Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Why are some opposed to the cutout? If it's chamfered and looks well done, I do not see the harm in that. For my needs that is....curious to know why those not feeling it.
I’m sure the cutouts work fine, I’m just not fond of the look in most instances. There are a few exceptions…

PS - Also, being left handed, those large cutouts right where my fingers normally rest are bound to be very awkward.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Did anyone get the Otterbox Lumen in blue? If so, can you please post a picture? The blue on the Apple website makes it look more purple to me so I’m curious.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Why are some opposed to the cutout? If it's chamfered and looks well done, I do not see the harm in that. For my needs that is....curious to know why those not feeling it.
I’m not necessarily against it but I’d prefer not to have the cutout. That’s another spot where things can get into the case. I do take my phone out of my case pretty regularly to wipe down the phone and inside of the case but I’d still prefer not to have the cutout for that reason.

But aesthetically I’m not that bothered by it like the Pitaka cases which already have other cutouts, it looks fine to me.

Reactions: thatappleguytoday

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
That’s why I went with the Apple Silicone case this year too. I’m wondering if that sapphire crystal button technology is proprietary to Apple?
Otterbox, Spigen, and Supcase have some models with a pass through Camera Control cover. Not sure if they’re using sapphire though.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Reactions: timeconsumer

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Caudabe new case...they think they slick with the editing skills

GS7pBUp.jpeg

I'll show them lol ...not gonna be for the non cutout crew

GLBYY84.jpeg

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

GS7pBUp.jpeg

GLBYY84.jpeg
Cool. I wonder about that back material? Doesn’t look to have the same texture as either the Sheath or the Synthesis…

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Since stills are done up on the Lumen - here's a short vid. Loving the iridescent shine on the MagSafe ring.

This was kinda the vibe I was hoping for with Desert Titanium and the green - matchy matchy to my Benchmade Bailout! I know the Desert Ti will be a lot brighter - but a lot of the videos out show that it's very reactive to the lighting as far as its tone.
IMG_4145.jpeg

Some Macros of the Capacitive button for you from the Silicon, then the Lumen...pretty visible dot touch points.
IMG_4150.jpeg
IMG_4151.jpeg

Last are several shots of the Denim Silicon case with my AppleWallets...So happy with the Denim!

IMG_4146.jpeg
IMG_4147.jpeg
IMG_4148.jpeg

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015
Is Otterbox Lumen only available on the Apple website? :confused:

LE: They have them on their website also.
LE: Not for the 16series unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: tstephens0518

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019

GS7pBUp.jpeg

GLBYY84.jpeg

The case does look nice. I will still bite even with the cutout as they’re not atrocious like I’ve seen in some cases. Maybe down the road they’ll come out with a revised version. If Apple has done it, it’s possible for these companies to get it done.

Reactions: thatappleguytoday

Squillace

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2016
Switzerland
I'm gonna order the 16 Pro Max and as usual I want a minimalistic case.
Just found one that might suit me: the Bare case.

The_Bare_Case_-_Thinnest_Clear_MagSafe_Case_for_iPhone_16_Pro_Max.jpg

Any feedback from this brand?

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015
I'm gonna order the 16 Pro Max and as usual I want a minimalistic case.
Just found one that might suit me: the Bare case.

The_Bare_Case_-_Thinnest_Clear_MagSafe_Case_for_iPhone_16_Pro_Max.jpg

Any feedback from this brand?
Well-known brand, I'm also waiting for them to release the Skin version. That's the leather case from Bare.

Reactions: Squillace

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
The case does look nice. I will still bite even with the cutout as they’re not atrocious like I’ve seen in some cases. Maybe down the road they’ll come out with a revised version. If Apple has done it, it’s possible for these companies to get it done.

I agree. Especially with the updated floating metal buttons Caudabe has made, I have high hopes for the case.

Reactions: JBlass421

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
Apple are smart, get everyone sucked in with the capture button, then the only ones with a case with a button that makes it work as good as no case.
Cash register is working overtime, $79AUD a pop for their $5 made it china case haha.

So far I would get the Grey with black max lol

• Haha
Reactions: Boardiesboi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.