Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
How’d you end up liking the blue overall? I think I initially would’ve liked the color, but after the honeymoon phase was over, I wouldn’t have liked it as much, but regardless I think you’ll love the natural! I loved my white 15 PM but going back to black this year, can’t wait.
I’m also going for black this year. I was glad to see it’s darker than last year’s black.

Reactions: Djones96

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
@IconIc215 @Zensō @Hooterville I see you guys as well, good to see more familiar faces around here!
Yea I am back for the ride even though I really have no reason to upgrade : ) I am in such a routine of getting the new phone every year. As much as I talked myself out of it, as soon as the "Get Ready" option in the app opened up here I caved. Anyway, good to see you back as well. Now I just need to contain myself from buying too many cases which just wind up sitting there.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I’m also going for black this year. I was glad to see it’s darker than last year’s black.
Great minds think alike, eh? 😉 it’s definitely going to be an interesting year with the new button, but I cant imagine it’ll take too long to get used to. I’m glad I’m not in the case making industry because some people are getting uptight about having a button or a cutout much like last year lol. I’m indifferent but everyone’s entitled to their opinion 🤷
Yea I am back for the ride even though I really have no reason to upgrade : ) I am in such a routine of getting the new phone every year. As much as I talked myself out of it, as soon as the "Get Ready" option in the app opened up here I caved. Anyway, good to see you back as well. Now I just need to contain myself from buying too many cases which just wind up sitting there.
Hahah you and I are the same in that regard. I have 0 reason to upgrade besides wanting to, bad fomo I guess 😂 I said the same thing last year, but I’m actually going to make it a personal goal to not buy as many cases (guess we’ll see how that goes lmao) good to see you, friend!

Reactions: Zensō

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
How’d you end up liking the blue overall? I think I initially would’ve liked the color, but after the honeymoon phase was over, I wouldn’t have liked it as much, but regardless I think you’ll love the natural! I loved my white 15 PM but going back to black this year, can’t wait.

Honestly I know a lot of people loved the blue but I ended up wishing I got natural so this year is that year for me without a doubt.

Desert is nice and the novelty but not for me.

I love black but I had the space black 14PM then the blue 15PM which were both dark it's time to lighten up a bit.

White is super clean but too stark for me, last time I had a white iPhone was iPhone 5 lol

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015
Just ordered Benks ArmorLite. I think from those without CC buttons, it's one of the best (aesthetically speaking).

Reactions: Pug72

johnoffthewall3

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2015
Ordered the Clear Grip from totallee again. Had it last year and it's exactly as the name implies: clear and grippy. Served me well last year, so I'm sure it will be the same this time around.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Honestly I know a lot of people loved the blue but I ended up wishing I got natural so this year is that year for me without a doubt.

Desert is nice and the novelty but not for me.

I love black but I had the space black 14PM then the blue 15PM which were both dark it's time to lighten up a bit.

White is super clean but too stark for me, last time I had a white iPhone was iPhone 5 lol
That makes sense. Part of me wished I went natural last year, but I love the white iPhones so I don’t regret my choice.

While the desert is nice, it’s also one of those colors where after 2 weeks it’d get old to look at, IMO.

My 13 PM was Sierra blue which I loved, then black 14 PM, then white 15 PM, now I guess it’s time to go back to black for 16 PM. I guess natural would sort of complete the quad-fecta but I think I’m mostly settled on black.

Reactions: JBlass421

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
That makes sense. Part of me wished I went natural last year, but I love the white iPhones so I don’t regret my choice.

While the desert is nice, it’s also one of those colors where after 2 weeks it’d get old to look at, IMO.

My 13 PM was Sierra blue which I loved, then black 14 PM, then white 15 PM, now I guess it’s time to go back to black for 16 PM. I guess natural would sort of complete the quad-fecta but I think I’m mostly settled on black.

I loved my Sierra Blue 13PM too! It was such a good color

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Bellroy has a new case with built in attachment for a lanyard. Coming out in 4 weeks

I'm considering this as I have other Belroy products and they are extremely well made and well thought out. That said, it's not available right away, so I might wait for reviews since I'll need to get something in the meantime. I do wish there was a light grey or other color option. I like that it's matte finish.

Reactions: Boardiesboi

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
Yes we are the crazies who need a case that makes the camera button work perfectly even if we never use the button
I’ll get a ton of use out of the button! I have kids so the camera is necessary, but I also make skateboard videos and I am SO excited for that camera button. I’m going to have so much fun with it :)

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
I talk myself out of it as well, then for some unknown crazy reason I said well what the heck, why not. So I bought some cases, and now I’m forced to buy the 16 pro. I must be a sick person. 🤪 12 pro now will be a back up

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I’m glad I’m not in the case making industry because some people are getting uptight about having a button or a cutout much like last year lol.
Yeah, count me as one of those people. I’ll be sticking with Apple cases until the third-party manufacturers figure out the button situation. I understand why they had to go with a cutout initially, but hoping they eventually update their offerings with a button cover.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Yeah, count me as one of those people. I’ll be sticking with Apple cases until the third-party manufacturers figure out the button situation. I understand why they had to go with a cutout initially, but hoping they eventually update their offerings with a button cover.
Hey, nothing wrong with that. If I'm honest with you, I'm leaning more towards having a dedicated cover for this new button, but I do plan on picking up a Caudabe case that has a cutout when they launch. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. That's the beauty of many different opinions!

RedllowFenix

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
I’ve used the Spigen Liquid Air case on every iPhone I’ve had since 2017 and will continue to do so this on the 16 Pro I order on Friday.
Me too, however, my iPhone 14 pro max has scratches on the edge of the screen. Has the same thing happened to you?

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012

Attachments

• 61BxietcAmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61BxietcAmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.