Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewis26

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2013
Indianapolis
I spoke to a very nice tier 3 support person from Verizon. She said that Apple is not allowing them to ship the 7+ black or jet black, until the 23rd. That Apple told them that and they aren't getting stock until that date. Apple seems to be constraining stock, Verizon seems to be just as frustrated about it as we are.

And she pulled that info right out of her ass...

TristanPT

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2014
Lexington, SC
Got my tracking number. It states the courier is "UPSGROUND2". Wonder what the "2" means? Can I pay extra to upgrade to a faster shipping speed? Still waiting on the number to go live with more info.

SteveoGa

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
Columbus GA
I think they did somewhat well. They nailed Matte Black 128 as the most popular option which is why we see very few 32s shipping.

Respectfully disagree that they did "somewhat well." I ordered a 7 matte black 128 at 3:16 am (as soon as the system would let me) and have a 9/28 delivery date with zero movement--many who ordered after I did are receiving their phones today.

NotoriousBAZ

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
Just curious, but has anyone had a 7 32GB in Silver ship to them yet? I feel like I haven't seen anyone post about it (granted it appears like that's the least popular model). Wondering if that's what's holding up my order as I ordered both that phone and a 7+ 128GB in MB together in the same order.

Panic61

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Ok, finally :) Just checked and my Mat Black iPhone 7 Plus 256GB shipped (UPSGROUND).

Order Location: D772001
Ordered 9/9 at 3:18AM (EST)

Same location, but I ordered a JB, 256 7+, should have gone with silver I guess. Still says 9/28 for me

chairman16

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
I ordered mine on 9/9 at 1:30 am PST. JB 256 7 plus. Got email confirmation at 1:45 am with ship date of 9/28 but order page says ship by 10/5.

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
Man, I have to say, I feel for you all who woke up early and ordered the 7+ expecting it today and nada. It was announced less than 2 weeks ago so Apple had to know at that point there would be a shortage. Yeah, it's "just a phone," but presumably most everyone here is a tech geek and I don't think it's wrong to consider it a minor annoyance when you aren't getting your phone when you expected. Personally, I've already listed my 6S on ebay to recoup the payoff of my current device agreement, so if I weren't getting my phone today I'd have to cancel the auction and I'd be at least a little upset.

nyjets24

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Got my tracking number. It states the courier is "UPSGROUND2". Wonder what the "2" means? Can I pay extra to upgrade to a faster shipping speed? Still waiting on the number to go live with more info.

I think it means 2 days shipping. I originally had UPSGROUND2 and just changed recently to UPSGROUND1 which im guessing is 1 day shipping

smokechaser

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Kansas City
KANSAS CITY HERE...iPhone 7 Matte Black 256gb out for delivery. called fedex and they said it will be delivered to my house between 11am and 3pm. can't wait!

ordered last friday morning at 3:30am central time

Reactions: ksujoel

KawaiiKitsune13

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Ended up cancelling the 9/9 order for 7+ JB 128 (EDD 11/16) today and ordered the 7+ MB 256 (EDD 10/5) w/ Next Day 10:30am shipping. So now I sit back and wait. At least my custom cases from Skinit will be in today

Last edited:

EezyE

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
I spoke to a very nice tier 3 support person from Verizon. She said that Apple is not allowing them to ship the 7+ black or jet black, until the 23rd. That Apple told them that and they aren't getting stock until that date. Apple seems to be constraining stock, Verizon seems to be just as frustrated about it as we are.

She lied to you. Not trying to be a jerk or anything but my 7+ and a lot of others here are getting/have gotten their phones today.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Respectfully disagree that they did "somewhat well." I ordered a 7 matte black 128 at 3:16 am (as soon as the system would let me) and have a 9/28 delivery date with zero movement--many who ordered after I did are receiving their phones today.

Can't comment on that without knowing how many they delivered. 15 minutes could be 5 million phones.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I think it means 2 days shipping. I originally had UPSGROUND2 and just changed recently to UPSGROUND1 which im guessing is 1 day shipping

Mine shipped on the 15th on that ground2 thing but still can't track it. Could you track yours?

nyjets24

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Mine shipped on the 15th on that ground2 thing but still can't track it. Could you track yours?

Mine also shipped last night and got a tracking number today around 8 am. My cc was charged at 8 pm last night. When i checked this morning it was ground2 and just checked about an hour ago which then turned to ground1. Nope the tracking number isnt working

robwithtoast

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
Just curious, but has anyone had a 7 32GB in Silver ship to them yet? I feel like I haven't seen anyone post about it (granted it appears like that's the least popular model). Wondering if that's what's holding up my order as I ordered both that phone and a 7+ 128GB in MB together in the same order.
I haven't seen anyone speak of a 32gb plus at all.

KirkyMD

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
So in reading 9to5mac, I see that I chose an iPhone (+, 128 GB, Silver) that only eight percent of the general population wanted. I'm sure Apple augmented delivery based on previous sales which factored into a delayed delivery date. Oh well. I will wait.

zaquinho17

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2015
Sydney | to | New Jersey
So in reading 9to5mac, I see that I chose an iPhone (+, 128 GB, Silver) that only eight percent of the general population wanted. I'm sure Apple augmented delivery based on previous sales which factored into a delayed delivery date. Oh well. I will wait.

The demand of the silver in the 6(+) and 6s(+) would have been the reason they didn't make as many units. They also under sold and the introduction of two new colours would mean the unit yield rate for consumption would mean they produced significantly less than previous years

chairman16

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
Still stuck at processing and a 9/28 ship date. 256GB Jet Black 7+. Ordered at 3:10AM ET on 9/9.

Guess I have no choice but to wait for Verizon to deliver on this order which sucks because I won't be home on the 28th and will not be returning until 3 weeks after that. So my 7+ will just be chilling outside for 3 weeks I guess.

Anyway. I'm off to UPS to pick up my ATT 7+ that was shipped on time and arrived on time from Apple.
Same here. No movement.

Reactions: Epic Xbox Revie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.