Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

basqarl

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
Does anyone know??? Will the Otterbox Lumens case cover for the capacitive touch button operate as well as the one on the Apple silicone cases?

Last edited:

basqarl

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
IPhone cases compatible with wrist lanyard?

Does anyone use a wrist lanyard with your iPhone case, and if so, which case best accommodated it? I have used one for the past few years- it is especially helpful when traveling and shooting photos in precarious situations. It worked best with my Otterbox Defender and Commuter styles. If so, where do you attach it to your iPhone case? I will be using one yet again with my new iPhone 16PM. I just ordered the Lumens case and hope that I will be able to string the lanyard between the speaker and charging ports.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
IPhone cases compatible with wrist lanyard?

Does anyone use a wrist lanyard with your iPhone case, and if so, which case best accommodated it? I have used one for the past few years- it is especially helpful when traveling and shooting photos in precarious situations. It worked best with my Otterbox Defender and Commuter styles. If so, where do you attach it to your iPhone case? I will be using one yet again with my new iPhone 16PM. I just ordered the Lumens case and hope that I will be able to string the lanyard between the speaker and charging ports.
Bellroy has a new case with built in attachment for a lanyard. Coming out in 4 weeks

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
So I’m getting the Lumen and Desert Titanium. I need someone to tell me what color to get. I love pink and I think the pink looks awesome, but I’m not sure it would look good with Desert. I also like the green and I feel like it would go best with Desert. But pink :( I’m so torn. I think I’m reluctantly leaning toward green.

I’m going to order tomorrow after I put my preorder through. I don’t want to spend the money on a case and have something catastrophic happen and not be able to get the phone 😅

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Is anyone getting a case from Nomad?

Like the Nomad Sport case?
Yes but probably a Modern Leather. Just trying to decide whether to get a cheaper case and wait out any future case from them that includes a capacitive CC button. I would otherwise be one and done with a Nomad leather until my next phone.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Are these the same cases, or does the bottom case have a black border?
It's the same case. Depending on the angle, the edge is a translucent green but can look a little darker. Even this shot of the camera button from the inside made the border look like a black-green.
IMG_4151.jpeg

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Another well detailed Apple case review from Zollotech

As much as I would rather buy a Caudabe case, the big thing here that Apple has done that Zollotech illustrates nicely is the camera control button overlay.

I am very suspicious of any case with a simple cutout. If the cutout is raised too much it could affect performance.

Reactions: ryansebiz

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Does anyone know??? Will the Otterbox Lumens case cover for the capacitive touch button operate as well as the one on the Apple silicone cases?
The Otterbox Lumen cases have a covered button. They're sold exclusively at Apple and Otterbox, so they must've had some collaboration on it.

Reactions: Zensō

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Why are some opposed to the cutout? If it's chamfered and looks well done, I do not see the harm in that. For my needs that is....curious to know why those not feeling it.
I am with you here. Obviously subjective, but I don't see it a big deal at all. So what if there is a button cutout, we had the damn mute toggle switch on cases exposed for years. Its going to take some time for case makers to catch up now that they will have the device in hand. There are some brands that "should" be going back to the drawing board to clean their cutouts up from what's available now.

chibamac

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
Okay so I'm just torn this year.
Normally I order Mous Limitless. While offering great drop protection, the sides are rounded off. This is huge for me as it improves handling over the bare iPhone's sharp corners. The majority of cases just follow those sharp corners which doesn't improve handling the way Mous cases do. So I was just about to order their Limitless 6.0 when i realized the way I hold my current 14 Pro max. It's directly where that cutout is. This would probably annoy the 💩 out of me. Is it a deal breaker? Yes. There's no perfect case RN, not even close! I may reluctantly get Apple's silicone but don't expect drop protection, protruding lip, or even the buttons to be anywhere close to the Mous case. The only upside is no cutout. :mad:

Reactions: ryansebiz

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
For anyone interested, Mujjo cases are available on amazon now with %20 off coupon, don't order from the website.

vine-boating

macrumors 68010
Aug 10, 2017
I got the new stone sport case coming soon and also got the watch bands with the black titanium hardware rolling in too...figured that stone would look clean with the black phone, plus maybe once its sold out, it won't come back like white didn't last year
The Sport is a decent case
The annoying thing about the new one is that there capture button is open and not covered!

Jay-Jacob

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2015
England
I ordered RhinoShield Crash Guard and picture didn't show edges so couldn't see if cut out or button. I have found full case of RhinoShield on Instagram that shows cutout so I assuming Crash Guard and Mod NX will be same.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Yes but probably a Modern Leather. Just trying to decide whether to get a cheaper case and wait out any future case from them that includes a capacitive CC button. I would otherwise be one and done with a Nomad leather until my next phone.

My Modern Leather arrives on Saturday.

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
This is the one I bought for that same reason. More up front, but if it's as nice as it looks, it's worth it. Plus, they did a product video where they changed a lot from the Clarity 2.0. I didn't have that either, but it seems like a lot of the largest criticisms (thicker, not much camera protection, glossy and slippery) were addressed in the 3.0.
Bad news. The Clarity 3.0 scratches as easy as dBrands dreadful Ghost Case. I asked for a return. Not going to pay 60 EUR for this.

IMG_6764.jpeg

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Good to see you too! I see you’re going Black this year, nice! Natural for me this year. It’ll be a good switch up from Blue for me. Looking forward to seeing the combos.
How’d you end up liking the blue overall? I think I initially would’ve liked the color, but after the honeymoon phase was over, I wouldn’t have liked it as much, but regardless I think you’ll love the natural! I loved my white 15 PM but going back to black this year, can’t wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.