Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Black & Gray silicone cases in today ;) My black looks a little janky on the edge of the capture button :(
Sure don't feel like returning it........

as01.jpg
as02.jpg
as03.jpg
as04.jpg
as05.jpg

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
Am I crazy for wanting to pair star fruit yellow with Desert Ti, or should I go with denim for the safe bet

FranApple

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2020
Otterbox getting no money from me this year.

Me neither. Apple is also never getting money from me for their cases.

I’m fine with the cutouts as long as it’s not huge like the OtterBox. I don’t even think I’m going to use the button much. Muscle memory already ingrained for using the camera app.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Ok that's ugly. So is the concern this ugly design would function better but look worse so no one is happy really?
I can’t speak for others, but to my eye the cutouts pretty badly degrade the aesthetics of most of the cases I’ve seen. Because few to none of these third-party manufacturers had an actual iPhone 16 available to test their designs, cutouts were probably inevitable, but I’m hoping once the phone is released we’ll see at least some cases updated with a capacitive button in place of the cutout. I’ll be limiting myself to Apple cases until then.

Last edited:

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Not natural??
i was answering for @Hooterville after knowing him for a few years here on the forum. i had plans to preorder the natural last year but had trouble with the app on preorder day and i wasn’t going to get it for a couple of weeks and ended up picking up a blue one in store day after launch. my preorder setup is again for the natural. hopefully apple worked out the bottleneck from last year.

Reactions: Hooterville

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
i was answering for @Hooterville after knowing him for a few years here on the forum. i had plans to preorder the natural last year but had trouble with the app on preorder day and i wasn’t going to get it for a couple of weeks and ended up picking up a blue one in store day after launch. my preorder setup is again for the natural. hopefully apple worked out the bottleneck from last year.
I had natural sold it for blue

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Ok that's ugly. So is the concern this ugly design would function better but look worse so no one is happy really?
1726104808886.png

This Pitaka case has a cutout for the camera control but it doesn’t bother me at all since the case already has cutouts for the other buttons. On that Otterbox case it looks really bad though.

Reactions: Zensō

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008
I'm gonna order the 16 Pro Max and as usual I want a minimalistic case.
Just found one that might suit me: the Bare case.

Any feedback from this brand?
My friend bought this Bare case for his 15 Pro, he dropped his iPhone and the back glass shattered. I'd get something with more protection.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.