Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
The Caudabe Sheath I have ordered is likely to be a couple of weeks away due to overseas shipping, so I have ordered this one to tide me over. It’ll do the job for now.

fa8065a3806cef683eba26c849eb03f6.jpg

EclecticGent

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Georgia, USA
Has anyone ever owned a Carved iPhone case? Some really unique designs there but I've never heard of them (Facebook seems to know that I'm shopping for cases, ugh...).

iPhone 16 Pro Live Edge Wood Phone Cases by Carved

719637-iphone-16-pro-live-edge-phone-case.jpg

They also have TPU edge cases:
iPhone 16 Pro Phone Cases - All - Carved
I have had several carved cases in the past-- all of them of the traveller type not live edge. They are heavier than normal polycarbonate/silicone/plastic cases due to the wood/resin. However, you will have a one of one case!

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
the bellroy leather case is pretty nice. ill probably send the bullstrap one and their 'we only want to offer 1 color with a closed bottom and charge double the cost of everyone else' nonsense back.
Is the bottom part by the speaker grill hard plastic? Wondering if it digs into your pinky when resting the phone in one hand.

And how does the button cutout feel? I don’t have much confidence in any of these cutouts.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2010
I ordered the Beats iphone case. I did not realize that the bottom was open when I ordered it. Then I also saw some pictures someone posted online. I didn’t like what I saw. So I ordered the Apple silicon case. They both came in today and I took a few pictures side by side. The Beats case is glossy and looks “plasticky” to me. I don’t like the glossy shine, plastic feel or the open bottom. I will say though that that the side of the Beats case feels more sturdy than the side of the Apple silicon case. However, I will be returning the Beats case and keep the silicon case for now. As other have posted, maybe some of the other case makers will have the camera button issues worked out soon (That is if there are any issues).
Does the Beats one show fingerprints or smudges?

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
So many great case options... I am doing my best to just keep it to one (Pitaka).. though it could be 3..

I need to round up all my cases from my 14PM/15PM and sell then in a lot. There is even a 16PM Enzo in there that is like new..

Marketplace ad coming soon.

Reactions: AlexJ092

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
In my experience, it’s prudent to order either a cheap case or an official Apple case early on, then only consider premium third-party cases once they’ve had time to clean up any design flaws, particularly on a year when a new button is introduced. Just my opinion, some will differ which is fine of course. 😊
I keep repeating this to myself like a mantra but man it's hard to resist!

pcmike

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL
View attachment 2418338 I went to my local Apple store to pick up these cases yesterday. I wanted to see which blue I preferred. Left to right: Otterbox Lumen (Mallard); Lake Green; Denim; Ultramarine.
So which blue do you like? I like how the denim is essentially navy, but I think this year I like the pop of ultramarine. It's a shame Apple never gives the Pro models any splashy colors, so I think something like the ultramarine is a nice way to add a subtle splash of color.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
The late September/early October estimate was only for the new Paragon case.
Caudabe also has "backordered" status on the Celestial Blue colored Synthesis... they did that last year with the crimson cases... not sure if it's a "real" situation, or Caudabe playing games.

And to be fair, they didn't open the sale of the iPhone 16 line until Friday morning. I imagine they're buried in orders at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zensō

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Several of the Caudate cases say they ship in late Sep. or in Oct., whether that's because they sold out of launch supply or aren't ready yet.

And you may know but: Many case makers take orders before the product arrives, as they don't receive official specs from Apple and have to wait for reliable supplier leaks/rumors/CAD files. Very few companies receive information from Apple to help them design cases before launch, and to survive, many of them have no real choice but to have cases ship late.

I would question the "sold out" option, as they didn't go on sale until Friday morning... and at least one case (Celestial Blue Synthesis) is "backordered"... I'm calling BS to be completely honest.

ryansebiz

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008
Do the Apple silicone cases hold up better than they used to? My wife's iPhone 13 silicone case only lasted a few months.

Last edited:

space220

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2023
Atlanta, GA / Orlando, FL
It seems like Otterbox, and possibly Spigen, get at least some pre-release guidance from Apple. Others are on their own for sure. In my experience, it’s prudent to order either a cheap case or an official Apple case early on, then only consider premium third-party cases once they’ve had time to clean up any design flaws, particularly on a year when a new button is introduced. Just my opinion, some will differ which is fine of course. 😊
Hopefully within the next few weeks more and more case manufacturers shift to using the button rather than a cutout - I picked up a black silicone case from Apple today to hold me over for now

Reactions: Zensō

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Honest question: What is the fascination with the clear cases? I get wanting to show off your phone, but the ugly MagSafe thing makes the entire case and phone look bad, IMO. Now many of these "clear" cases will not yellow over time? That's another major turn off for me.

Reactions: wickedrm

CR90

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2022
Apologies if this has been discussed already, but how is the lip on the Apple silicon? Is it decent enough not to need a screen protector? Got the Ultramarine on order but the lake green and denim have me questioning that decision!

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
Honest question: What is the fascination with the clear cases? I get wanting to show off your phone, but the ugly MagSafe thing makes the entire case and phone look bad, IMO. Now many of these "clear" cases will not yellow over time? That's another major turn off for me.
I have an honest question as well. If you purchase a phone in a particular color because you like it, why would you put a solid Colored case on it and hide it? I got a clear case because I like the color of my phone to appear or why else would I purchased a clear case? lol. 🤪

if my clear case turns yellow, which it might, I would just go ahead and buy another case. been there done that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.