Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
View attachment 2418189

Probably shouldn't have bought a case this early if I am not a fan of the notch cutout. View attachment 2418190
Otterbox Defender Series for 16Pro (14pro in case ONLY for reference showing how much space will be exposed)

View attachment 2418191
The Official Apple silicone cases have a sapphire button instead of a cutout but they aren't as durable.
MYYL3

(Reference) This case works seamlessly with Camera Control. It features a sapphire crystal, coupled to a conductive layer to communicate finger movements to the Camera Control.
The Supcase UB Grip is a heavy duty case with a Camera Control button cover.

jdlnmia

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2017
Reactions: Zensō

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I bought the clear and the clear/gray variants for my incoming White Ti PM 1TB. The camera control button cover has 46 tiny conductors embedded in it and looks exactly like the illustration in the item listing. I’m not too crazy about the rest of the case’s buttons as they are not clicky at all.
One person was concerned that the conductors might scratch the sapphire button on the phone. Does that seem like a possibility? I’d assumed the copper conductors wouldn’t be touching the button directly.

Reactions: Hooterville

jdlnmia

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2017
One person was concerned that the conductors might scratch the sapphire button on the phone. Does that seem like a possibility? I’d assumed the copper conductors wouldn’t be touching the button directly.
It does not appear that the copper conductors are touching the button directly but if it’s sapphire crystal there should be nothing to worry about. Actually, the only reason I want a button cover is to not trigger my OCD :)

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
I’ve always liked the clear from ESR.
another en route from Apple also

View attachment 2417766 View attachment 2417767 View attachment 2417768
This one is good but a bit thicker than the similar Ringke Fusion. I usually don’t use a case because the add such awful bulk over naked.

This year, ESR came out with a thinner variant that is all TPU and I like it more than the usual hard back version:
1726371670165.jpeg

And I won’t buy any case that puts hard plastic directly against the coated metal antenna, so not a fan of Apple’s clear case etc.

Shikaka

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Copper scratches at a level 3 while Sapphire scratches at a level 9. So the iPhone’s camera control shouldn’t get scratched, unless it’s not really sapphire…??? 🤔

Last edited:

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Copper scratches at a level 3 while Sapphire scratches at a level 9. So the iPhone’s camera control shouldn’t get scratched, unless it’s not really sapphire…??? 🤔
i might be totally wrong but i don’t think the button is sapphire. i thought the apple case uses some type of sapphire crystal to pass the capacitance from your finger since it’s not really a button and doesn’t move in or out.

Yuuuki

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2023
Germany
So, I ordered the Mous Limitless 6.0 in Stone, instead of the Clarity 3.0. Much better!
View attachment 2418115
View attachment 2418116

And I also needed a Clear Case. After reading the reviews, I thought the ZAGG Santa Cruz Snap would be a good choice. It feels sturdy, no scratches, so I will give it a go when my iPhone comes in, coming Friday.

View attachment 2418117

View attachment 2418118

View attachment 2418119

I like the grip on the side. I wish Phone Rebel made a clear case this year, but they only offer a frosted one. No idea when they will start selling them.
Is the grip on them really good? I really want a clear case too but I don't want these slippery sides. Considering to order it too. 🤔

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
This one is good but a bit thicker than the similar Ringke Fusion. I usually don’t use a case because the add such awful bulk over naked.

This year, ESR came out with a thinner variant that is all TPU and I like it more than the usual hard back version:
View attachment 2418233

And I won’t buy any case that puts hard plastic directly against the coated metal antenna, so not a fan of Apple’s clear case etc.
Thank you. I did see this before and kept it in the back of my mind. I do have the apple clear case and will try it out and if it doesn’t work out for me, I’ll just have to check it in the drawer somewhere.

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
Finally had the chance to look at Torras cases this afternoon and I must say im impressed at how good they are. These will definitely go into my case rotation.

I would have preferred a button or cover for new Camera Cutout but that has been the story with every other major brands trying to incorporate these new iPhone 16 changes and it might change in future.

Nonetheless these are solid cases with good drop protection and strong magnets especially the non stand versions.

We all know Torras is a solid and trusted brand.

My favourites are the Clear and 360 degrees Stand Case 😍.

IMG_2628.jpeg
IMG_2629.jpeg
IMG_2630.jpeg
IMG_2631.jpeg
IMG_2636.jpeg
IMG_2635.jpeg
IMG_2632.jpeg
IMG_2634.jpeg
IMG_2637.jpeg
IMG_2638.jpeg

Last edited:

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
i might be totally wrong but i don’t think the button is sapphire.

“But the new iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro are introducing a new, dedicated button just for this task. Called the Camera Button, it sits below the power button on the right side of the iPhone’s case, where your SIM card used to go. Covered in sapphire crystal, it’s both touch sensitive for swipes and tactile to allow you to press it like a shutter.“

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I ordered cases and screen protectors from 4 small brands on Friday. All but Caudabe have sent a shipping notice. None have actually shipped but are boxed and ready to go out Monday with tracking. Possible that Caudabe does the same thing Monday but..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.