Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
For leather, the TORO cases look decent and are priced well. My concern is the action button cutout and how well it will work with the touch functionality
Last year, their brown ones looked very good but they used a different leather for their black and blue onces which was really nasty and 'papery'

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
More shots please! I’ve been dying to see live pics of this color
A few pics outside in natural light…

IMG_6244.jpeg

IMG_6233.jpeg

IMG_6241.jpeg

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Sal09 has been setting up these threads each year since at least the IP13, if not longer. You’re of course welcome to start any thread you’d like, but from my perspective there’s nothing rude or personal about continuing what has already been established for years. If you wanted to take over the responsibility, perhaps you could have contacted Sal09 directly to express your desire.
what's to be responsible about? you post a thread and people post!

i clicked to get ideas for cases and realized this post was actually made weeks before the new phone was even officially announced.... so seems to me it's a "favorites" thing! same with the preorder threads that are started days before preorder starts.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
what's to be responsible about? you post a thread and people post!

i clicked to get ideas for cases and realized this post was actually made weeks before the new phone was even officially announced.... so seems to me it's a "favorites" thing! same with the preorder threads that are started days before preorder starts.
There’s a sticky thread for cases every year. When someone starts a duplicate thread you often end up with cross posting to multiple threads on the same topic and it becomes a headache to keep track of the discussions. Fortunately, the mods are great and usually merge the threads into the main sticky, which is what they did here.

Reactions: HouseofG

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I have ordered the Fuchsia silicone case and the pink Otterbox Lumen for my desert titanium pro max.
those are the 2 i'm thinking of getting! i need one for the house (apple) and one for when i leave the house that can collect all the stink from out there (otterbox).

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Nice choice! I am still tempted to get the pink 16 plus over the Pro. Pink is my favourite colour. Just wish the pros came in pretty colours :(
right! i WANT the pro features and i need the 1TB this year since i'm almost out of storage (and don't want to offload anything). and i want a pink phone! at least i can have a pink case!

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2009
i'll go with Denim (Ultramarine is too strong)...gold and blue looks very nice in my eyes together.
Seems that google and chatgpt agree:

Blue and gold are a classic and elegant color combination that works well together in various settings, from interior design to fashion. The reason these colors complement each other lies in their contrasting qualities:

Blue is a cool, calming color that evokes feelings of tranquility and stability.

Gold is a warm, vibrant, and luxurious color, associated with wealth and sophistication.

When paired, the coolness of blue tones down the intensity of gold, while the richness of gold adds warmth and elegance to blue, creating a balanced and visually appealing contrast. Whether you’re designing a room, a logo, or an outfit, blue and gold can be a striking and harmonious duo
Agreed. Gold and Blue are a beautiful combo.

Reactions: kvlq

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, that UM one looks fake??
Did you purchase direct from Apple? The lack of an imprint makes me wonder if it’s a counterfeit…
I bought from Apple right after the event on Monday.

Anyone else with a Pro Max silicone case can comment on the inside if it looks like mine or if it shows a ring and the wording?

Mine from Apple has no magsafe imprint on the inner case and also the wording looks like it was partially stamped only:

PXL_20240911_020216286.jpg

Last edited:

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego

Attachments

• IMG_1852.jpeg
    IMG_1852.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 42

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I think so, but I'll know more in a day or two. Pictures on otter box's site show the edge whereas Apple does not. The blurb on the Apple store says it "...supports seamless interaction with Camera Control." Similar to how Apple described their silicon case.

View attachment 2415595
View attachment 2415596

Edit - Just seeing too that Apple Store's prices are $20 CHEAPER than Otterbox. Pretty odd.
and another 10% on top of that with the vet store!

Reactions: julit0

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I’m torn, I kinda want the silicon case but do they really break down over time? Like do they fall apart easily?
i had to replace mine once in the last 3 years for my 13PM (and sam with hubby for his 13). his started peeling and mind got cracked on the corner where I dropped it once. the newest one i bought last year when i decided to not get a 15 still looks new... and it's the pastel pink!

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Do they still get dirty as easily though? That’s my other issue ughh
if they do.... they clean up nicely. my pastel pink rarely gets dirty and if it does i just wipe it with vodka (yes... really.... i clean with vodka! lol!) or Whoosh. mine looks brand new and the current one is a year old.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I’m torn, I kinda want the silicon case but do they really break down over time? Like do they fall apart easily?
i had to replace mine once in the last 3 years for my 13PM (and sam with hubby for his 13). his started peeling and mind got cracked on the corner where I dropped it once. the newest one i bought last year when i decided to not get a 15 still looks new... and it's the pastel pink!
I've gotten my Apple Silicon Case Warranty replaced by the Apple Store. It can be done as long as the defect isn't the result of a drop or some super obvious mutilation to the case.

The only nit was that Apple Store can't grab a case off the shelf and just give it to you. I had to go in, show the case to them, they agree to Warranty it. Then Apple puts in a request for a replacement case (from a different stock pile). I had to come back maybe a week later and get my replacement (kept the old one until then). I think I had to turn in the old case, too.

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
Reactions: Pug72

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
I bought from Apple right after the event on Monday.

Anyone else with a Pro Max silicone case can comment on the inside if it looks like mine or if it shows a ring and the wording?

Mine from Apple has no magsafe imprint on the inner case and also the wording looks like it was partially stamped only:

View attachment 2415965
@BonesNStones Pictures show the Magsafe stamp on the inside. Did you try a magsafe attachment to see if there are magnets embedded?

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
I always go black or the nearest offering with iPhones but those Desert Ti iPhones are going to give great options for case colours. Look forward to seeing photos of cool combos from the 20th onwards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.