Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JeepGirl06

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Several people have stated that that's not true, that they've purchased their phone at an apple store, then walked into the Verizon store and turned in the old phone.

I can confirm this!! Just did it on Wednesday!! :) But I just saw on the home page that they are no longer allowing it since yesterday? Guess I just slipped in there in the nick of time ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thenicknology

tennisboygr

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
Got the text confirmation and credit card charge last night. Hopefully this means that sometime next week I'll have a new MB+ 256g in hand!

Reactions: kstclaire

isteal

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2012
USA
Just got off the phone with VZW about my 128gb JB 7+. They claim its still going to ship today. I questioned that as it's already 10pm EST, and they said yep, just keep checking, and it will update some point thru the night. Here's hoping...

Confirmation at 12:21 with original deliver by date of 10/5, ship date of 9/23.
Now that Verizon has updated the order to "sorry we lied, and we have no idea when your order is going to ship", does anyone think Verizon will offer compensation for failing to meet shipping dates, like Best Buy & Target?

trevoclark

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
256 JB Plus charged 9/23, FedEx shipping label created today (found using the order location + order number method as reference number, eg W123456_000123456). ETA 9/27.

Reactions: kstclaire

Dancezwitwolves

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
How do people that preorderd the JB 128 plus 2 days after me have an earlier ship date than me? :-/ I ordered 9/9 with a ship date of 11/16 smh. It's like there's no order.

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
Just want to update everyone. My phone has shipped. Should be here Tuesday. My original ship by date was 10/12. I ordered the 7+ 128 GB Rose Gold. I've never been so excited to get an email in my life. Especially after my CC was originally declined and Verizon reran it.

AaronMD

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
I just got off the phone with Verizon. The rep told me "oh that's odd, it was supposed to ship yesterday." He told me that it was in the warehouse being prepared for shipment, and that I should get a confirmation email by 2 PM today and gave me a location code as well as a new order number. I'm confused about the order number he gave me through since it's only five digits. Where do I use this to look information up about the order?

EDIT: I just realized that the order number he gave me is the same one that's in my email. I don't understand why we have these since we use the confirmation to see updates.

Last edited:

mdx001

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2015
holy cow, chill out people. It's just a phone and its not that much different than last years model. Apple likes to get everyone worked up so they can sell more phones. If you put this new phone in a case most people can't even tell you have a new phone unless you tell them. You Yell at Verizon but you should be yelling at Apple they control the pipeline. Everybody gets so caught up in this. I have one on order with a 9/28 date and if it gets here fine but if its delayed no big deal, life will go on.

DarkCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2013
Anyone with a iPhone + MB 32GB still processing that ordered on 9/9 with a 10/5 delivery date?

I'm getting impatient now.

Thenicknology

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Sterling Heights, MI
According to the fine print.......it only has to be purchased on a verizon payment plan of some sort. Not the apple payment plan. I purchased my phone physically from an apple store today and was able to select the 24 month verizon payment plan. That option isn't available if you preorder from apple online, has to be an in store reservation purchase.

I think we're getting confused bc Apple will not match the trade in credit in-house. I think they tell them "no" as in apple won't take the phone in for $650 directly, it has to be taken to VZW. Just to clarify. (That's what it sounds like to me)

isteal

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2012
USA
After 53 minutes on the phone with Verizon this morning, they told me that my 128 gb JB 7+ and 128 gb MB 7 was delayed from 9/23 to 9/30. They continuously blamed Apple for delay. She claimed she called apple to get the new ship date (which I'm not entirely sure I believe). After speaking with a supervisor about compensation she offered me a $20 bill credit which I explained was not enough, so she offered an additional $50. So $70 credit for the delay. Not bad, but not near as much as the target and Best Buy offers for $100 per device they delayed. Still pretty pissed, but not a thing I can do now. Not like I can go somewhere else quicker.

Thenicknology

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Sterling Heights, MI
Did you get to that page by first selecting your phone # in My Verizon, and then a trade-in option? I guess I don't see the option because none of the lines are in a new DPP.

Basically what VZ told me: If you didn't select the option to trade in when you preordered, you have to wait until you get your 7 and it's active on the account. Then, you hit trade in old device and it recognizes you now have the 7 for the promo credit.

Ankii1996

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
I got my iPhone 7 plus with the 650$ trade in deal
Can anybody tell me how to apply to recieve that trade in box I didn't get any box to return my 6s ..?

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
I just got off the phone with Verizon. The rep told me "oh that's odd, it was supposed to ship yesterday." He told me that it was in the warehouse being prepared for shipment, and that I should get a confirmation email by 2 PM today and gave me a location code as well as a new order number. I'm confused about the order number he gave me through since it's only five digits. Where do I use this to look information up about the order?

EDIT: I just realized that the order number he gave me is the same one that's in my email. I don't understand why we have these since we use the confirmation to see updates.

This is information I received last night, but my CC still hasn't been charged and no changes on the order status, still processing for 9/23...hopefully we get something today then!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.