Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Spigen Glas-TR screen protectors in today. I've used these on my past 3 iPhones and they have always been perfect. The one on my 15PM is still perfect and it's been on since day one out of the box.

I held this and the Torras together and both protectors are exactly the same dimensions.

I also have the ESR ones on the way and should be here on Monday.

spigen01.jpg

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
I've had the Torras on since day one and it's still flawless so have to go with them again.
Ordered direct as the one on Amazon UK has the orange tray and I believe the clear is the more up to date. Could just be that the pics need updating but didn't want to chance it.
Seems it's coming from China though so if it doesn't arrive by Wednesday/Thursday I'll get a cheapo next day delivery on Amazon to tide me over.

Have a case with the copper rods in the Capture button and it's going back. Feels like I can feel the ends of the copper on the inside and even though the button is sapphire crystal, I don't want that pushing and rubbing on it. Would rather a cut out than a case with that solution.

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
Spigen Glas-TR screen protectors in today. I've used these on my past 3 iPhones and they have always been perfect. The one on my 15PM is still perfect and it's been on since day one out of the box.

I held this and the Torras together and both protectors are exactly the same dimensions.

I also have the ESR ones on the way and should be here on Monday.

View attachment 2417915
My Spigen Glas-TR are already here and waiting for the new phone. I'm currently using them on my 13 Pro and wife's 12, I like that they're so easy to install, always line up perfectly, and hold up well.

They last forever, but the oleophobic coating eventually starts getting less effective (my phone gets dirty a lot and I'll wipe the screen down with whatever I have handy, which probably doesn't help), so I'll occasionally put a fresh one on just for that reason. I don't mind changing them out, it's easy and they're not that expensive.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
FWIW, I ended up trying the Suti on my 15 Pro and absolutely loved it, it was my favourite of the year in the end. It shocked me tbh, ordered on a whim and didn't expect to like it. So much so that I have already pre-ordered the NanoSuede in 'Polar Fleece' and Carbon Fiber versions for my pre-ordered 16 Pro.

View attachment 2417903 View attachment 2417904

The founded Lon is also super responsive on emails etc, had a bit of chat with him. I have absolutely zero affiliation with Suti, but just love the product and loved the customer service.

I also totally appreciate that most on here will think this is absolute sacrilege!! I get that most people want a case that also protects the sides. I'm a little different - I'd always been desperate to use my phone naked but too scared. Every time I swapped cases and held it naked I was reminded how much I love it. I saw this and it made me consider that actually I'm pretty careful with my phone, and that most of the time I'm just setting it down on a desk etc and don't want to scratch the back. So saw this and thought I'd try. So don't anyone shout!! 🤣 I know I'm in the minority!!
Nice, where do they ship from? I want to order that lime green one but it's already backordered.

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Have a case with the copper rods in the Capture button and it's going back. Feels like I can feel the ends of the copper on the inside and even though the button is sapphire crystal, I don't want that pushing and rubbing on it. Would rather a cut out than a case with that solution.
Is that the supcase? Didn't have high hopes for that one.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
My Spigen Glas-TR are already here and waiting for the new phone. I'm currently using them on my 13 Pro and wife's 12, I like that they're so easy to install, always line up perfectly, and hold up well.

They last forever, but the oleophobic coating eventually starts getting less effective (my phone gets dirty a lot and I'll wipe the screen down with whatever I have handy, which probably doesn't help), so I'll occasionally put a fresh one on just for that reason. I don't mind changing them out, it's easy and they're not that expensive.
I used the Spigen screen protectors on my 12PM, but got a great deal on the ESR protectors for my 14PM... Just received my ESR protectors for the 16PM...

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Is that the supcase? Didn't have high hopes for that one.
Yeah, love the look and the sides are sturdy. It's just I don't trust the Camera button and the frosted back is the easy to mark when installing type.
Best frosted cases I've found are the Benks Mist & Torras. Out of those the Benks comes top.

Reactions: HouseofG

SuburbanPauper

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
I’m all ready to go for 09/20 delivery of my 256GB 16 Pro (Black Titanium) with a custom case, screen protector and camera lens protector! Between ESR and Torras screen protectors I’ve never gone wrong — I have a black border Torras screen protector coming soon and will compare/return the other screen protector that won’t look as good. 😌

Attachments

• IMG_7419.jpeg
    IMG_7419.jpeg
    388.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7420.jpeg
    IMG_7420.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Chateaunole-du-Pape

macrumors regular
May 25, 2022
I’m all ready to go for 09/20 delivery of my 256GB 16 Pro (Black Titanium) with a custom case, screen protector and camera lens protector!
Good deal. The camera lens protector, however, seems unnecessary - in 15+ years of smartphone ownership, I've never suffered a scratched, cracked or otherwise damaged lens, but I suspect that anything you put in front of the lens is likely to have a negative effect on every photo you take. The lenses are made of sapphire crystal and are extremely scratch-resistant, but anything placed in front of them is going to cause at least some amount of distortion.

It's all about tradeoffs, I guess. I, for one, would rather run the extremely slight risk of damage to a lens, but maintain optimal optical quality for my photos. If one lens does somehow get damaged, there are two others that can be used while I await an Applecare+ repair, but once the quality of a photo is compromised because of non-optical-quality glass that's placed in front of the lens, there's no fixing that.

SuburbanPauper

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
Good deal. The camera lens protector, however, seems unnecessary - in 15+ years of smartphone ownership, I've never suffered a scratched, cracked or otherwise damaged lens, but I suspect that anything you put in front of the lens is likely to have a negative effect on every photo you take. The lenses are made of sapphire crystal and are extremely scratch-resistant, but anything placed in front of them is going to cause at least some amount of distortion.

It's all about tradeoffs, I guess. I, for one, would rather run the extremely slight risk of damage to a lens, but maintain optimal optical quality for my photos. If one lens does somehow get damaged, there are two others that can be used while I await an Applecare+ repair, but once the quality of a photo is compromised because of non-optical-quality glass that's placed in front of the lens, there's no fixing that.
Oh I’m aware, it’s more of an OCD thing in my case. If I’m going to spend so much on a piece of tech I use on a daily basis, I want to protect my investment as much as possible within reason. I’ve never had the camera lens protectors affect my camera quality for photos or videos, so I’m sure it’ll be okay. 😁

Reactions: Chateaunole-du-Pape

iSteveo

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2023
I ordered the Beats iphone case. I did not realize that the bottom was open when I ordered it. Then I also saw some pictures someone posted online. I didn’t like what I saw. So I ordered the Apple silicon case. They both came in today and I took a few pictures side by side. The Beats case is glossy and looks “plasticky” to me. I don’t like the glossy shine, plastic feel or the open bottom. I will say though that that the side of the Beats case feels more sturdy than the side of the Apple silicon case. However, I will be returning the Beats case and keep the silicon case for now. As other have posted, maybe some of the other case makers will have the camera button issues worked out soon (That is if there are any issues).

Attachments

• IMG_9336.png
    IMG_9336.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9337.png
    IMG_9337.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9338.png
    IMG_9338.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 56

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
So, I ordered the Mous Limitless 6.0 in Stone, instead of the Clarity 3.0. Much better!
1000000232.jpg

1000000233.jpg

And I also needed a Clear Case. After reading the reviews, I thought the ZAGG Santa Cruz Snap would be a good choice. It feels sturdy, no scratches, so I will give it a go when my iPhone comes in, coming Friday.

1000000234.jpg

1000000235.jpg

1000000237.jpg

I like the grip on the side. I wish Phone Rebel made a clear case this year, but they only offer a frosted one. No idea when they will start selling them.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.