Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
This is what I'm waiting to find out. Maybe it's possible to use glass or metal button/cover over the 'button' and we'll see some sort of cover on Apple cases.
If not, open hole in cases will be the norm.
Judging by the indent surrounding the hole, it definitely looks like a touch sensitive area with space needed for sliding, etc.
Yeah I am thinking they can’t cover it up. It’s gonna have to be open. Such an interesting choice.

Reactions: Pug72

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
If that's where the button ends up being, it'll be a little awkward to use. I was hoping/expecting it to be lower on the phone.
Though for us left-handers, this position at least leaves a small area for resting one’s fingertips.

Last edited:

Bare Cases

Suspended
Sep 5, 2021
So are we thinking the capture button is going to have to be a cutout, or will it possible be covered by Apple cases?
The capacitive nature of this new button means an open cutout would provide the best user experience aside from a completely naked device. As case makers, an open cutout is the safest approach for now. Once we get the actual device in hand, and understand how this button works, we can test covered designs using different materials to see whether it affects the user experience.

Reactions: Hooterville

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Here's a couple people may be interested in.

Ringke Fusion-X (this one non-MagSafe, but they do do it with.)
After being a previous fan of this case, I was disappointed with this years and returned as it was just way too flimsy to pull away at the sides.

1.jpg

This is one that may be better than the Benks ArmorPro as it looks very similar but has the metal floating buttons that Benks didn't go with for the 16 series.
Will look out for this one to try and if it is as solid on the sides and has a strong MagSafe it'll trump the ArmorPro.

591-Uni001311_0.jpg

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
Just ordered this, will do as a stop gap before the Caudabe cases arrive.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £9.19 | Business Hit Color Relief Leather Case For iPhone 16 15 14 13 Pro Max For Magsafe Magnetic Wireless Charge Alloy Len Cover Bag

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Guess you will be activating the camera every time you pick up the phone :(
I have to wonder if the Capture button remains dead unless a camera app is already open. That, or perhaps activating the camera will require a long press or force press similar to the flashlight on the Home Screen.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
That capture button does not thrill me one bit and pretty much ruins all cases :(
Think I'll be sticking with the 15 Pro Max for another year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zensō and walds11

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Just ordered another Benks fave I have on my 15PM right now. The Mist. Was added to their site today.
It has my preferred metal floating buttons.

MistPhoneCaseforiPhone16Pro.jpg.jpeg

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Damn, a new Caudabe case. I am still not upgrading to the 16 Pro. My 15 Pro still suits my needs. Well, unless FOMO kicks in 🤣

Reactions: Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.