Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
I LOVE the gray. A lot more than I thought I would!! Have two delivering today and an ultramarine for my son. Can’t wait!

It's a tough choice. I am getting a black phone and not sure whether gray or ultramarine will compliment it the best

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
bottom cut out is a deal breaker for me
They offer closed option as well. Check the site.

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008
Out of all the leather cases everyone is familiar with, which one is the closest to the apple leather cases with clicky buttons and not so thick design?
Definitely Ryan London. It has a closed bottom and my 14 Pro case from them looks perfect after two years.

I've seen Bullstrap mentioned, but Ryan London doesn't have an ugly bull logo on the back and is $17 less. Ryan London ships mid-September, Bullstrap doesn't ship until November 5.

https://ryanlondon.com/products/iphone-16-pro-leather-shell-case-metal-magsafe-black

David1986H

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
Both of my iPhone 16PM cases and screen protectors arrived this morning. All I need now is the actual iPhone to use them on lol.

They both came with a USB C cable as well

mikext

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Definitely Ryan London. It has a closed bottom and my 14 Pro case from them looks perfect after two years.

I've seen Bullstrap mentioned, but Ryan London doesn't have an ugly bull logo on the back and is $17 less. Ryan London ships mid-September, Bullstrap doesn't ship until November 5.

https://ryanlondon.com/products/iphone-16-pro-leather-shell-case-metal-magsafe-black
Sadly, the closed-bottom Ryan London case isn't as good of quality as the open-bottom one. The open-bottom RL has been my favorite leather case I've tried along with the LuckyCoin.

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009

I'm interested but only 3 colors? I'd love that case in their avocado green that they have for their sleeves..

David1986H

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
Iv put them all away now but here's the pics from amazon... Cases are silicone from Surphy. Iv used the same ones for 2 years on my 14 plus

71-X-nvl9RL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71lIeHQGA2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

719zHZ2dqzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Both of my iPhone 16PM cases and screen protectors arrived this morning. All I need now is the actual iPhone to use them on lol.

They both came with a USB C cable as well
My black Apple pro max silicone case is out for delivery too. I’m surprised they let them out early. It was supposed to arrive Friday.

Reactions: David1986H

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
i'll go with Denim (Ultramarine is too strong)...gold and blue looks very nice in my eyes together.
Seems that google and chatgpt agree:

Blue and gold are a classic and elegant color combination that works well together in various settings, from interior design to fashion. The reason these colors complement each other lies in their contrasting qualities:

Blue is a cool, calming color that evokes feelings of tranquility and stability.

Gold is a warm, vibrant, and luxurious color, associated with wealth and sophistication.

When paired, the coolness of blue tones down the intensity of gold, while the richness of gold adds warmth and elegance to blue, creating a balanced and visually appealing contrast. Whether you’re designing a room, a logo, or an outfit, blue and gold can be a striking and harmonious duo
Good call, I think I’ll go with Denim instead of black

Reactions: kvlq

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains

Good grief that website is exhausting to use, why is everything 200% zoomed

Agree with @CooKieMoNs7eR though, we need more green leather cases.

Reactions: dbagg and mikext

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Good grief that website is exhausting to use, why is everything 200% zoomed

Agree with @CooKieMoNs7eR though, we need more green leather cases.
Well, crap. Nomad had a really interesting limited edition green leather case but I guess it really was limited because I don't see it as an option anymore. That was top of my list if I was going to do a cutout.

Edit: Oh wait, it's a separate Horween leather option: https://nomadgoods.com/products/modern-leather-case-green-chrome-horween-iphone-16-pro

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Well, crap. Nomad had a really interesting limited edition green leather case but I guess it really was limited because I don't see it as an option anymore. That was top of my list if I was going to do a cutout.

Edit: Oh wait, it's a separate Horween leather option: https://nomadgoods.com/products/modern-leather-case-green-chrome-horween-iphone-16-pro

MLC_Green_Pro.jpg
This one? Horween only it appears https://nomadgoods.com/products/modern-leather-case-green-chrome-horween-iphone-16-pro

David1986H

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
I just took an older silicone case out from its box that was in a draw and it looks like it had moisture on it or it's been sweating/melting. Nothing else was touching it. Do they need to breath out in the open or something?

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
The Beats cases and clear case are both made out of the same hardshell polycarbonate material, which makes me wonder whether it's the material's structural properties that necessitate an open bottom rather than a deliberate design choice
Yes. The same is true for some aramid cases and some leather cases that use a poly frame.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
For leather, the TORO cases look decent and are priced well. My concern is the action button cutout and how well it will work with the touch functionality

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
I normally like a full leather case like the Bare Skin I have on my 15PM.
But this year because of the button I think I’ll try the Nomad Modern. I think it should work well with the button cutout.
I also have a Lonli Edition and a Rumwot??? On order just to try a few different ones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.