Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dicx

Contributor
Jan 10, 2006
Verizon Store here (PA) has a few Matte Blacks 128GB and no one in line. Thinking on sticking it out for JB through VZW

Rm3131

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
So, I went to my local VZ store this morning at 730. There were 4 people in line and they had 3 Matte Black 128s in stock. I was able to snag one and after seeing the Jet Black in person, I am VERY happy I made the decision to cancel my preorder and go with MB. It's so sleek. This phone is beautifullllll, happy launch day y'all!

Reactions: andrewr2123

NotoriousBAZ

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Philadelphia, PA
So, I went to my local VZ store this morning at 730. There were 4 people in line and they had 3 Matte Black 128s in stock. I was able to snag one and after seeing the Jet Black in person, I am VERY happy I made the decision to cancel my preorder and go with MB. It's so sleek. This phone is beautifullllll, happy launch day y'all!

Just curious, when you said they had 3 MB 128s, were they the 7 or the 7+ models?

Morcom

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Mine officially shipped this morning for delivery Tuesday. 256 7+ MB & 128 7+ RG. I got charged last night and saw it had been sent to warehouse for shipment so I assumed it shipped. It appears they shipped both phones together.
What time did you get confirmation email?

Dicx

Contributor
Jan 10, 2006

My dilemma! Matte Black starting me in the face practically. Or hold out for JB. First iPhone I have owned. been on a LG Decoy for 6 years and the same plan for 14 years, 700min/250text. Changed plan already to 12GB so wasting money not being able to use phone. BUT IT"S JB! :)

Rm3131

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Just curious, when you said they had 3 MB 128s, were they the 7 or the 7+ models?

They only had 7s, they came out to the line before opening to announce that they had no Plus models or Jet Black in either size. It's absurd how low stock is on both of those units. I used to work for Apple Retail and we always got loads of each model in. Resellers would usually be in line for them, but we at least had them in stock. Something is definitely not right this year.

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
I can now confirm that there are no 7+ in my city of 250,000 people. Best Buy, target, phone retailers, all told me that they did not receive any on their trucks. Well played, Apple.

Rm3131

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
My dilemma! Matte Black starting me in the face practically. Or hold out for JB. First iPhone I have owned. been on a LG Decoy for 6 years and the same plan for 14 years, 700min/250text. Changed plan already to 12GB so wasting money not being able to use phone. BUT IT"S JB! :)

I honestly stood there for a good 15 minutes trying to decide if I wanted to wait or not. My delivery by date changed to ship by 10/5 so I was in a pickle. But truthfully, the JB looks a little cheap in person. Also, their demo unit must have only been out for a few hours and it already had visible scratches on it...

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
My phone is out for delivery via FedEx! Now let's just hope that they don't come super late like they always do since they have that "by 8 PM" window.

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Thank you so much! Finally someone who sees there is still a problem. She said they are working on the orders that are having this problem. I could possible receive my phone tomorrow but most likely not until Monday. If it weren't for that phone number I would never have received it! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
You're welcome! I'm on hold waiting on a supervisor. The guy i'm talking to said there is a legitimate problem with my order. Oh goody. I'm def not getting it today. But I'm really hoping it gets fixed. It started out as my CC companies fault but I changed the card within the hour of it being declined and it was charged. I mean, its actually posted on my cc account now. Its not even pending anymore. And still no tracking.

INRPCE

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Just hope my ship date changes to something sooner. It's been 9/28 and still processing. I ordered mine in the first hour on 9/9.

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I'm so frustrated with this whole thing. Because of their error I'm now being told that I will most likely have to wait until next friday because they are back ordered! He even said that he shows I ordered 10 min after the site went up! I was charged for it tuesday and yet I still won't have a phone. I'm just so frustrated with it!

Reactions: roncito

neggie

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Not this guy ;( Pre ordered a 7+ 128GB matte black at 3:00 AM central time on 9/9, Stuck in processing since then with an estimated date of 9/23. Total B!LLS!!T
Same here. I'm in Chicago ordered the MB 256 plus. Still 9/23 ship date. No charge on CC

steelo3232

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Not just a problem with Michigan... Kansas too. Ordered at 2:14am Central and no movement. Still not sure what the point of staying up late was .

I can confirm several people in SD and IA didn't get their phones today either mostly 128GIG config in colors across the board... all with preorder times within the first half hour of when things were SUPPOSED to be live.... Verizon botched this in that the APP was live before it was supposed to.... Apple has botched this in that they either didn't anticipate demand well enough or didn't care (let's face it we all complain about this cluster mess but ultimately are we going to get a different phone?) but even for Apple having ZERO + models in stores launch day is inexcusable..... heads should roll for that debacle.... Part of me feels bad for folks who waited in line for days only to be told yesterday no pluses available...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.