Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Which to choose for a Titanum Black phone.
Both cases are really nice so hard to decide View attachment 2415743
The Grey will look great with black.

Also the Plum just came so a couple of quick pics.
Love this colour and will also look great with the black phone. Always liked the Apple silicone but can't help but want a little more lip. Fine without a screen protector but who's that crazy, lol.

IMG_6851.jpeg

IMG_6852.jpeg

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Loved this case last year so ordered again!

Nice case. Does it have the required touch sensor over the camera control button? Did not see that indicated.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Its got a cutout

Okay. I'm still trying to figure this out -- is that enough?

I'm still new to all of this but as I had previously explained, there are warnings that cases need to be redesigned to have an overlay that better communicates finger gestures.

I would think a cutout to a button would do that, but at the same time, all the cases will have that cutout and CNET has been warning about most of the cases not being compatible.

Just trying to figure this out

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009

I'm still new to all of this but as I had previously explained, there are warnings that cases need to be redesigned to have an overlay that better communicates finger gestures.

I would think a cutout to a button would do that, but at the same time, all the cases will have that cutout and CNET has been warning about most of the cases not being compatible.

Rule of thumb (for now), just go with any case that is sold at apple.com

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

Cutouts should work fine, they’re just ugly (IMO).

HouseLannister

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2021

Why haven't more companies done something like this? I was buying dbrand skins to keep the back from getting scuffed, but this is so much cooler. I hope it works well.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Bought a silicone case in the Lake Green-color with delivery tomorrow. I went with it because of the camera control button. The norwegian Apple.com site actually calls the case color for Blue Green (blågrønn), and I've read someone mention that's it's green with a hint of blue in it so that probably makes sense.

I hope someone releases a proper leather case with a camera control button as the official cases have, but I guess it will take some time before a case like that will be available.
It’s basically teal. Completely different to what’s pictured by Apple. I’ve returned mine

Reactions: Sal09

Hedo

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2016
It’s basically teal. Completely different to what’s pictured by Apple. I’ve returned mine
I see, teal doesn't sound so bad but I miss a color option like Forest Green which were my favorite style of green from an Apple case.

I just took another look at the color options on the Apple site but there's not really another one that speaks to me. Ultramarine looks fun but it's a bit "flashy" for me, I can live with Stone Gray, Denim or Black but they seem a bit boring, while none of the other colors are tempting.

Reactions: sammjordan

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Going with the desert color not sure what 2 silicone cases to go with . I’m considering the gray and either black , denim or make green …what’s everyone’s opinion?

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
Out of all the leather cases everyone is familiar with, which one is the closest to the apple leather cases with clicky buttons and not so thick design?

Reactions: Lyn2012

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
For years before the 13 I always bought The Sheath without even thinking about it. But when the 13 came out I tried the Apple leather case and I was absolutely hooked on leather. Just the right amount of grip without any of the lint. Then the 15 came out and I had to find a replacement leather case. I finally settled on Bare Skin. It's not perfect and it seems as though they aren't even announcing the Skin for the 16 yet.
So reading this ENTIRE thread I am looking at:

Nomad Modern Leather - I think I might like the combo TPU/Leather but not sure. So far this is my #1
Alma Alcantara Back Wrap - Same as above.
Lonli Edition - I used this for a while on my 15PM until it got too beat up. I HATE the style of cutout for the 16.
Rumwot (Amazon find) - Looks ok who knows. I ordered it along with the rest.
I also ordered a Benks and a Torres just to see if I want to try a non leather case.

I doubt I'll go back to Caudabe the material just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I'll have to see if they have a new case that is radically different on Friday.
Okay, you and I clearly have similar taste so I'll have to look at what you've listed here. I'd do a Nomad Modern in a heartbeat (liking that "limited edition" green too) if I could get comfortable with the cutout but my current plan is to get something cheaper (leaning toward a Torras) and wait Nomad out a bit.

I have an Apple leather case on my iPhone 13 and have really liked it but it's falling apart all over the place, especially at the bottom. I never conditioned it, unlike my prior Nomad leather case, so maybe that's partially on me.

EDIT: Oooh, Alma has an orange version of that Alcantara back wrap...tempting!
iPhoneBackWrappedMainImage-Orange.jpg

Reactions: HouseLannister

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015
Going with the desert color not sure what 2 silicone cases to go with . I’m considering the gray and either black , denim or make green …what’s everyone’s opinion?
i'll go with Denim (Ultramarine is too strong)...gold and blue looks very nice in my eyes together.
Seems that google and chatgpt agree:

Blue and gold are a classic and elegant color combination that works well together in various settings, from interior design to fashion. The reason these colors complement each other lies in their contrasting qualities:

Blue is a cool, calming color that evokes feelings of tranquility and stability.

Gold is a warm, vibrant, and luxurious color, associated with wealth and sophistication.

When paired, the coolness of blue tones down the intensity of gold, while the richness of gold adds warmth and elegance to blue, creating a balanced and visually appealing contrast. Whether you’re designing a room, a logo, or an outfit, blue and gold can be a striking and harmonious duo

Reactions: Benito

mikext

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Out of all the leather cases everyone is familiar with, which one is the closest to the apple leather cases with clicky buttons and not so thick design?
LuckyCoin is on the thinner side and the buttons are clicky. None are close to being as thin as Apple's leather cases. AliExpress has fake Apple branded Leather Cases for the 15 Pro and probably will make them for the 16 Pro but I've never owned one.

kvlq

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2015
LuckyCoin is on the thinner side and the buttons are clicky. None are close to being as thin as Apple's leather cases. AliExpress has fake Apple branded Leather Cases for the 15 Pro and probably will make them for the 16 Pro but I've never owned one.
Unfortunately can't find any LuckyCoin leather case for 16series yet. :(

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
If you want quality leather with an excellent warranTy, Bullstrap is the way to go.

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
If you want quality leather with an excellent warranTy, Bullstrap is the way to go.
bottom cut out is a deal breaker for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.