Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ButterflyBella

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
NY
Eeeek!!!!

UPS experienced a mechanical problem on one flight and a weather delay on another flight containing iPhones. The cargo was redirected, but not in time to avoid minor delays in residential deliveries of these packages. None of the phones were returned to their origin or routed on extraneous legs of the journey to their final destination.

We are still investigating the reason for the erroneous tracking notices. When the packages receive their next physical scan at a UPS facility, the ups.com tracking information will be updated to reflect the next planned delivery date. UPS is working to expedite these deliveries as rapidly as possible. The updated delivery date may be improved and another status update posted. To be informed of latest status, consumers can request text or email notification by selecting the “Notify me with Updates” feature when tracking their shipment on ups.com.

Halt&CatchFire

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
7+ 128 GB JB 9/9 email conf. 3:24 Pacific. 9/23 delivery

Still nothing. No change to anything. No status change on the 3 separate order tracking sites. No CC charge. Not a damn thing. I'm fairly certain nothing will change between now and 10/05.

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
Got mine via FedEx about 2 hours ago at 12:33PST

iPhone 7 256GB in Jet Black:D:apple:

(Confirmation email @12:12PST on 9/9. Ship date was always 9/23 and I got it on the exact date)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113 KB · Views: 182

FmaxTurboSi

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
socal
Just picked up my black 7Plus 256gb using the istocknow site and apple store app to purchase with in-store reservation. I can confirm that you are able to choose "verizon 24 month payment plan" when at the apple store.

I purchased my phone full retail price with the apple store app. When I went into the store, they did a return, refunded the card, and I was able to choose the 24month verizon payment plan.

OH......and UPS truck was there unloading TONS of little brown boxes. Wonder if any Jet black's are arriving????

Reactions: kstclaire

bobsbbq

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
7+ 128 GB JB 9/9 email conf. 3:24 Pacific. 9/23 delivery

Still nothing. No change to anything. No status change on the 3 separate order tracking sites. No CC charge. Not a damn thing. I'm fairly certain nothing will change between now and 10/05.
Same thing here, but mine was 2:25 CST. They still say it is going out today.

Reactions: macmann81

4ubrey

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
611 just says pending shipment, ship by 9/28....7+ JB 256 ordered 3:23am est 9/9 Vzw on line...

This was the first year I didn't pre-order (at all) and the first year since 5S that I didn't pre-order using Verizon's site. I used to think it was a clever way to order.

So, I literally walked into an Apple store on Saturday morning (Alpharetta, GA) and bought a 7+ 256GB Matte Black. I was the 2nd guy in line.

Then, on Wednesday I got my wife's 7+ 256GB Gold from an in store location (Lenox Mall, Atlanta). No line, had a reservation.

I couldn't get a good ship date or a clear understanding how the new phone would be billed to me from Verizon's site on pre-order night, so I bailed (after staying up until 3am). I see lots of people still waiting on phones who pre-ordered really early (which sucks). I don't think I'll be using Verizon's site anymore after this experience and seeing how it has played out for others. Sharing this experience not to brag that I got a phone relatively easy, but to compel others to try Apple retail locations / reservations or just use Apple itself to order in the future. Seeing how they yanked stock from the carriers was enough for me to realize how Apple is doing business and prioritizing themselves in the delivery process.

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

FmaxTurboSi

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
socal
This was the first year I didn't pre-order (at all) and the first year since 5S that I didn't pre-order using Verizon's site. I used to think it was a clever way to order.

So, I literally walked into an Apple store on Saturday morning (Alpharetta, GA) and bought a 7+ 256GB Matte Black. I was the 2nd guy in line.

Then, on Wednesday I got my wife's 7+ 256GB Gold from an in store location (Lenox Mall, Atlanta). No line, had a reservation.

I couldn't get a good ship date or a clear understanding how the new phone would be billed to me from Verizon's site on pre-order night, so I bailed (after staying up until 3am). I see lots of people still waiting on phones who pre-ordered really early (which sucks). I don't think I'll be using Verizon's site anymore after this experience and seeing how it has played out for others. Sharing this experience not to brag that I got a phone relatively easy, but to compel others to try Apple retail locations / reservations or just use Apple itself to order in the future. Seeing how they yanked stock from the carriers was enough for me to realize how Apple is doing business and prioritizing themselves in the delivery process.

feel the same way as you.......pretty ridiculous my order kept getting pushed back. So i ditched the jet black for matte black. Then canceled the matte black because my local store had 1 available and was able to snatch that up.

Now I'm waiting for another to be in stock to cancel my wifes order and just pick hers up in store.

Reactions: 4ubrey

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
Got my tracking number for my 7 plus around 11am EST this morning and it still isn't working. How long has it taken for the people that got charged/ preparing to ship last night? Already got the shipping email from Verizon and my Verizon show it has been shipped by ups. Hoping I don't have to wait all weekend to track this thing

bobsbbq

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
Got my tracking number for my 7 plus around 11am EST this morning and it still isn't working. How long has it taken for the people that got charged/ preparing to ship last night? Already got the shipping email from Verizon and my Verizon show it has been shipped by ups. Hoping I don't have to wait all weekend to track this thing
Was your ship dat 9/22?

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Word of advice get a case My 6s plus took a dive last night. Some drunk woman fell on me and I ended up dropping my 6s plus which caused me to break my record of not dropping a phone. It's got a tiny crack next to the Touch ID. Won't happen with this 7+

Reactions: Crazyj414

JEboomin

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
128gb JB Plus, 9/9 2:06am Central confirmation email. 9/23 ship date.

CC charged last night, received tracking number this afternoon. Tracking number is working and phone is currently in PA and on its way to the Houston area to be with me. Scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.

It's been fun... But I'm out! Best of luck to everyone still waiting...

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
Hope you guys all get your phones. I just got mine literally an hour ago and am pretty pleased with it so far.

UPS attempted delivery at 3:33 pm today. I'm used to them showing up past 6pm.

I'm going to their local place about 6:30 tonight, with a book, and wait for the carrier to show up. They are open until 7:00 pm.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
UPS attempted delivery at 3:33 pm today. I'm used to them showing up past 6pm.

I'm going to their local place about 6:30 tonight, with a book, and wait for the carrier to show up. They are open until 7:00 pm.

FedEx delivered mine around 1 PST. I happen to have Fridays off normally so it was happenstance I guess that I worked out

1PM beats the Deliver by 8PM commitment time they had on the delivery

npenelope

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
I have the charge on my CC, but absolutely no updates from Verizon. No text, no email. Nothing. Website still says processing.
Same here!! Credit card charged, had a problem and fixed it, called Verizon and they ran it again and the charge went through but no other updates as of yet and my ship date of 10/5 is back on my Verizon
[doublepost=1474669274][/doublepost]
I got an email from Verizon saying my order was scheduled to process and average processing time was 3 days. Got an email from my CC company about the suspicious charge. Called them and they said to call VW and tell them to run it again. Verizon's hours say they aren't open for another hour. Hoping they can just redo the payment and it not delay anything anymore.
The same thing happened to me, and I got it straightened out this morning and my ship date went back to 10/5 so I'm hoping that's wrong and Verizon's servers just keep processing as normal, I'm hoping I wake up to a tracking number tomorrow, Sunday the latest

Sioni247

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Hello,
I used to work for Apple but new on this site. I had a question if I ordered from Verizon where does it ship from? China? in the states? Fill a newbie in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.