Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA
I just called a premium retailer for Verizon. The girl told me they're getting their shipment tomorrow and she's not sure the amount of iPhones exactly they're getting but that she knows they're getting 1 or 2 JB plus. She says she will call me tomorrow when they get them and call me to see if they do get any and hold it for me for Friday morning! If that's the case and I don't get shipment info I'm cancelling and going there

Reactions: Krissy_21

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I'm kind of starting to get irritated. I got 2 hours of sleep that night, couldn't even order until about ten after three, and people who ordered after me are definitely getting their phones. This is bullcrap!
I agree wholeheartedly I will reserve the expletives until the week plays out but I think honestly depending on where you live, standing in line might be more advantageous than the preorder. I'm going to have to miss work if I want it launch day (assuming it comes) anyway to sign for the darn thing. I might as well miss work and get up early and stand in line.... where I live, I did that for the 5 when it came out and had no issue getting what I wanted.... only problem is the closest Verizon corporate store is an hour drive..... gotta love the Midwest :)

nwfrog

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2016
I have a FEDEX question. I want to hold my delivery at a FEDEX location for me to pick up on Friday. FEDEX tells me that until the phone advances one more stage (right now it is in Memphis) they can't change it from signature required for delivery to hold for pickup. Does anyone have experience in the past with being able to have their phone held for pickup (by FEDEX)? BTW they told me to call back early tomorrow morning. I am not complaining just curious. There is no way I can be home all day Friday.

JediPy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I'm guessing just phone. At least thats all I'm sending back haha

I confirmed when I called because my wife's is an early upgrade on the Device Payment Plan - he said no accessories, only the phone and to make sure "Find my iPhone" was off.
[doublepost=1473897721][/doublepost]
Phone only. Make sure you set the phone to factory settings and remove the sim card.

Is there really a need to remove the SIM card on Verizon? They send a new one with the new phone (usually) and contacts aren't typically stored on the SIM card like they used to be. I could be way off, but on Verizon (even LTE phones), I've never removed them on trade-in, a factory reset, definitely.

ericiu2

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
I have a FEDEX question. I want to hold my delivery at a FEDEX location for me to pick up on Friday. FEDEX tells me that until the phone advances one more stage (right now it is in Memphis) they can't change it from signature required for delivery to hold for pickup. Does anyone have experience in the past with being able to have their phone held for pickup (by FEDEX)? BTW they told me to call back early tomorrow morning. I am not complaining just curious. There is no way I can be home all day Friday.

I'm hoping we can do that, but I have a feeling Apple/Verizon has told FedEx not to let us re-route the package or change delivery. They probably have to attempt delivery one time before changes can be made. I hope I'm wrong though because I also want to send it to a FedEx Office for pickup after work.

madscientist10

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
NYC
I honestly don't think the missing date means anything. Out of the three order status pages, only the one on My Verizon actually displays the delivery by date, and it's been like that since 9/9 for me.

benboy12

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2014

I would like to know this, as well.
[doublepost=1473899322][/doublepost]
I honestly don't think the missing date means anything. Out of the three order status pages, only the one on My Verizon actually displays the delivery by date, and it's been like that since 9/9 for me.

My date disappeared right before my card was charged. I think its because they have received your phone but a shipping label with a date hasn't been generated. I could be wrong, though. My card was charged and the date was missing around 9 PM CST (I had checked about 30 mins prior and the date was still there), but I didn't get a shipping notification until 4 AM the next day.

jsayer7

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Chatted with support to ask about the device trade in program and convo went off about the Airpods. She then proceeded to say she would put me "on a list" to get the device earlier than normal.

And no, I don't believe her. It just goes to prove that these support agents will say anything to make you happy. She was cool though, used the words "cray cray".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 6.02.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 6.02.21 PM.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: mastercheif91

Raystechworld

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Canton ohio
Ok please tell me there is movement on the 7 plus silver 128 Gb please mine still shows 9/28 and no charge I must have checked it 10 times today and my new Apple Watch I paid for overnight shipping from Best Buy and still not shipped says it is guanteed by9/16 I hope anyways
[doublepost=1473899584][/doublepost]When did you order dis they just charge you and what was your original date ?

tlh003

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
any word on iphone 7 plus 32gb matte black and if so what was your original ship date estimate and what time did you order?

moose2687

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
HOLD THE PRESS! Verizon just charged my credit card. I ordered the matte black 128GA iPhone 7+ and had a deliver/ship by date of 9/23. I ordered mine on the phone at 1:21am Mtn time on 9/9. Good luck everyone.

madscientist10

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
NYC
Chatted with support to ask about the device trade in program and convo went off about the Airpods. She then proceeded to say she would put me "on a list" to get the device earlier than normal.

And no, I don't believe her. It just goes to prove that these support agents will say anything to make you happy. She was cool though, used the words "cray cray".

Tweet that to Verizon.

Reactions: ahw5071

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
HOLD THE PRESS! Verizon just charged my credit card. I ordered the matte black 128GA iPhone 7+ and had a deliver/ship by date of 9/23. I ordered mine on the phone at 1:21am Mtn time on 9/9. Good luck everyone.

The wave is beginning again! Congrats! So excited to see everyone joining the "shipped" party :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.