Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sgt.ThroatPunch

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
Yay! It finally happened guys! Verizon officially screwed me over. Despite the fact that I ordered the 128+ MB only SIXTEEN minutes after launch, Verizon chose to ship that phone to countless people who ordered after me, even by more than an hour. Great job NOT understanding a simple principle like FCFS.

I will enjoy seeing others get theirs, even though Verizon stepped on my back to get to them.

brndnzfkd

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Yay! It finally happened guys! Verizon officially screwed me over. Despite the fact that I ordered the 128+ MB only SIXTEEN minutes after launch, Verizon chose to ship that phone to countless people who ordered after me, even by more than an hour. Great job NOT understanding a simple principle like FCFS.

I will enjoy seeing others get theirs, even though Verizon stepped on my back to get to them.

Yeah people who ordered at 9 AM on pre order day are getting their phones shipped, but I ordered at 4 AM and both of mine still say processing. What a joke of a system haha. I'm in Michigan if that helps. Ordered a 128GB 7+ MB and a 32GB 7+ Rose Gold.

bdb23

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Curious, see some of you got overnight expedited shipping, mine is 2 day fedex... What did you have to do to get that, and how much did it cost? ...I know it's too late for me now, but next year I would like to know.

Reactions: Koobers

Alid32

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2016
Springfield OH
Mine has always said deliver by in the email confirmation but when I would click the check order status it always said expected ship date. Everyone I've talked to that pre ordered has been the same way too.

Reactions: letsgox

jsayer7

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2014
Anybody got a 32GB 7+ Matte Black being shipped today?
LOL. Maybe 7 people, that's all I saw get movement on their 32GB+. My "deliver by" date for mine switched to "expected ship date" going to raise hell to a poor CSR when I get to work.

INRPCE

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Yeah people who ordered at 9 AM on pre order day are getting their phones shipped, but I ordered at 4 AM and both of mine still say processing. What a joke of a system haha. I'm in Michigan if that helps. Ordered a 128GB 7+ MB and a 32GB 7+ Rose Gold.
Yea I order mine in the first house on Friday and mine still processing but I seen people say they ordered way later and are getting theirs. So next time maybe I can wait too and get mine before everyone else

elkaboing

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Chicago
Just received payment confirmation email from Verizon and checked my bank account; charged at 7:37pm Central. preorder.verizonwireless.com is showing that it was sent to the warehouse with an expected ship date of 9/15. Courier and tracking number fields are blank. Here are my details:

Matte Black
128gb
Ordered instore (Chicago) 9/9 10:30am Central

Original Confirmation Email from 9/9:
Order Location: M146501
Order Date: 09/09/2016
Deliver By: 09/23/2016

Received shipping confirmation at 6am central - about 11 hours after being charged. Mine is shipping UPS. Still no information on UPS about delivery date and all that. My instore receipt does say "free 2nd day shipping" so I might get mine Monday (no complaints).

SteveoGa

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
Columbus GA

I agree 100%--I'm in the exact same boat. While I'm happy for those who get their phones, Verizon just did an awful job with this launch. There has to be a better way to run a railroad.

chpthrll

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
Augusta,Ga
Ordered 5 7's,had to change my plus 128 because it turned into a 32,the rest supposed to be here today but are still sitting in Memphis!

kovey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011

Had you been on these forums, you would have seen that verizon was taking orders through the app as early as 2:20AM ET, so you ordered rather late compared to the number of orders that got in already.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
The irony of staying up late is that of all the preorders (2 iPhones and 2 watches) the only thing that will arrive today is my wife's watch which she has absolutely no waiting for. Oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.