Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
The demand of the silver in the 6(+) and 6s(+) would have been the reason they didn't make as many units. They also under sold and the introduction of two new colours would mean the unit yield rate for consumption would mean they produced significantly less than previous years
So what you actually mean is that Silver is this year's rarest iPhone yet!

Obe2233

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Ordered online on 9/9. Original ship date of 9/16 for the 7+ Matte Black 128gb. Now my ship date is 10/5 changed last night for some reason. My friend ordered the same phone on the 11th and he got his tracking number at 12:08 am eastern time last night. I am not happy with this at all right now. Total bull crap.

Reactions: crawfish963

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Ordered online on 9/9. Original ship date of 9/16 for the 7+ Matte Black 128gb. Now my ship date is 10/5 changed last night for some reason. My friend ordered the same phone on the 11th and he got his tracking number at 12:08 am eastern time last night. I am not happy with this at all right now. Total bull crap.

The whole thing is screwed up. I ordered my phone 128 7+ MB and my wife's 128 7 Gold at 2:14am Central. No movement.

My friend ordered his 128 7+ MB on 9/12, no joke, and it is out for delivery. Where is the logic?

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Delivered! I've enjoyed stalking and all the anxiety with everyone and hope you all have your phones ASAP!

128 gb rose gold 7+

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 224

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I feel like they're focusing on single orders rather than multiple orders in one. Not fair. I feel ya. I'm waiting in 2 JB 7+
[doublepost=1474040517][/doublepost]
Delivered! I've enjoyed stalking and all the anxiety with everyone and hope you all have your phones ASAP!

128 gb rose gold 7+
Enjoy!!!!

Reactions: BrittaniFun

ahw5071

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
Preordered a Jet Black 128 GB Plus at 3:28 EST and just found out today Verizon had canceled my preorder after days of me trying to figure out why my order does not show in my account. Apparently you cannot upgrade a phone via their website if you are not the account owner. Although I am not the account owner, I am an account manager but my order was declined today after I found this out. Verizon is making me go to the back of the line and I now have an expected delivery date of October 26th for a matte black version. Absolutely disgusting how Verizon treats their customers.

suupjared

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Original order: 128GB Gold 7+ ordered 9/9 @ 11:30AM EST. Original delivery date 9/28.

CC charged @ ~9PM last night, received tracking information at 5:55AM today. No update with my tracking number.

Just reached out to UPS and they said "Unfortunately our system does not contain any tracking information for your shipment. If you have not already done so, please contact the shipper to verify your shipment was sent as scheduled. Sometimes if the packages has not been shipped out the system will not provide us any tracking information."

I do not think I will be getting it today :(

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago
The whole thing is screwed up. I ordered my phone 128 7+ MB and my wife's 128 7 Gold at 2:14am Central. No movement.

My friend ordered his 128 7+ MB on 9/12, no joke, and it is out for delivery. Where is the logic?
You both ordered from Verizon? And are you sure his is out for delivery and it's not the trade-in box?

Reactions: Krissy_21

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
You both ordered from Verizon? And are you sure his is out for delivery and it's not the trade-in box?

Yep, both from Verizon and he got charged the taxes for his phone on Wed. night so yeah its the phone. I seriously think that anyone that ordered 2 got the shaft. I am fine waiting, but when there is no logic to the process I get annoyed.

KSHMauthor

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Just to keep folks informed.

Ordered at 2:15 am Central (I live in Texas)
iPhone 7 plus, 256 GB, Matte Black
Initial information: Delivery by 23 Sept, no confirmation email (which was odd)
Current status: Charged around 8pm central yesterday (15 Sept). Verizon site had my FedEx tracking information early this morning (around 5:30 am central). Delivery date will be Tuesday (20 Sept)

Seems like poor coordination between Apple and Verizon is all. Pain in the butt, but I'm getting my phone fairly quick. Just wish Apple was more forthcoming with how much will be given to a carrier and that the carrier could look a historical data for locations to determine how much product should be in an area for pre-order.

lewis26

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2013
Indianapolis
Preordered a Jet Black 128 GB Plus at 3:28 EST and just found out today Verizon had canceled my preorder after days of me trying to figure out why my order does not show in my account. Apparently you cannot upgrade a phone via their website if you are not the account owner. Although I am not the account owner, I am an account manager but my order was declined today after I found this out. Verizon is making me go to the back of the line and I now have an expected delivery date of October 26th for a matte black version. Absolutely disgusting how Verizon treats their customers.

I'm an account member, not an owner, and I preordered without a problem...

Reactions: InvalidBassist

InvalidBassist

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Chicago

128 gb rose gold 7+
I think you need a better camera to take a picture of that awesome camera!
[doublepost=1474040859][/doublepost]
I'm an account member, not an owner, and I preordered without a problem...
Samsies - shows up on my account.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
This isn't new information this has happened to me previously. So I placed two separate orders with Verizon, same account, but separate orders, and both are out for delivery today.

No I know for next year... beyond ridiculous. There is no reason that this should be the case.

ahw5071

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
Just letting the community know what my two hour argument with customer service consisted of. They told me "our system read that you were trying to start a new line (which I clearly wasn't, I selected "upgrade me phone) and therefore it registered under your name and not the account owners, so we canceled your preorder."

egreggs6870

Suspended
Sep 12, 2016
Ordered 2 256gb matte black 7+ around 9:30am on 9/9 they have not been charged and still showing as processing. This morning i figured I would give a store a shot. I drove to the Verizon store around 7am got there at 7:20 and was 8th in line. The older woman behind me just told me there wasn't any iPhone plus models available at the Apple Store and After the store opened at 8 we walked in and the guy comes to assist me asks what I need and after telling him 2 black plus models he just looks at me and says. We don't have plus models. Would have been nice for a earlier warning. I walked out. I'm just glad that I ordered when I did. Anyone else with the ship date of 23rd see any activity?

I posted last night showing changes in my order. I got the 7+ Matte 256GB on 9/9 with my email confirmation at 3:15am EST . My cc was charged last nigh and I just got tracking number maybe an hour ago.

Ron_Burgandy

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
Man, I just want someone's Jet Black to ship so I can have some hope.

I just read in reddit several people received jet blacks early yesterday and tons of orders got bumped up to sooner shipping dates. I think its the influx of people who are cancelling orders and trying their hand at picking up a phone in a local store. Thus the others patient pre-orderers receive the benefits

chairman16

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
Someone posted this in the T-Mobile thread....I was dying....lol

EdBetzmacrumors newbie
OMG People, It's just a phone. Six months from now there will be another one, and then next September probably an all new model. There are people who went to bed last night without food or a real place to live. There are people in war torn countries wondering if they'll ever be able to see their family again, there are people who are battling cancer and other deadly illnesses. Perspective - a little perspective. Of course I'd like my new iPhone 7+ 128 Jet Black, but if it doesn't get here soon, I'll be OK! If you're really at the edge, here's a number you can call to chat
Call 1-800-273-8255 - Available 24 hours everyday - its the suicide hotline. Perhaps they can help.

Yes I was up at 2:00 am in NY waiting till I could order at 3am, yes I placed my order at 3:04 expecting I'd get one of the first phones, but come on - it's just a phone. I have a 6S+ that probably less then a year old - I'll live.

In the mean time, spend today loving your family and being grateful that you're biggest problem is a stupid phone.
(stepping down off my soap box)
:):apple::):apple:
Amen to that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.