Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Otterbox Lumen has the button cover?
I think so, but I'll know more in a day or two. Pictures on otter box's site show the edge whereas Apple does not. The blurb on the Apple store says it "...supports seamless interaction with Camera Control." Similar to how Apple described their silicon case.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 5.13.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 5.16.56 PM.png

Edit - Just seeing too that Apple Store's prices are $20 CHEAPER than Otterbox. Pretty odd.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Speck Presidio 2 Grip has the cutout, but I like the chamfer on it and that it has a lip on the screen side. I think I'd actually prefer the button recessed like that so I'm not accidentally tapping it all the time.

View attachment 2415380
I think Benks did a good job on their chamfer as well.The thinness of the case also doesn't make the hole look as chunky as the bulkier / heavier cases.
IMG_4125.jpeg
IMG_0134.jpeg

Last edited:

soundwarp

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2009
I’m torn, I kinda want the silicon case but do they really break down over time? Like do they fall apart easily?

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Got these two coming Thursday, honestly gonna be a hard choice, even having the Spigen Enzo on my 15 Pro currently.

1726021247630.png
1726021332345.png

Also, y'all are letting camera button cutouts live rent-free in your heads, chill.

Reactions: Pug72

i007

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Tri-State
The last few phones, the silicone cases held up great for me. The older ones would become shiny over time. Plus they are very lightweight and feel great with the titanium phone
^This. I usually go with the Apple silicone case and end up going through 2-3 of them each year. This cycle, however, I still have the clay going strong since day 1 release of the iPhone 15 Pro Max. First year I've never bought more than one case. I consider this a win 😆

Reactions: Boardiesboi

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
For years before the 13 I always bought The Sheath without even thinking about it. But when the 13 came out I tried the Apple leather case and I was absolutely hooked on leather. Just the right amount of grip without any of the lint. Then the 15 came out and I had to find a replacement leather case. I finally settled on Bare Skin. It's not perfect and it seems as though they aren't even announcing the Skin for the 16 yet.
So reading this ENTIRE thread I am looking at:

Nomad Modern Leather - I think I might like the combo TPU/Leather but not sure. So far this is my #1
Alma Alcantara Back Wrap - Same as above.
Lonli Edition - I used this for a while on my 15PM until it got too beat up. I HATE the style of cutout for the 16.
Rumwot (Amazon find) - Looks ok who knows. I ordered it along with the rest.
I also ordered a Benks and a Torres just to see if I want to try a non leather case.

I doubt I'll go back to Caudabe the material just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I'll have to see if they have a new case that is radically different on Friday.

pcmike

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
Its a HOLE finally confirmed. But it looks far better than other brands.
View attachment 2415424
That’s a real bummer. Guess I’ll be getting the Apple Silicone Ultramarine for my Black 16P (going back to a ”regular” size phone this year considering they’re feature parity). Also just ordered the amFilm screen protector off amazon which I’ve enjoyed this year.

Reactions: darrinS

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
That’s a real bummer. Guess I’ll be getting the Apple Silicone Ultramarine for my Black 16P (going back to a ”regular” size phone this year considering they’re feature parity). Also just ordered the amFilm screen protector off amazon which I’ve enjoyed this year.

Same Apple case for me

Are film screen protectors necessary anymore? I have had a few significant drops with my prior iPhones but the case always protected the glass and Apple is using much harder surface materials for its display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.