reached out to Benks and the buttons on the 600D ArmorPro are no longer floating metal buttons, but now slitted. 🤦‍♂️

I'll see how I feel when it comes but I feel I will probably be doing usual Holy Grail hunt again now. 👎🏻

View attachment 2409556 Bought a Benks armor pro, they offer free replacement if the fit isn’t right
Just put in an order for an ArmorPro, too.

This review vid gives a great view of the case. Yes, the buttons are cutout style. I have an ESR case with the same style buttons for my 15PM, and they’ve been ok. I do like the floating or enclosed buttons better, but I think I can deal. The fit compatability warranty and 30 day return help - assuming our new phones deliver 9/20 - we’ll have some time to try the case and return if needed.

Reactions: Wxchaser

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
It just arrived and it's very good.
I prefer the floating metal buttons on the 15PM version but the buttons look fine with the black phone underneath.

The sides have a little texture now which looks and feels good.
MagSafe is the same as previous and the strongest of all cases I've had.
The 15 Pro Max can be placed inside, there is a noticeable size difference though as there is a good few mm gap in length and a little bit in width too.
Same weight as last gen (44g).

You can see better in the above video @julit0 posted but here's some pics I took, the iPhone (15PM) is in the new case:

1.jpg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpg

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
Just put in an order for an ArmorPro, too.

This review vid gives a great view of the case. Yes, the buttons are cutout style. I have an ESR case with the same style buttons for my 15PM, and they’ve been ok. I do like the floating or enclosed buttons better, but I think I can deal. The fit compatability warranty and 30 day return help - assuming our new phones deliver 9/20 - we’ll have some time to try the case and return if needed.

How have you managed to order? Won't let me do it on their site

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
I prefer the floating metal buttons on the 15PM version but the buttons look fine with the black phone underneath.

The 15 Pro Max can be placed inside, there is a noticeable size difference though as there is a good few mm gap in length and a little bit in width too.

You can see better in the above video @julit0 posted but here's some pics I took, the iPhone (15PM) is in the new case:

View attachment 2410084

View attachment 2410085

View attachment 2410086

View attachment 2410087

View attachment 2410088

View attachment 2410089

View attachment 2410090
How did you get hold of this already?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

View attachment 2410084

View attachment 2410085

View attachment 2410086

View attachment 2410087

View attachment 2410088

View attachment 2410089

View attachment 2410090
Thanks for the pics. Not excited about the massive opening for the new Capture button; I’m left handed and it falls exactly where my fingertips hold the phone, which is going to be a problem. It seems they didn’t consider lefties (not surprised). I will probably pass on upgrading this year, though if the button becomes a permanent fixture I don’t know what the solution will be long term.

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
So are we thinking the capture button is going to have to be a cutout, or will it possible be covered by Apple cases?

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
So are we thinking the capture button is going to have to be a cutout, or will it possible be covered by Apple cases?
This is what I'm waiting to find out. Maybe it's possible to use glass or metal button/cover over the 'button' and we'll see some sort of cover on Apple cases.
If not, open hole in cases will be the norm.
Judging by the indent surrounding the hole, it definitely looks like a touch sensitive area with space needed for sliding, etc.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA

View attachment 2410084

View attachment 2410085

View attachment 2410086

View attachment 2410087

View attachment 2410088

View attachment 2410089

View attachment 2410090
Thanks for the pictures! Great to see real user photos as I know how those review videos can be "overproduced" some times. I actually went with Benks based on your posts and looking back at the 15 Case thread and experiences there.

How have you managed to order? Won't let me do it on their site
I see @Pug72 posted his order site - and I'm in Los Angeles, CA, area and similar experience on Benks' US site. I even googled for a coupon code and got an additional 15% off and no shipping charges for just the one case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.