Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dtrj787

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
I talked on the phone twice this morning, and I still don't have a solid answer other than it was supposed to ship yesterday 9/23. He said the good news is my order has not been rescheduled or pushed back. I keep pressing them on why there is no information about tracking, shipping etc. He said keep in mind that there are literally hundreds of pallets full of phones going out and they might not be scanned until they are at the shippers facility. I'm not sure if I buy all this but at the same time it doesn't seem practical for a driver to stand there and scan ever phone in a pallet while loading. Hoping I get some movement later today.

I work in the data management industry. We send and receive a lot of shipments. Each container is scanned because they are individually addressed. The tracking doesn't work if they are not scanned. There is a person or a team scanning as they load the trucks. The driver only scans once they get to wherever it is being delivered.

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Throwing my details into the ring.

Order:
256 MB 7+ on 9/12 11:58 AM
Original ship date 10/5

Card was charged yesterday and received tracking information this morning with a delivery of 9/27.
Throwing my details into the ring.

Order:
256 MB 7+ on 9/12 11:58 AM
Original ship date 10/5

Card was charged yesterday and received tracking information this morning with a delivery of 9/27.
Glad to hear some 256 MB 7+ are moving. I have the same model, ordered 9/14 conf 7:38 am, Delivery by 10/5. Haven't had any movement or card charge yet

AaronMD

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
Update on mine; As of this morning, in My Orders on the Verizon website, my expected ship date turned from 9/23 to the dreaded "We are working hard to complete your order. Unfortunately, it will not be shipped as originally scheduled. You will receive a shipment confirmation email when your order ships, which will include a new delivery date", even though last night when I talked to a rep, they said my order has been shipped out and it's on the way.... So I am now talking to a rep that says on their end, it shipped out and she gave me a tracking number and said it should be no later than Tuesday shipment....why wouldn't my CC be charged or any shipment information given to me?! :mad: I'm so confused....Then she just ended the conversation saying I should have it monday....on top of it all, is it true that your guys' tracking number is the same as your long preorder number?? o_O
I still have yet to see a CC charge or any updates after the VZW rep told me it should be out by 2 today... well 2 is in five minutes and I still haven't heard anything. I'd be less angry if they told us the truth and didn't confuse us every time we call.

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
Update on mine; As of this morning, in My Orders on the Verizon website, my expected ship date turned from 9/23 to the dreaded "We are working hard to complete your order. Unfortunately, it will not be shipped as originally scheduled. You will receive a shipment confirmation email when your order ships, which will include a new delivery date", even though last night when I talked to a rep, they said my order has been shipped out and it's on the way.... So I am now talking to a rep that says on their end, it shipped out and she gave me a tracking number and said it should be no later than Tuesday shipment....why wouldn't my CC be charged or any shipment information given to me?! :mad: I'm so confused....Then she just ended the conversation saying I should have it monday....on top of it all, is it true that your guys' tracking number is the same as your long preorder number?? o_O
That is crazy

Reactions: aj23xnyc

Doncisco88

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
Ordered 9/9/16 3:15am Pacific time.

Received tracking yesterday . Scheduled to be delievered Tuesday

128gb 7 plus jet black

Killa Aaron

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2011
Chicago
I just got off a 55 minute phone call with VZW and asked about my phone not shipping out yesterday, the lady i spoke with says it has shipped and I replied "how when I haven't been charged yet so how has it been shipped?", she puts me on hold for 20 whole minutes and she comes back telling me it was delayed and you should receive an email update during next week.o_O

I basically wasted my time only to receive the same canned statement that is currently displayed on our preorder pages on the web, her explanation was is simply :apple: didn't send them enough phones to fulfill 9/23 orders......whatever, why quote everyone 9/23 when you never had the phones to begin with Verizon?:confused:o_O:mad:

I'll be patient for one more week and if I don't have my jet black iPhone 7+ in my hands before 10/5 I'm canceling my service and taking my business elsewhere, this has been the worse iPhone release ever.

ButterflyBella

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
NY
Just got off the phone with VZW rep.... she said they have zero JB and zero pluses.... she also said that the stock apple promised to Verizon has yet to be delivered. I'm confused though because haven't a few people received their unicorns I mean JBs??? She then finally said absolutely do not count on getting your phone early. Wow, she was pretty much the grim reaper...

JB plus 128 ordered 9/9 3:19 EST am EDD 10/26

Reactions: jwalltheapple

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
For real though, for everyone that has a tracking number handy, is your tracking number the same as your long preorder number on the original confirmation email??

crez42

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
For real though, for everyone that has a tracking number handy, is your tracking number the same as your long preorder number on the original confirmation email??

No, the reference number is as follows for FedEx: [Location Code]_000[Order Number].
I.e., N123456_000123456

acm1108

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2013
My package made it to my city as of 450am today. What are the chances I get it today? No updates via UPS other than Arrival scan with no estimated delivery date.

bobsbbq

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
I just got off a 55 minute phone call with VZW and asked about my phone not shipping out yesterday, the lady i spoke with says it has shipped and I replied "how when I haven't been charged yet so how has it been shipped?", she puts me on hold for 20 whole minutes and she comes back telling me it was delayed and you should receive an email update during next week.o_O

I basically wasted my time only to receive the same canned statement that is currently displayed on our preorder pages on the web, her explanation was is simply :apple: didn't send them enough phones to fulfill 9/23 orders......whatever, why quote everyone 9/23 when you never had the phones to begin with Verizon?:confused:o_O:mad:

I'll be patient for one more week and if I don't have my jet black iPhone 7+ in my hands before 10/5 I'm canceling my service and taking my business elsewhere, this has been the worse iPhone release ever.
I'm praying mine was sent out or is being sent out today. My vzw page still says processing and doesn't have that message. Very disappointed in this preorder.

crez42

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
So your order has been delayed

No, I was charged last night and have a delivery scheduled for Tuesday.
7+ JB 128 GB
Chicago
Confirmation at +0:18
Email initially said 10/5 then switched to 9/23 later that morning on 9/9.

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
No, the reference number is as follows for FedEx: [Location Code]_000[Order Number].
I.e., N123456_000123456

Thank you! Is that "N" at the beginning on everyones?? It can't find any results :( I put N(LocationCode)_000(7 digit order number from email). Is there a 6 digit one somewhere??

crez42

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Thank you! Is that "N" at the beginning on everyones??

I can't say for sure yes, but quite possibly everyone's location code starts with "N" as it may reference "North America." Location code is in the confirmation email as "Order Location"

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
I can't say for sure yes, but quite possibly everyone's location code starts with "N" as it may reference "North America." Location code is in the confirmation email as "Order Location"

Should my order # be 7 digits or 6?? My order number below my preorder number in my confirmation email is 7 digits...

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Just got off the phone with Verizon order support dept. I told him how my date has changed from 10/05 to 10/26 and how others are getting orders before mine. He said "based off time/ date you ordered ( 9/9 12:30am ) you will have your order delivered by 10/05"

Basically the 10/26 date is invalid that has been showing up on my order status. He asked if I had received any update or change notifications and when I said no, he said then 10/05 is your date. Phones are being shipped as soon as they become available. Depends on color/model/gb.

I really hope 10/05 is my date at this point. It's what my email confirmation says.

Reactions: jwalltheapple

crez42

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Should my order # be 7 digits or 6?? My order number below my preorder number in my confirmation email is 7 digits...

I first saw my tracking information this morning (10 hours after charge) via FedEx delivery manager, then 2 hours later via their email and Big Red finally about 12 hours after initial charge. Viewing the Order Status page JSON info might show you more detail: requires Chrome and using the developer tools.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.