Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
I'm gonna order the 16 Pro Max and as usual I want a minimalistic case.
Just found one that might suit me: the Bare case.

The_Bare_Case_-_Thinnest_Clear_MagSafe_Case_for_iPhone_16_Pro_Max.jpg

Any feedback from this brand?
That case looks like something I’d like but I don’t know much about the brand or case. I usually like clear cases that are thin, somewhat grippy, and offer some protection. The Otterbox Lumen case works great for what I’m looking for. Check it out and see if it’s something you’d like. They have the dimensions/weight of the case under tech specs so you can get an idea of the overall size and how much bulk/weight it would add to the phone.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Hey friends! Another year, another iPhone. I see that it's been discussed in here, but I can't decide between the Stone Gray silicone or Lake Green to go with the Black iPhone, what we thinking here?

Reactions: JBlass421

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Hey friends! Another year, another iPhone. I see that it's been discussed in here, but I can't decide between the Stone Gray silicone or Lake Green to go with the Black iPhone, what we thinking here?

I went lake green as it looked rather unique, plus I'm most likely gonna grab a gray Caudabe Synthesis when they drop on Friday. I don't need more than one gray case lol

I am going black titanium this year as well

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
I went lake green as it looked rather unique, plus I'm most likely gonna grab a gray Caudabe Synthesis when they drop on Friday. I don't need more than one gray case lol

I am going black titanium this year as well
Good to see you back for another year, brotha! I am thinking along the same lines as you.
I got both to go with my black titanium. Can post pics tomorrow.
Thank you, looking forward to them!

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Good to see you back for another year, brotha! I am thinking along the same lines as you.

Thanks friend, good to see you back too. Personally I'll be getting the same heavy hitters I used for the 15PM. Not much change from the rotation. One Apple case, one Spigen, some Caudabe, some Nomad, some Pitaka, and some Phone Rebel. Not much leather as they hardly got used over the past year.

My most used case for the 15PM ended up being the Phone Rebel Flex

Reactions: Djones96

iSteveo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
I ordered the Beats case. I did not know that there was an open bottom when I ordered it. Then i saw the pictures on here, those pictures make the case look very cheap. I ordered the Apple silicon case just now. Both cases should be delivered Monday. After comparing them in side by side, I will decide which one to return.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Thanks friend, good to see you back too. Personally I'll be getting the same heavy hitters I used for the 15PM. Not much change from the rotation. One Apple case, one Spigen, some Caudabe, some Nomad, some Pitaka, and some Phone Rebel. Not much leather as they hardly got used over the past year.

My most used case for the 15PM ended up being the Phone Rebel Flex
Thanks brotha! I'm sure I won't stray far from the same rotation I had last year, but I'll probably make it a personal goal to not splurge on as many cases as I did for the 15, and doubt I'll even pick up any leather cases this year. Will probably just stick to Caudabe, Apple, Spigen.

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
My friend bought this Bare case for his 15 Pro, he dropped his iPhone and the back glass shattered. I'd get something with more protection.

Yeah those hard cases aren't very protective (compared with TPU) but I'm a pretty careful user, so I'm not looking for extreme protection. Minimal design is my main goal, just for the sake of not going fully naked.

That case looks like something I’d like but I don’t know much about the brand or case. I usually like clear cases that are thin, somewhat grippy, and offer some protection. The Otterbox Lumen case works great for what I’m looking for. Check it out and see if it’s something you’d like. They have the dimensions/weight of the case under tech specs so you can get an idea of the overall size and how much bulk/weight it would add to the phone.

I'm not a fan of the colors palette.
I'm gonna buy my 16PM in Natural Titanium and none of the colors combine nicely for my taste.

Anyway, this is more of a "day one" protection purchase until the case market gets richer and provide more diverse options.

Reactions: timeconsumer

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
UPDATE FOR ANYONE CONSIDERING A CAUDABE iPHONE 16 CASE

Based on a CNET article warning iPhone 16 consumers about the case they were about to buy for their phone, there was much speculation about which manufacturers would provide a proper conductive button or large enough cutout that would allow proper translation of finger gestures to the phone's new camera control button.

CAUDABE, being one of the leading brands of cases, was under suspicion since they had yet to unveil their iPhone 16 lineup. I had been contacting them for the past week about the button and they evaded answering the question in their response which prompted further suspicion.

Yesterday, I received this response from Caudabe:

Caudabe Support

Sep 11, 2024, 14:45 GMT-5

Just to clarify, we’re not mentioned in that Cnet article, nor are there any images of our cases. However, the article makes a valid point. A couple of third party cases have launched recently with a button instead of a cutout, but it's still unclear how well they perform with the iPhone’s capacitive touch Camera Control button.

Like most other third party manufacturers this year, we’ve opted for a cutout. Rest assured that the Camera Control button will be 100% compatible with all of our cases, since your finger will be able to operate the button directly.

Our team knew early on that Apple was including a capacitive touch button this year, which detects both swiping motions and presses of varying degrees of pressure. Our goal was to design a cutout that would enable users to easily access and use the Camera Control button, but wouldn’t be grotesquely large, especially given the slightly awkward placement of the button on the phone itself. Not to ruin the surprise, but once our iPhone 16 lineup launches on Friday, we think you’ll find that we were able to strike a nice balance.

POST THOUGHTS FROM ME:

I don't know if this cutout works as well as the specific camera control feature via sapphire crystal that Apple and Beat cases offer. That's something we won't find out for a few weeks.

Last edited:

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
Besides the crystal case which other Silicone colour case will go well with the black 16 Pro

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I’ve ordered a Benks Amorair for my black Pro Max 16. I also ordered an Apple silicone case in Stone Grey yesterday and that’s arriving today so I shall rock that one for a while and see how it goes.

BonesNStones

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2024
15F3DFC9-DC69-45D2-B11B-F3F3258F63F5.jpeg
Did anyone get the Otterbox Lumen in blue? If so, can you please post a picture? The blue on the Apple website makes it look more purple to me so I’m curious.
It’s a flat, bright blue (my 12 mini isn’t having much luck capturing the brightness). I’d say similar to the ultramarine silicone. There’s no iridescence like the green

Reactions: timeconsumer

EclecticGent

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Georgia, USA
Since stills are done up on the Lumen - here's a short vid. Loving the iridescent shine on the MagSafe ring.
View attachment 2416100

This was kinda the vibe I was hoping for with Desert Titanium and the green - matchy matchy to my Benchmade Bailout! I know the Desert Ti will be a lot brighter - but a lot of the videos out show that it's very reactive to the lighting as far as its tone.
View attachment 2416101
Are these the same cases, or does the bottom case have a black border?

Reactions: julit0

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
What folio cases are people getting this year? My wife usually gets the Vaja Folio case, but it is expensive and I think last years was not as good as previous ones. The credit card slots seemed to have loosened up easily, which made them fall out easier. Appreciate recommendations. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.