Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I debated on whether or not to post this. Didn't want to p*ss anyone off. Lol. I really hope your situation gets resolved soon. I've been following your story and it seems like a big cluster****
It is... And he said i'm not the only one having this problem. Which is really sad... He said as soon as a new shipment comes in, mine will go out. So if they come in today, I should get it shipped today. I'm just concerned that I will be skipped over since I've obviously been skipped over repeatedly already. I was just excited. Now I'm let down. Just sucks
[doublepost=1474035918][/doublepost]
If this was Facebook I would agree with you. But this is MacRumors. This is the only place where you can act like an idiot.

People do leave this forum after their rant and resume normal living. Most of them anyway.
Honestly, I thought this was the person that said the same thing to me. LOL my bad!

PTDixon

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
have you done the Verizon pre-order prior? I'd like to know if anyone who lives in Rural SD, IA, ND, MT has done this years past as I have and actually gotten a phone launch day>? The last four years my order has always been 30 min in or earlier from when pre-orders went live and I'm always a week after launch.... I'm starting to think geographically based upon how they logistically ship these, my location might already preclude me from ever getting a phone launch day...

My first pre-order, I am finally getting rid of my 5S that I picked up on launch day. For that one, I showed up at the corporate store at 6 (store opened at 8) and snagged the 32 Silver without TOO much trouble, but there were no golds that year on launch.

jimmyb124

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Nebraska
I remember when I switched to Verizon last year it was 3 weeks after the iPhone 6S came out and they had plus+ available in all colors for me to choose from when I went into the store. So I feel like there's no reason they shouldn't be fully stocked up soon.
[doublepost=1474036166][/doublepost]and when the iPhone 6 came out I was with AT&T at the time and had an upgrade available, so launch day night I went to the store and got the space grey model no problem with every other option still too. So weird..

Bwrin1

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Indianapolis
Ok, finally :) Just checked and my Mat Black iPhone 7 Plus 256GB shipped (UPSGROUND).

Order Location: D772001
Ordered 9/9 at 3:18AM (EST)
Do you show a delivery date?
[doublepost=1474036591][/doublepost]
curious to know if anyone had a ship date for 9/15/2016 and getting delivered by UPS Ground but the tracking number is not working
Yeah mine isn't working

desquiliano

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
have you done the Verizon pre-order prior? I'd like to know if anyone who lives in Rural SD, IA, ND, MT has done this years past as I have and actually gotten a phone launch day>? The last four years my order has always been 30 min in or earlier from when pre-orders went live and I'm always a week after launch.... I'm starting to think geographically based upon how they logistically ship these, my location might already preclude me from ever getting a phone launch day...

I live in rural northwest IA.

I received iPhone 6S 64GB Space Gray on launch day. Confirmation email arrived at 2:15am.

iPhone 7 128GB Black is out for delivery today. My confirmation email arrived at 2:16am.

I didn't receive iPhone 6 on launch day, but that's because I didn't order till 4 days after sales opened.

All these were ordered through Verizon.

RAPPUHN

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
I ordered a 7+ Silver 128gb and a 7 Gold 32gb, confirmation at 3:27 est 9/9 and I live in Michigan, order is still processing, called Verizon 4 times now and they said there wasn't any holds and that everything looked fine for the order. I can understand the Plus not shipping yet even though I've seen quite a few ship that were right around when I ordered mine. But the 7 hasn't even shipped, those weren't even backordered until a few days ago. The last time I was on the phone with Verizon the said that they are receiving another shipment today and I was near the top of the list and if it doesn't ship then call them again because it should've. They were also completely dumbfounded as to why the 7 hasn't moved. I just checked and order is still processing and the haven't charged my card. Pretty sure they have received most of their shipments by now so I'm not sure what is going on and Verizon has been barely willing to help.

mandurz

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Los Angeles, Ca
Had you been on these forums, you would have seen that verizon was taking orders through the app as early as 2:20AM ET, so you ordered rather late compared to the number of orders that got in already.

Yes, but he is correct. I received my confirmation at 12:20 AM (4 min after him) and got my tracking info on Wed

hsoj1006

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2015
Ok, finally :) Just checked and my Mat Black iPhone 7 Plus 256GB shipped (UPSGROUND).

Order Location: D772001
Ordered 9/9 at 3:18AM (EST)

That is the exact phone I ordered. It was done around 6am EST. No movement though.

nyjets24

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016

I received iPhone 6S 64GB Space Gray on launch day. Confirmation email arrived at 2:15am.

iPhone 7 128GB Black is out for delivery today. My confirmation email arrived at 2:16am.

I didn't receive iPhone 6 on launch day, but that's because I didn't order till 4 days after sales opened.

When did you get the shipping confirmation?

Thanks!

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
I'd argue it will be twice as bad.... 10th anniversary phone and a supposed redesign.... take this demand and add it times three.... there are a lot of folks out there who are holding onto the 6s or 6 because this wasn't redesigned add those people into the fray and it is going to be a proverbial nightmare next year.

I agree actually. If they can't do well with this, next year will be a nightmare.

brndnzfkd

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
I ordered a 7+ Silver 128gb and a 7 Gold 32gb, confirmation at 3:27 est 9/9 and I live in Michigan, order is still processing, called Verizon 4 times now and they said there wasn't any holds and that everything looked fine for the order. I can understand the Plus not shipping yet even though I've seen quite a few ship that were right around when I ordered mine. But the 7 hasn't even shipped, those weren't even backordered until a few days ago. The last time I was on the phone with Verizon the said that they are receiving another shipment today and I was near the top of the list and if it doesn't ship then call them again because it should've. They were also completely dumbfounded as to why the 7 hasn't moved. I just checked and order is still processing and the haven't charged my card. Pretty sure they have received most of their shipments by now so I'm not sure what is going on and Verizon has been barely willing to help.

I'm in Michigan too and no movement at all on my 7+ 128 MB and also my 7+ 32gb Rose Gold.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
I agree actually. If they can't do well with this, next year will be a nightmare.

I think they did somewhat well. They nailed Matte Black 128 as the most popular option which is why we see very few 32s shipping. They were probably taken aback at the orders for the 256 since quite frankly many of our own computers don't even have that much storage.

The Jet Black was always going to be rare. As soon as they showed that Jony Ive video I knew not to order that one. Brought back memories of the iPhone 4 white for me. I waited MONTHS for that one. Not weeks. Still never got one.

What's surprising to me is with their wireless and cloud services push why they even offered a 256 version at all? Don't they want everyone using Apple Music?

And yes, if the iPhone 8 is everything rumors say it is it will be a disaster, especially in whatever ceramic space age minerals from Saturn finish Jony Ive tells us about in a video. Do not, under any circumstances, order the Saturn phone.

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
My delivery date (ignoring that it says ship date) is 9/23. But can't I please just get a charge?

Dicx

Contributor
Jan 10, 2006
Just called Verizon and canceled JB 128GB 7. Going to pick up matte black at Verizon store. Waiting a month for a plan I am paying on that I can't use (LG Decoy) wasn't worth the shiny in the end. Next time I upgrade, definitely buying from Apple not VZW.

Atreyu25

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
I spoke to a very nice tier 3 support person from Verizon. She said that Apple is not allowing them to ship the 7+ black or jet black, until the 23rd. That Apple told them that and they aren't getting stock until that date. Apple seems to be constraining stock, Verizon seems to be just as frustrated about it as we are.

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016

There goes my theory 2:06 Am confirmation email and I still haven't even been charged.... same phone as you.... rural IA on the SD border here.

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I spoke to a very nice tier 3 support person from Verizon. She said that Apple is not allowing them to ship the 7+ black or jet black, until the 23rd. That Apple told them that and they aren't getting stock until that date. Apple seems to be constraining stock, Verizon seems to be just as frustrated about it as we are.
Then why are multiple people getting their MB phones today?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.