Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DougN1

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2012
Has anyone ever owned a Carved iPhone case? Some really unique designs there but I've never heard of them (Facebook seems to know that I'm shopping for cases, ugh...).

iPhone 16 Pro Live Edge Wood Phone Cases by Carved

719637-iphone-16-pro-live-edge-phone-case.jpg

They also have TPU edge cases:
iPhone 16 Pro Phone Cases - All - Carved

Yes, I have one of the “live edge” cases on my current 12P. it’s a nice case, and I may get one for my 16PM as well. Good grip on the sides and nice buttons. Protects well and big benefit is any marks you get in the case from dropping, etc. can be buffed out as its resin/wood. I’ve dropped mine and have done just that.

Reactions: HouseofG

amazingpupil

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2021
Mous offered me a replacement, but ignored my demand for a refund. I have mailed them again. I don't need more scratchy cases. I'm just not going to pay 60 EUR for a product I don't trust.
For sure. And if they offer an exchange instead of a refund, I may take them up on it. I mean, I like the case in theory, haha.

They still haven't gotten back to me though. I ordered a cheap ESR frosted gray case in the meantime. Clock's ticking.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I looked at the Mous cases and they opted for a large cut away for the camera button and this exposes the front frame of the phone. They are getting an absolute pasting on social meda and Youtube for this and I expect their design team is perhaps meeting this morning to see if they can do a redesign. It looks like so many regular customers are unhappy and especially as other manufacturers have managed to incorporate it into the side of the case just fine.
0329d0872e4df660deed9d7199037470.jpg

lostOzone

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2017
I looked at the Mous cases and they opted for a large cut away for the camera button and this exposes the front frame of the phone. They are getting an absolute pasting on social meda and Youtube for this and I expect their design team is perhaps meeting this morning to see if they can do a redesign. It looks like so many regular customers are unhappy and especially as other manufacturers have managed to incorporate it into the side of the case just fine.

This is a lazy design. And it look ugly.
I use their IntraLock mounts so this is wait or switch to back to QuadLock..

Yuuuki

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2023
Germany
Honest question: What is the fascination with the clear cases? I get wanting to show off your phone, but the ugly MagSafe thing makes the entire case and phone look bad, IMO. Now many of these "clear" cases will not yellow over time? That's another major turn off for me.
The same spam as every year. I read this exact question every year. The mag safe ring mages the case even stylish imo. All a matter of taste. If you don't like it just don't buy one. End of story.

Yuuuki

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2023
Germany
Yeah it is horrible. I'm actually having a mous case on my phone right now and wanted to get the same one maybe again. But this huge cutout makes me not buying it.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
Has anyone used Phone Box to sell their phone? I was going to send to Apple but having read some bad reviews about their resale partners I’m now looking elsewhere.

CR90

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2022
Not sure for this year’s model since we don’t have the phones yet, but the iPhone 15 silicone cases have a minor lip even with a screen protector. You should be okay.

The blue tints are solid this year. I really like the Denim and Ultramarine… well and the Lake Green. It’s a tough decision.

View attachment 2418690
Awesome, thanks!
Not sure for this year’s model since we don’t have the phones yet, but the iPhone 15 silicone cases have a minor lip even with a screen protector. You should be okay.

The blue tints are solid this year. I really like the Denim and Ultramarine… well and the Lake Green. It’s a tough decision.

View attachment 2418690
Think I’ll stick with the Ultramarine that’s one order but I can see myself ordering one or two others!

Reactions: EclecticGent

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
Pretty case! I’m curious, since there is virtually no lip, do you lay your phone face down directly on the screen/screen protector, or do you always lay the phone down on its back? Just curious how I might use a case like this. Thanks…
I always put my iPhone down on its back. I have a few scratches on my 15 PM this year so going to try harder to keep my 16 PM pristine

Reactions: Zensō

psp123

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2015
Does anyone know if the black silicone is the exact same color as for the 15 series?
It had a hint of blue that I didn’t like.
Thanks

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
This is really helpful, I am really tempted to grab one for my 16 Pro, I love the idea of naked phone but don't like setting it down places so this is like the ideal setup for me. I do wish it was closer to $25ish because paying the same for it vs like the Caudabe Sheath I have been using on my last few iPhones seems like too much.
Totally get the price thing. In the end I decided it was worth it to me as I get so much more pleasure out of using it feeling a bit more 'naked'.

Reactions: Knowimagination

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Yes, I have one of the “live edge” cases on my current 12P. it’s a nice case, and I may get one for my 16PM as well. Good grip on the sides and nice buttons. Protects well and big benefit is any marks you get in the case from dropping, etc. can be buffed out as its resin/wood. I’ve dropped mine and have done just that.
That's a cool benefit! Thanks for the comments.

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
This is a lazy design. And it look ugly.
I use their IntraLock mounts so this is wait or switch to back to QuadLock..
Still wondering whether these wide open cutouts are because of some theory that you need much more than a little indent (absent an actual button cover) to comfortably and accurately use the CC button.

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
Supcase arrived today. Going to use this till more case makers catch up on the camera button. But will also be going to the apple shop next week to look at the cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.