Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Well guess i be going for good old sheath grey this year for my 16pm. Receive update from pitaka they still refuse to put a protective layer on the metal buttons . Guess i am skipping them again this year.
Curious, have you had the Pitaka buttons scratch your phone? I used a Pitaka Pro on my black 15PM quite a lot last year and didn’t end up with even hairline scratches on the buttons.

Last edited:

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Holy crap, which one were you looking at!? They seem to mostly be about $64. Seriously, can you send the link? I'd love to see a $200 case, haha.
Any of them with the live edges - e.g., below. I think you may be looking at https://www.carved.com/collections/iphone-16-pro-phone-cases here, but you linked the live edge ones originally. 😆

https://www.carved.com/collections/...ive-edge-phone-case-annalise-wood-burl-721048
1726495844772.png

1726495874801.png

1726495900092.png

space220

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2023
Atlanta, GA / Orlando, FL
hey everyone - i'm thinking about getting this case and wallet combo from bellroy. right now, i use a magsafe finewoven wallet and case from apple and really want a good leather case this year. thoughts? (i also have an apple silicone case on order, only because of the camera control button really)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 10.57.33.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 10.57.33.png
    487.8 KB · Views: 20

Advent0903

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2021
Curious, have you had the Pitaka buttons scratch your phone? I used a Pitaka Pro on my black 15PM quite a lot last year and didn’t end up with even hairline scratches on the buttons.
i did not use it on my 15 pm last year, after finding out there is no protective layer sticker On the inside of the buttons , Well i kinda do not want to take the risk. didnt like the idea with bare metal rubbing against metal. And when it does really scratch/ scuff the side of the phone kinda at your own risk . Yes the aluminium is a softer material and Ti is tougher but with friction over time who knows. Guess its subjective on how much you use those buttons i guess ?but thats just me .

i am not sure why pitaka just refuse to include a sticker on the inside For the iphone cases They had it on their s24 ultra cases. I can confirm it as one of my family member is using it .

Last edited:

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
hey everyone - i'm thinking about getting this case and wallet combo from bellroy. right now, i use a magsafe finewoven wallet and case from apple and really want a good leather case this year. thoughts? (i also have an apple silicone case on order, only because of the camera control button really)

Thanks, putting this on my list for consideration (no experience with Bellroy to date), but I'm in the same boat and am resigned to waiting out the CC button situation (and any modifications to these designs to actually cover them) until I spend that amount of money to get my leather version.

Reactions: space220

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA

Thanks, putting this on my list for consideration (no experience with Bellroy to date), but I'm in the same boat and am resigned to waiting out the CC button situation (and any modifications to these designs to actually cover them) until I spend that amount of money to get my leather version.
Bellroy is at the top of my "next buy" list. Heard great things about their customer service and last year, they sent replacement cases with covered Action buttons at no charge (heard 2nd hand).

They are available direct through them, but also on Amazon (at least US). However, you may not get that retroactive case replacement as I mentioned above unless you buy directly from Bellroy.

With 4 solid cases already, gonna wait out the CC button issue as well and use the phone for a while before I commit. Two of my cases have covered buttons by Apple, and two have holes.

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
So is there a protective case with magsafe that covers even the new side button? I saw the SupCase one, any others?

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2018
Nice one mate. Wondering if these accessories manufacturers retool their devices after the new iPhone is released since their tooling is based on those dummy units Apple sends out. Wondering how accurate they are and if they ever get minor revisions after.
I bought Apple’s clear silicone case, as I do with every new iPhone.

I don’t see a point of covering up a nice looking piece of tech. Well, I think it’s a waste to cover up anything beautiful, but that’s another story 👍🏼.

Thanks for your reply.

Reactions: Fred Zed

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
i am not sure why pitaka just refuse to include a sticker on the inside For the iphone cases They had it on their s24 ultra cases. I can confirm it as one of my family member is using it .
They claim it’s not necessary, but it’s certainly up to each individual to decide if they believe it. I took a chance last year and had no issues, but YMMV.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
They claim it’s not necessary, but it’s certainly up to each individual to decide if they believe it. I took a chance last year and had no issues, but YMMV.
I go back and forth on this. This prevented me from buying a Pitaka case last year and may do the same again this year. I also don’t like how their cases only have a 2 month warranty. I’ve never had to make use of a case warranty but for the prices Pitaka charges it just feels wrong to me. Benks offers a similar case and has a 1 year warranty.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I go back and forth on this. This prevented me from buying a Pitaka case last year and may do the same again this year. I also don’t like how their cases only have a 2 month warranty. I’ve never had to make use of a case warranty but for the prices Pitaka charges it just feels wrong to me. Benks offers a similar case and has a 1 year warranty.
On paper the Benks certainly makes more sense, but I’ve owned both and prefer the Pitaka due to what in my opinion is higher build quality.

Reactions: timeconsumer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.