Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Ordered the shocking orange as well the other day for 16PM. I loathe soft sides though, so now I'm nervous. Did they change the material or something for the 16 series?
That is the issue with the soft sides? I've dropped mine a few times and it protected the phone well.

amazingpupil

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2021
I contacted Mouse a week ago. I had to send it back to the UK, spent 12 EUR on shipping costs. They received it already a few days ago, yet no reply from Mous.

However, I still need to pay their invoice, while I have no product in hand anymore. Comes close to a scam, if you ask me.
Man, I’m sorry you’re having that experience. Yeah, they didn’t ask me to send it back and they have the new one shipped out.

I’m going to try to put this one straight in the case and hope the one I got was just a mistake. Like a first draft situation. Because I really do like that case, so I’m hopeful.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
I ordered the Nomad brown Horween leather magnetic back for my iPhone 16 Pro Max. Both should arrive tomorrow. I wanted it for my iPhone 15PM but they sold out really quickly, so glad I was able to get it in time for the 16PM.
Do you find the magnetic back slips off easily? That "case" is intriguing, but I don't really understand the point of it.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
Do you find the magnetic back slips off easily? That "case" is intriguing, but I don't really understand the point of it.
I won't know until it arrives tomorrow. But given its popularity, I expect that it doesn't slip off easily since it's MagSafe. It's not really for protection; it's more of an accessory. I will also get a case for when I am hiking and active outdoors, but I work from home so my phone is at little risk of damage most of the time. I like the look of it.

Reactions: darrinS

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
I won't know until it arrives tomorrow. But given its popularity, I expect that it doesn't slip off easily since it's MagSafe. It's not really for protection; it's more of an accessory. I will also get a case for when I am hiking and active outdoors, but I work from home so my phone is at little risk of damage most of the time. I like the look of it.
I’ve been using the magnetic back for about 5-6 months now and it’s excellent except for the flimsy plastic camera surround.

Reactions: cwosigns

AnJarBo

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2014
Ok I think I’m leaning more towards the Sheath this year.

New buttons are nice as well on Synthesis.

It has the smoother finish like Sheath’s finish around the front lip (15 series had textured finish on the front lip) I do like this more than last year’s.

Interior design is a bit different, looks more reinforced and a nicer branding placement. I like it more than last year’s as well.

The case is a bit thicker, that I don’t like. It’s feeling a bit bulky to me now. Some people won’t mind that but I don’t care for too bulky cases.

Camera control cutout is well done like on Sheath.

It’s got a very little hump on the bottom of the case across the bottom (15 had little humps on each bottom corners) I like this design more.

The lip is higher than last year’s makes the phone feel like it sits deeper in the case, great for screen protection, nice little touch.

The backplate looks like it’ll scratch very easily, it’s got more of a matte finish than last year’s which looks like it’ll scratch easier. It came with scratches already out the box.

Even with the nice little touches, the bulkier feel and easy to scratch back plate are major downfalls for me. I think the Sheath wins for me this year.
Which of the two is thinner this year? The Sheath or the Synthesis?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Never heard of this Prodigee brand before. This model seems to check off 9/10 must haves for me. Metagamers code gives 30% off. Free shipping and no sales tax for me.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Lake green is gorgeous in direct sunlight

Sunset purple is probably going back as there is a tiny dent in it already. Didn’t even have anything sharp in pocket or the table…

IMG_0306.jpeg
IMG_0307.jpeg
IMG_0304.jpeg
IMG_0305.jpeg

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
I’ve been using the magnetic back for about 5-6 months now and it’s excellent except for the flimsy plastic camera surround.
i ordered a back from suti. they claim the back is firm around the camera. i’ll report back when i get it.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2023
Hi Mate. I’m from Australia and we have a Tech store chain called JB Hi-Fi. I got it from there because I wanted to see how it was before purchasing. Otherwise it’s available on their website. Doubt they will be on any sales as they just released these.
Always find their cases sharp where leather meets plastic on edges, sama again?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I contacted Mouse a week ago. I had to send it back to the UK, spent 12 EUR on shipping costs. They received it already a few days ago, yet no reply from Mous.

However, I still need to pay their invoice, while I have no product in hand anymore. Comes close to a scam, if you ask me.

I’d imagine their PR are working overtime as they are getting quite a bashing over the bizarre open cut out they’ve added to this year’s cases. Every ad post I see with comments is just full of criticism. Even there YouTube channel is full of it so I think they’ve realised they have dropped the ball this year. Hopefully a redesign is coming. It’s supposed to be a premium range of cases after all.

ozapple

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2022
Bought a mujjo to go with the DT PM. Seems to be a nicer leather this year.

(Pardon the pics on a chopping board lol..)

IMG_3546.jpeg IMG_3547.jpeg IMG_3548.jpeg IMG_3549.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.