Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
That sucks, i see that you got your order in 18 min after the pre-orders started. Either JB was a REALLY popular color choice or Apple just didn't make enough to meet initial demand. I'm going to guess the latter

Order support chat is trying to tell me no JB are being shipped....backorder

So I thanked her for her time and got off the phone----they are clueless and I knew it.

I looking forward to seeing some slick pictures of the jet black no one comes back to the thread after they get their phone....lol

Reactions: ksujoel

DarkCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2013
About half of the apple stores in southern california have 32gb matte black 7Plus in stock. 256gb are super rare, and the 128gb are close to non existent.

Which makes it so frustrating that my pre order through Verizon is taking so long :(..

I don't trust going into the store and being able to keep my unlimited data. The way I went through online and it did it I was able to keep my unlimited data. I know for sure if I go into the store they will screw it up somehow and probably on purpose.

Edit: Just checked and there's no Verizon iPhone 7+ MB 32 GB remotely close to me. The only one I found is a 256 and I don't need that lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Olivia23

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Okay, I'm trying to reserve a spot at my apple store but it says I already have an order in progress (my preorder). How do i get past this? Also, what do I select? Pay full retail and return it in store for DPP with VZW??
Multiple reports that you can select DPP with Verizon when you purchase the phone at the Apple store. I don't know how to get past the already reserved thing.

amoore927

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Order support chat is trying to tell me no JB are being shipped....backorder

So I thanked her for her time and got off the phone----they are clueless and I knew it.

I looking forward to seeing some slick pictures of the jet black no one comes back to the thread after they get their phone....lol
Ya I'm awaiting a call back from a supervisor. My ship date was yesterday and their system says 10/5. They better fix this!

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
That sucks, i see that you got your order in 18 min after the pre-orders started. Either JB was a REALLY popular color choice or Apple just didn't make enough to meet initial demand. I'm going to guess the latter
That's not true, Apple will hook you up with the Verizon payment plan. They won't let you out of the store until they have verified your account with Verizon.

tehBrad

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2011
7+ 128 JB Update :14 9/9
my cc was charged last night and I got my tracking number email today, arriving Tuesday!

Last edited:

npk32

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
JB 7+ 128 confirmation email rec'd 9/9 at 3:14 AM EST - my original ship date was 9/23 and my credit card was charged tonight. The pre-order site has changed to "sent to the warehouse for shipment."

Just checked the preorder site and it looks like my phone was picked up by FedEx this morning with a 9/27 scheduled delivery. I still haven't received any notification from Verizon though.

bobsbbq

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
Ya I'm awaiting a call back from a supervisor. My ship date was yesterday and their system says 10/5. They better fix this!
I talked on the phone twice this morning, and I still don't have a solid answer other than it was supposed to ship yesterday 9/23. He said the good news is my order has not been rescheduled or pushed back. I keep pressing them on why there is no information about tracking, shipping etc. He said keep in mind that there are literally hundreds of pallets full of phones going out and they might not be scanned until they are at the shippers facility. I'm not sure if I buy all this but at the same time it doesn't seem practical for a driver to stand there and scan ever phone in a pallet while loading. Hoping I get some movement later today.

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
Well it's Saturday and I'm still stuck at f****** processing ,no card charge and no movement for my JB 7+ 9/23 ship by 10/5 deliver by, I will surely be calling VZW to see what the hell is the darn problem I'm fed up with this processing rubish.
Me too. I'm still processing for 10/5.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
That's not true, Apple will hook you up with the Verizon payment plan. They won't let you out of the store until they have verified your account with Verizon.

It's true the reservation link is for IUP only - your success is based in the Manager/store/ genius

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/23/iphone-7-reservations-restricted-to-iup/

I don't have the energy to have a fight or have a fit in a store for you to take my $969 plus Cali taxes

So I'm left waiting - someone with IUP in the Bay Area there is a Matte black 256 gb waiting for u

I was smart enough to not cancel my Verizon order - I was going to add a line for the Matte Black

Reactions: S_Anderson

ibehnam

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
San Francisco, CA
7+ JB 256 has shipped!
Ordered on 9/9 at 12:21 AM (PT)

Service FedEx 2Day
CC charge: Fri 9/23 8:00 pm (PT)
Actual pick up: Sat 9/24 6:08 am (PT)
Scheduled delivery: Tue 9/27

After my Verizon gift card charged I asked Verizon chat about the shipping information and He said can't see the charge and the estimated ship is still 9/28!!!!
So, Verizon reps can't help other than what You already know.

Last edited:

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I wonder if location trumps time ordered - I'm in California so the JB 256 7+ could be headed east maybe?

I was told that too the device I ordered is back ordered

Two Stacks

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
New Orleans
it's amazing to me that people can't wait a few weeks for a phone.

Especially when people have been through pre orders for years and know how unpredictable they are.

I had 9/23 in cart, then 9/28 by the time i was all done. I will get my phone a day early. I wouldn't have minded waiting because I need a case or two, and a back protector.

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

Hpdrifter

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Drifting wastelands of NJ
7+ JB 256 ordered 9/9 3:24am EST. Original ship date 9/28.... just got email... it's shipped! Says delivery by Tuesday..its was picked up Weat Chester so it's only 45 minutes away! Should be a Monday delivery..But I'm happy it's on it's way!

_adrian

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Update:
Got tracking information. Should be delivered Tuesday.
JB+ 128
Originality ship date 10/5

MB82

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
Throwing my details into the ring.

Order:
256 MB 7+ on 9/12 11:58 AM
Original ship date 10/5

Card was charged yesterday and received tracking information this morning with a delivery of 9/27.

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

Thenicknology

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Sterling Heights, MI
Ok guys.. I got off the phone with a lady at VZW.. She didn't sound like she know anything at all. I asked when my phone was going to ship, if it was 10/5 or 10/12. She says my phone will ship on 10/5, and two day delivery will get it to me on 10/7, by 8pm. But it sounded like she was just guessing. Possibility for it to ship early. I also asked when they would charge my card, and she says "You haven't been charged already?" I told her no, but that they placed an authorization on my card for a few days, now its gone. She then said I accepted to T&C when ordering and that I shouldve been charged. I told her i put my CC info in, but then she said it "probably" got billed to the account on file, and not my card.

Seriously, what the frack, Verizon.. Every time its a new story..

ButterflyBella

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
NY
it's amazing to me that people can't wait a few weeks for a phone.

Especially when people have been through pre orders for years and know how unpredictable they are.

I had 9/23 in cart, then 9/28 by the time i was all done. I will get my phone a day early. I wouldn't have minded waiting because I need a case or two, and a back protector.
Hey now!!! This is supposed to be a safe haven to unleash our full crazy hahaha

Dutchmaster302

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
My Verizon JB story:

I ordered 4x iPhone 7+ 128gb Jet black from verizon 3:17am EST 9/09. All of the phones were purchased in 1 order full price.

I originally received 10/05 ship date. About 1 week ago I checked my verizon page to be pleasantly surprised with a change to 9/23 ship date. Not long after the 9/23 date appeared it disappeared without a trace. I called verizon yesterday to be told by my rep that the phone would ship 10/5 and that she saw both dates in the system but 10/5 was correct.

Obviously I was pretty upset about this. To make matters worse, someone had gotten a hold of my credit card number used on iphone order and began racking up charges. I made the tough decision to cancel the card fully knowing it may jeopordize my iphone order. Last year, by the time Verizon charged me for my iphone pre order I was 2 dollars short on remaining credit on my credit card and they simply canceled my order. This year they sent me an email asking me to update payment method.

I received the email this morning, updated my payment method within minutes of receiving the message. Low and behold I dialed *611 about an hour after updating payment info and I was informed my phone would be shipping today and be delivered in 2 days! So much for 10/5....

That being said yes Verizon could've handled orders better this year, but NO I will not order from apple next year. Everyone has their own reasons but in my opinion ordering from Verizon is still the way to go.

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Update on mine; As of this morning, in My Orders on the Verizon website, my expected ship date turned from 9/23 to the dreaded "We are working hard to complete your order. Unfortunately, it will not be shipped as originally scheduled. You will receive a shipment confirmation email when your order ships, which will include a new delivery date", even though last night when I talked to a rep, they said my order has been shipped out and it's on the way.... So I am now talking to a rep that says on their end, it shipped out and she gave me a tracking number and said it should be no later than Tuesday shipment....why wouldn't my CC be charged or any shipment information given to me?! :mad: I'm so confused....Then she just ended the conversation saying I should have it monday....on top of it all, is it true that your guys' tracking number is the same as your long preorder number?? o_O

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.