Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
No I know for next year... beyond ridiculous. There is no reason that this should be the case.

There's every reason that's the case. They want to ship one box and pay one charge. Clearly they don't have one of your items so they can't ship it. Amazon does the same thing unless you select "ship items as soon as they are available" which they charge you extra for.

You have to make two separate orders, which most people think will put them further down the line so they don't do it.

Really in a perfect world none of us should buy anything ever from a carrier and just let Apple handle it all.

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
Just letting the community know what my two hour argument with customer service consisted of. They told me "our system read that you were trying to start a new line (which I clearly wasn't, I selected "upgrade me phone) and therefore it registered under your name and not the account owners, so we canceled your preorder."
That sucks - I officially nominate your order issue as one of the few legitimate things to be upset about in this thread.

Doncisco88

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
To make everyone feel a little better, I've been at my local Apple Store for 2 hours now and have yet to see ONE 7+ jet black.. they really are limited right now.

They don't even have one on display

egreggs6870

Suspended
Sep 12, 2016
256gb matte black iPhone 7+ just got tracking info, says UPS ground though on the order status page which I think is weird. But no details up yet
Mine says the same thing. My stuff normally comes through FedEx from Verizon though.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
There's every reason that's the case. They want to ship one box and pay one charge. Clearly they don't have one of your items so they can't ship it. Amazon does the same thing unless you select "ship items as soon as they are available" which they charge you extra for.

You have to make two separate orders, which most people think will put them further down the line so they don't do it.

Really in a perfect world none of us should buy anything ever from a carrier and just let Apple handle it all.

I would be inclined to agree except I have seen other models (128 7+ MB) that ordered after me ship, and the other a 128 7 Gold is not very high in demand. So I can't imagine they just don't have one of them.

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
To make everyone feel a little better, I've been at my local Apple Store for 2 hours now and have yet to see ONE 7+ jet black.. they really are limited right now.

They don't even have one on display
Apple probably gave them all to the press outlets and the photojournalists to do ad articles with... The 'Phones will be on display once Apple gets those units back.

NotoriousBAZ

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
This isn't new information this has happened to me previously. So I placed two separate orders with Verizon, same account, but separate orders, and both are out for delivery today.

I haven't preordered an iPhone since the 4s. And that was just one phone. Wish I had followed these threads before to see this can be an issue. Funny enough, the website was giving me issues when I tried to do two phones originally (changed payment from DPP to full retail). So I almost ended up putting them through separately but ended up getting it to work. Wish I had now.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Like I said, I am not complaining that I have to wait, I am complaining that they system is not fair, but until Apple allows Edge agreement updates per their website I am stuck in the mess of VZW preorders.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
I would be inclined to agree except I have seen other models (128 7+ MB) that ordered after me ship, and the other a 128 7 Gold is not very high in demand. So I can't imagine they just don't have one of them.

Yeah I don't know. Time stamps don't even seem to be an issue. I have a later time stamp than some of you in this thread and mine is out for delivery. Maybe its a regional hub thing.

KirkyMD

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
The "not-shipping-when-you-order-more-than-one-phone" policy is killing me. I understand the rationality and logistics issue. But wow.

Reactions: Krissy_21

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
This isn't new information this has happened to me previously. So I placed two separate orders with Verizon, same account, but separate orders, and both are out for delivery today.
What specs did you order? Smart to order separately I also made the mistake of ordering 3 phones together.

jekjones1558

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
So did anyone get a regular 7 JB 128? Unless I missed a post I don't think I have seen a single one. Mine is still listed as Oct. 5, no movement whatsoever, and my email confirmation was 2:15 AM CDT.

mfw

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Since my 7+ 32GB Black hasn't shipped (9/28 date), I think I am going to change my order to a 128GB and just wait for it. It's a sign I shouldn't have gone with the 32GB! :p

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
just checked the preorder site again and it shows it has shipped and i actually have a tracking number....i use the app "parcel" currently and when i went to the app, the tracking number ( since i copied it) comes up as DHL....i don't know if that means i will get my 7+128 fb Gold phone today but i hope i'm here....

lesliechelle

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Louisiana
upload_2016-9-16_11-5-14-png.653218

5 more hours left at work until I can get my hands on it. :(

7+ 128 Rose Gold

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.