Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justinf77

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2003
Caudabe accidentally sent me a Sheath instead of a Synthesis. I know they'll make it right, and at least I got to see the Sheath as well before possibly having to send it back.

I was team Synthesis last year so now I get to see which one I prefer this year. I couldn't deal with the MagSafe indent on the back of the Sheath last year, it was very noticeable. This new one seems to be way better, I can't see or feel any ring.

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
Late to the thread.....

Someone early on this thread asked about the Moft case.

I bought one as a holdover for the iPhone 15 and never swapped it out, partly because of a busy travel schedule and partly because it was a good case.

I paired it with their stand/wallet, which is good. However, I wish it had Find My. I never had more people ask me about a case when they saw me using it in the wallet or stand mode.

It's not the thinnest case, but my phone survived numerous drops.

For a change of pace, I ordered a Beats case for my iPhone 16, which is more shiny plastic than expected. I also added a new Moft, which seems to attach to the case more magnetically than the one I am currently using.

I also ordered a Caudabe case once I realized how plastic the Beats case is. I just got the shipping information for it.

IMG_2473.JPG
IMG_2418.JPG

sp44

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2006
Just got the Torras 360 Spin case in grey and I’m undecided about it after really liking it in pictures. In reality I don’t think it’s as nice - and it’s VERY slippery as there doesn’t seem to be any texture at all on the sides, just smooth plastic. Not sure how it’s “military grade” tbh but it’s a lot of money for what it is in my opinion.

Has anyone received an Otterbox Lumen and have photos? What do you think of it and does it have any grip?

Thank you
Thanks for posting this, just canceled my order.

Reactions: cratterbury

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
Ok I think I’m leaning more towards the Sheath this year.

New buttons are nice as well on Synthesis.

It has the smoother finish like Sheath’s finish around the front lip (15 series had textured finish on the front lip) I do like this more than last year’s.

Interior design is a bit different, looks more reinforced and a nicer branding placement. I like it more than last year’s as well.

The case is a bit thicker, that I don’t like. It’s feeling a bit bulky to me now. Some people won’t mind that but I don’t care for too bulky cases.

Camera control cutout is well done like on Sheath.

It’s got a very little hump on the bottom of the case across the bottom (15 had little humps on each bottom corners) I like this design more.

The lip is higher than last year’s makes the phone feel like it sits deeper in the case, great for screen protection, nice little touch.

The backplate looks like it’ll scratch very easily, it’s got more of a matte finish than last year’s which looks like it’ll scratch easier. It came with scratches already out the box.

Even with the nice little touches, the bulkier feel and easy to scratch back plate are major downfalls for me. I think the Sheath wins for me this year.

I’ve used my synthesis everyday in my 15 pro and not a single scratch.

Reactions: JBlass421

DJL311

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2020
I noticed Smartish smoothed out the bottom of the Gripmunk and even made the back of the port cutout flush for comfort on the pinky. Seems like welcome additions to the case.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.png
    IMG_0019.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: Hooterville

bbdub

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2022
Ok I think I’m leaning more towards the Sheath this year.

New buttons are nice as well on Synthesis.

It has the smoother finish like Sheath’s finish around the front lip (15 series had textured finish on the front lip) I do like this more than last year’s.

Interior design is a bit different, looks more reinforced and a nicer branding placement. I like it more than last year’s as well.

The case is a bit thicker, that I don’t like. It’s feeling a bit bulky to me now. Some people won’t mind that but I don’t care for too bulky cases.

Camera control cutout is well done like on Sheath.

It’s got a very little hump on the bottom of the case across the bottom (15 had little humps on each bottom corners) I like this design more.

The lip is higher than last year’s makes the phone feel like it sits deeper in the case, great for screen protection, nice little touch.

The backplate looks like it’ll scratch very easily, it’s got more of a matte finish than last year’s which looks like it’ll scratch easier. It came with scratches already out the box.

Even with the nice little touches, the bulkier feel and easy to scratch back plate are major downfalls for me. I think the Sheath wins for me this year.
Great info! Going to get my first Caudabe case this year. Is the grip good on the Sheath? I like the grip on the side of the Synthesis but like everything else about the Sheath. Have not used either case before so I would love your thoughts as I decide which to order.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
[mention]chillip [/mention] Same here. This new one’s back plate is a little more matte. Looks like it’ll scratch easier. I love the Synthesis but the added bulk and more scratch prone back are downfalls, again this is my own opinion. It’s a great case!

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
I noticed Smartish smoothed out the bottom of the Gripmunk and even made the back of the port cutout flush for comfort on the pinky. Seems like welcome additions to the case.
Didn't even realize that. Just looked at my clear back Gripzilla and it has the new smooth bottom.

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
I contacted Mous about my Clarity 3.0 being scratched out the box. They were very kind and are sending me a new one. They didn't SAY anything about sending mine back though, so...
I contacted Mouse a week ago. I had to send it back to the UK, spent 12 EUR on shipping costs. They received it already a few days ago, yet no reply from Mous.

However, I still need to pay their invoice, while I have no product in hand anymore. Comes close to a scam, if you ask me.

• Wow
Reactions: ryansebiz

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
[mention]bbdub [/mention] The grip on the Sheath is great as it is textured all around. Some people have said they find it slippery which I can’t understand why honestly.

I love the dot matrix on the sides of the Synthesis which definitely helps the Synthesis be more grippy as it is in my opinion overall less grippy than Sheath but the dot matrix goes a long way for it.

They are both great cases. This year the Synthesis feels a little more bulky due to its added reinforcements in the case and also I would say the Sheath is more scratch proof.

It all boils down to which design you prefer, I love Caudabe cases in general. You can’t go wrong with either of the two.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
[mention]bbdub [/mention] The grip on the Sheath is great as it is textured all around. Some people have said they find it slippery which I can’t understand why honestly.

I love the dot matrix on the sides of the Synthesis which definitely helps the Synthesis be more grippy as it is in my opinion overall less grippy than Sheath but the dot matrix goes a long way for it.

They are both great cases. This year the Synthesis feels a little more bulky due to its added reinforcements in the case and also I would say the Sheath is more scratch proof.

It all boils down to which design you prefer, I love Caudabe cases in general. You can’t go wrong with either of the two.

I’ve always preferred the look of the Sheath personally. I am not keen of the shape design next to the camera module on the Synthesis and feel it would be a lot sleeker looking without that, but both are decent cases. As you say, it’s a matter of personal taste.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
I’m curious how the Camera Control button covers from other manufacturers perform compared to the same on the Apple cases, so I ordered this Supcase to test. I’ll report back here once I‘ve had a chance to compare it to the Apple Silicone button cover.

View attachment 2421528

I'm curious about this too. Cutouts don't bother me at all, but I wonder if these third party solutions will work as well.

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
I’m really impressed with the Sheath.

The buttons are awesome and the backplate feels more rigid than last year’s, looking like they revised it a bit to avoid the dreaded MagSafe indentation.

The camera control cutout is very comfortable on the finger and doesn’t look intrusive at all.

Caudabe did a great job on this new Sheath. This is my wife’s case, she’s black Sheath every year lol. Got me really considering coming back to Sheath.

On to my Synthesis now….

cc1545c29dc290f30fd46cdedef0883d.jpg

dc24923bf5d87ccd62607446e0fb34ac.jpg

917bfc35155112a345d290e49ebab9e0.jpg

35363f88cd8689cacc7188bdfac46fa7.jpg

This is what's on its way to me tomorrow. Looks phenomenal.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
I ordered the Nomad brown Horween leather magnetic back for my iPhone 16 Pro Max. Both should arrive tomorrow. I wanted it for my iPhone 15PM but they sold out really quickly, so glad I was able to get it in time for the 16PM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.