Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Last edited:

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
There’s a sticky thread for cases every year. When someone starts a duplicate thread you often end up with cross posting to multiple threads on the same topic and it becomes a headache to keep track of the discussions. Fortunately, the mods are great and usually merge the threads into the main sticky, which is what they did here.
i understand that. my understanding from what i read is another poster started one first and instead of merging the later (this) thread into his.... the earlier on got merged into the newer thread. that's what i meant by playing favorites.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I've gotten my Apple Silicon Case Warranty replaced by the Apple Store. It can be done as long as the defect isn't the result of a drop or some super obvious mutilation to the case.

The only nit was that Apple Store can't grab a case off the shelf and just give it to you. I had to go in, show the case to them, they agree to Warranty it. Then Apple puts in a request for a replacement case (from a different stock pile). I had to come back maybe a week later and get my replacement (kept the old one until then). I think I had to turn in the old case, too.
mine was definitely from a drop... in hind site should have warrantied hubby's peeling one!

Reactions: julit0

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
More pics later.

IMG_2568.jpeg

Placehold5894

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2022
I need idea's for a case this year for an iPhone 16 Pro must be tough/rugged as I work outdoors. I usually go with the otterbox defender series but this year the case looks like dogsh1t with the camera button completely notched out.
1726077178142.png

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I bought from Apple right after the event on Monday.

Anyone else with a Pro Max silicone case can comment on the inside if it looks like mine or if it shows a ring and the wording?

Mine from Apple has no magsafe imprint on the inner case and also the wording looks like it was partially stamped only:
Must just be a slight manufacturing defect. It’s not something that would bother me, if the magnets were there

psp123

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2015
Is the black silicone case actually black or more blue like it was for the 15 series?

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007

Looking forward to the pics

Can you do a side-by-side of the DENIM vs. ULTRAMARINE as they are both blue colors and the two I am most torn on deciding between?

Natural light photos would be appreciated, but you present whatever you have the time to do.

Thank you for doing this.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I need idea's for a case this year for an iPhone 16 Pro must be tough/rugged as I work outdoors. I usually go with the otterbox defender series but this year the case looks like dogsh1t with the camera button completely notched out. View attachment 2415986
Maybe the Phone Rebel Gen 6? It has a cutout, but only on the side, still has a lip above the CC button. In years past it has fared well in extreme drop tests.

IMG_2187.jpeg

basqarl

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2007
What do you think about this Otterbox case? I’m thinking about it: Otterbox Defender Series Pro XT for MagSafe. Is it overkill?

Attachments

• IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.