Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Hope they do better next year!!! :(
I'd argue it will be twice as bad.... 10th anniversary phone and a supposed redesign.... take this demand and add it times three.... there are a lot of folks out there who are holding onto the 6s or 6 because this wasn't redesigned add those people into the fray and it is going to be a proverbial nightmare next year.

Reactions: Crazyj414

bwsteg

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2012
Queens NY
I'm so frustrated with this whole thing. Because of their error I'm now being told that I will most likely have to wait until next friday because they are back ordered! He even said that he shows I ordered 10 min after the site went up! I was charged for it tuesday and yet I still won't have a phone. I'm just so frustrated with it!

Relax it's just a phone.

Reactions: Joe Coolest

dtrj787

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
I can confirm several people in SD and IA didn't get their phones today either mostly 128GIG config in colors across the board... all with preorder times within the first half hour of when things were SUPPOSED to be live.... Verizon botched this in that the APP was live before it was supposed to.... Apple has botched this in that they either didn't anticipate demand well enough or didn't care (let's face it we all complain about this cluster mess but ultimately are we going to get a different phone?) but even for Apple having ZERO + models in stores launch day is inexcusable..... heads should roll for that debacle.... Part of me feels bad for folks who waited in line for days only to be told yesterday no pluses available...

I understand where you are coming from, but that is the point of the pre-order. You are taking the risk of your model not being there on launch. It's like that with any phone from any maker.

Deeznuts.

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2015
Queens, NY
Were you given a tracking number earlier or did this come as a compete surprise? When was your order placed?
Order was placed on Friday at 3:12am EST, gave me an estimated delivery date of 9/23. Credit card was charged Tuesday night. Received my tracking number Wednesday morning.

Nathanb26

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Ordered 2 256gb matte black 7+ around 9:30am on 9/9 they have not been charged and still showing as processing. This morning i figured I would give a store a shot. I drove to the Verizon store around 7am got there at 7:20 and was 8th in line. The older woman behind me just told me there wasn't any iPhone plus models available at the Apple Store and After the store opened at 8 we walked in and the guy comes to assist me asks what I need and after telling him 2 black plus models he just looks at me and says. We don't have plus models. Would have been nice for a earlier warning. I walked out. I'm just glad that I ordered when I did. Anyone else with the ship date of 23rd see any activity?

Reactions: egreggs6870

gorytory

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Out for delivery as of 8:19am! It's my day off and I do have things to do, though. I hate sitting home doing nothing. .____. The last time I got a package, it showed up at exactly 7:45pm. Fingers crossed.

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I understand where you are coming from, but that is the point of the pre-order. You are taking the risk of your model not being there on launch. It's like that with any phone from any maker.

You must have missed the contention many on here, myself have included that people who ordered the exact same phone later than many of us are getting their phones today while we are not... if I had picked Jet black I wouldn't be frustrated. But when you order 128 MB plus and people who ordered the same phone 4 hours later are getting theirs today and your order is still stuck in processing, I think you have some footing to stand on in being a tad irked at that proposition.

Sgt.ThroatPunch

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
Had you been on these forums, you would have seen that verizon was taking orders through the app as early as 2:20AM ET, so you ordered rather late compared to the number of orders that got in already.
Maybe you missed the part where I explained how people who ordered AFTER me got theirs. I don't care when it started.

JeepGirl06

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Massachusetts
This is all I'm still showing right now...no confirmation number, just an order number and no link to cancel the order as I've seen on some other screenshots... I don't know what to think... 7+ 128GB Rose Gold, orderd 9/10/2016 at around 3am...yes I procrastinated but I'm kinda worried about this....

View attachment 653071

dtrj787

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
You must have missed the contention many on here, myself have included that people who ordered the exact same phone later than many of us are getting their phones today while we are not... if I had picked Jet black I wouldn't be frustrated. But when you order 128 MB plus and people who ordered the same phone 4 hours later are getting theirs today and your order is still stuck in processing, I think you have some footing to stand on in being a tad irked at that proposition.

I get you. I ordered a Silver 128gb plus, but my husband decided he wanted the Jet Black, so I'm stuck waiting.

jimmyb124

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Nebraska
Not me. I got 2 7+ JB and confirmation email was received at 2:25 CST with a 9/28 delivery. I was really hoping I was going to get it on launch. :(
Hey I ordered just 1 7+ JB and confirmation email was received at 2:17 AM CST with a 10/05 delivery.... so like 10 minutes before your order and I got a week later haha. There dates are all sorts of messed up. Jet Black day will be a beautiful day

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I get you. I ordered a Silver 128gb plus, but my husband decided he wanted the Jet Black, so I'm stuck waiting.

At the end of the day it's just a phone but I think as Human Beings we are wired to get upset, annoyed, at perceived injustice. I mentioned earlier this is the 4th year in a row that I have done the Verizon pre-order and I have never gotten a phone launch day. However, this is the first time I can remember where soooo many folks with later order times than I got theirs on launch day.... maybe next year.... maybe next year :)

Ckruse1029

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
I am from AT&T thread, wondering if any confirmations of 256 + both black models for shipment here?

TyroneJack

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
In the last 5mins order went from deliver by 9/28 to expected ship date 9/28. My order is 2 32gb 7+ matte black. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::mad::mad::mad::mad:

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
I am from AT&T thread, wondering if any confirmations of 256 + both black models for shipment here?

It a nutshell, not very many.... a few, but not many. There are WAY more displeased people than happy that ordered that configuration... let's put it that way

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.