Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcurrys07

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2011
Absolutely wait until you have it in hand, cancelling is easy
I was going to do the same thing but Verizon in store and Customer service rep both told me that if I buy the phone through Apple i will lose the $650 promotional value for my iPhone 6 that I was planing on trading in... it sucks because my Apple Store has stock of the 7plus black 128gb... I want my phone sooner but I'm certainly not losing out on $650... kinda ridiculous that Verizon has such a technicality..

cale508

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
IL
You and I in same boat! My order 2 minutes after yours! Same phone.... Nothing yet! Friend got 128 gold 7+ today and he orders a day later and had 10/4 date?
Same here, ordered 2 7+ JB on 9/9, email @ 2:25am CST. Stuck on processing.

Gadifer

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Tracking # for 128 MB 7+ two days ago. Out for delivery on Fedex Ground truck to my office. Usual truck showed up...no phone. We always get only one Fedex delivery and always from the same branch with almost always the same driver. I called Fedex and they said must be on another truck. I doubt it. What a disappointment. Not sure what to do now.

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN
Just called *611 and it says pending shipment 10/05. Called 2 hours ago and was pending shipment by 9/23 Like it has been for 2 weeks. Seems like the JB orders have been pushed back. Website still showing 9/23 as it always has.

Just called again and it is say 9/23 again. Seriously need some consistency to their system.

Last edited:

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
Tracking # for 128 MB 7+ two days ago. Out for delivery on Fedex Ground truck to my office. Usual truck showed up...no phone. We always get only one Fedex delivery and always from the same branch with almost always the same driver. I called Fedex and they said must be on another truck. I doubt it. What a disappointment. Not sure what to do now.

I know at my office we always have one Fedex guy that delivers but anytime a phone has been delivered it has been a different guy. Maybe this will be the case and you will still get it.

ZeppeLedlin

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I ordered a 7+ 128Gb MB and a 7 128GB RG on 9/9, original ship date was 9/28, was moved to 9/30, this morning was moved back to 9/28 and now I can track shipping via Fed Ex due Tuesday!

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Just called *611 and it says pending shipment 10/05. Called 2 hours ago and was pending shipment by 9/23 Like it has been for 2 weeks. Seems like the JB orders have been pushed back. Website still showing 9/23 as it always has.

Just called and mine is still at 9/23, still hoping lol When did you order and what model

Mayajw

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014

Just checked *611 and I still have 9/23. I don't think the know what the hells going on.

Maryinsouthie

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2014
Minnesota
I ordered the same phone on 9/10 and they just tried to charge my CC last night. It declined so they reran it this morning. Should ship in a few days they told me. Hopefully you will see movement soon. I got an email from Verizon saying my order was processing which I already knew so look for that email. :)
[doublepost=1474655215][/doublepost]

Ok thanks!! I am so anxious and nervous because they tried to charge my card last night and it declined it. Just hoping it didn't mess anything up since they reran the card this morning. She told me it wouldn't but I still worry.
Just confirmed with Verizon my order ship date is 10/12. That's bull that someone who ordered a full day after is getting phone before me.

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
The directions in my boxes said to remove the SIM card before sending the phone. Hope I can find a youtube video to show me how to do that. LOL

Ha I had to YouTube that last year lol. Unfolded a paper clip and used the end to get the tray to open and the SIM card out. Mine didn't say it this time to remove it. Weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: kanga1622

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
Just confirmed with Verizon my order ship date is 10/12. That's bull that someone who ordered a full day after is getting phone before me.

Mine still said that when I talked to Verizon this morning but they told me it would ship within the next few days. I asked if my date was moved up from 10/12 and she said yes that they don't charge your CC until its preparing to ship. Maybe you will hear something soon!

Reactions: Maryinsouthie

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
Should be getting mine by 8pm today! It's noon currently

The anticipation is killing me!

(iPhone 7, 256GB in jet black)

raq0915

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Just a friendly PSA: It helps everyone else out if you tell us when the original ship date of your phone was so that way we can get a good idea on if our own phones will come early, late, or on time. Thanks!

miss.manson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2011
Georgia
Just spoke with vz. They said our order is pending shipment. Jb and mb 128. She said they just got in the phones. Whatever that means. Online acct still says processing but 611 says pending shipment. Hopefully a good sign!
Mine says pending shipment also..Has your CC been charged?

Edit: Meant to say that online it says processing, but 611 says pending shipment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.