Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

futurist101

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Los Angeles
any 10/12 getting charged????:(
Not yet.

I'm not sure why Verizon doesn't allow us to purchase the phone through the Apple store to take advantage of the $650 trade-in promo offer. They don't have a stock of new iPhone 7/7+ they need to get rid of and you are still locked in for 24 months to get the full trade-in credits no matter where the phone is purchased.

Mayajw

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2014
My order just disappeared on the Pre Order page. First time I've seen this. Is a change coming???

7+ 128 JB 12:22 PT order

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Not yet.

I'm not sure why Verizon doesn't allow us to purchase the phone through the Apple store to take advantage of the $650 trade-in promo offer. They don't have a stock of new iPhone 7/7+ they need to get rid of and you are still locked in for 24 months to get the full trade-in credits no matter where the phone is purchased.
They do. There have been multiple posts on here that people have done just that, they purchase their phone at Apple then take their phone to a Verizon store.

Reactions: futurist101

Thenicknology

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
Sterling Heights, MI
They do. There have been multiple posts on here that people have done just that, they purchase their phone at Apple then take their phone to a Verizon store.

I'm confused as to why people are saying you can't do this then. Unless it literally varies by the VZW associate you talk to. Honestly I will never go see them if I don't have to, they are all cluessless and they'll all GIVE a different answer.

Meliodas

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
Time for me to chime in again. Just checked my order and at some point unbeknownst to me since I was at work it has been "sent to warehouse for shipment" with an expected shipping date of 9/23. Estimated date was 9/28. I was charged around 6:23pm according to my card's activity page. JB 7 Plus 256 GB.

Reactions: kstclaire

futurist101

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Los Angeles

I'm confused as to why people are saying you can't do this then. Unless it literally varies by the VZW associate you talk to. Honestly I will never go see them if I don't have to, they are all cluessless and they'll all GIVE a different answer.

The chat rep I originally placed my order with stated I had to purchase the phone from Verizon in order to get the $650 promo credit. I just did another chat and told them what you said and was informed this it IS possible to get the $650 promo credit even if I buy from Apple. They said I had to make sure a Verizon rep was at the Apple store and approved the promo offer for me.

I'm going to try and see if I can get this done. The info is greatly appreciated!!

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
I have found that to be true as well. I never go to a Verizon store for my products. But we have had multiple posts here and people have even laid it out step by step how to do it.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
I just did another chat and told them what you said and was informed this it IS possible to get the $650 promo credit even if I buy from Apple. They said I had to make sure a Verizon rep was at the Apple store and approved the promo offer for me.
Hahahahahaha, lol!!! No, those chat reps are idiots in India. They are just making **** up. They have no effing idea how it works in the US.

Just buy on a Verizon financed DPP and you qualify. Doesn't matter where you buy from as long as it is a Verizon financed DPP where the installments are going to be on your Verizon bill. Can't be on CitizensOne financing. Has to be Verizon installment plan.

Reactions: kstclaire

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
The chat rep I originally placed my order with stated I had to purchase the phone from Verizon in order to get the $650 promo credit. I just did another chat and told them what you said and was informed this it IS possible to get the $650 promo credit even if I buy from Apple. They said I had to make sure a Verizon rep was at the Apple store and approved the promo offer for me.

I'm going to try and see if I can get this done. The info is greatly appreciated!!
There is no such thing as a Verizon rep at an Apple store. Can you imagine what that would look like if there was a rep from each carrier? When you talk to the Apple rep, just tell him what you want and they will tell you how to do it. You can search through these posts, there have been several recent ones of people doing just what you are wanting. Apple will verify that you have a Verizon account before they will sell you the phone.
[doublepost=1474698416][/doublepost]

I just put 650 in the search for this thread and it brought up all the posts for people that have done just what you are asking.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
There is no such thing as a Verizon rep at an Apple store. Can you imagine what that would look like if there was a rep from each carrier? When you talk to the Apple rep, just tell him what you want and they will tell you how to do it. You can search through these posts, there have been several recent ones of people doing just what you are wanting. Apple will verify that you have a Verizon account before they will sell you the phone.
[doublepost=1474698416][/doublepost]
I just put 650 in the search for this thread and it brought up all the posts for people that have done just what you are asking.

Problem is, until people start getting that $27.08 off their bill every month it's kind of hard to believe it all to be real.

Not that I don't trust the people saying they did it. I don't trust the Verizon associates saying it can be done and supposedly setting it up for people...

Reactions: Grumpydude

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
My Dad's 32GB MB 7+ just arrived at our local UPS location, however it's not expected to be delivered until Monday.

Is it possible to go to the UPS location this weekend and have them release the package? Or must they attempt a delivery first?

mcurrys07

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2011
FYI, made a resvervation at my local Apple Store too pick up a MB plus 128gb... the rep told me they couldn't match the $650 promo code.. he even brought up the fine print on the deal.. it clearly says Apple is excluded but yet Best Buy and target are fair game.. of course none of them have any stock...doesn't make sense to me but Verizon sucks to begin with.. left without the iPhone .. the trip home was made easier though when I got a text from Verizon saying my order was being prepared for shipment! Ordered it 9/9 at 2am.. confirmation at 2:17am... MB7plus128gb... original ship by date 10/5... it's is now being delivered 9/27!!!!! Sweet! Hope that gives some 10/5 ppl some hope

Killa Aaron

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2011
Chicago
Well it's Saturday and I'm still stuck at f****** processing ,no card charge and no movement for my JB 7+ 9/23 ship by 10/5 deliver by, I will surely be calling VZW to see what the hell is the darn problem I'm fed up with this processing rubish.

Last edited:

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Well it's Saturday and I'm still stuck at f****** processing ,no card charge and no movement for my JB 7+ 9/23 ship by 10/5 deliver by, I will surely be calling VZW to see what the hell is the darn problem I'm fed up with this processing rubish.

You are not alone....I wasnt charged either - Verizon dont want me to have my phone...

Reactions: Krissy_21

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Expected ship date on JB 7 plus 128gb 9/23.
Just checked status and it says "We are working hard to complete your order. Unfortunately, it will not be shipped as originally scheduled. You will receive a shipment confirmation email when your order ships, which will include a new delivery date."

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH VERIZON.:mad:

FmaxTurboSi

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
socal
FYI, made a resvervation at my local Apple Store too pick up a MB plus 128gb... the rep told me they couldn't match the $650 promo code.. he even brought up the fine print on the deal.. it clearly says Apple is excluded but yet Best Buy and target are fair game.. of course none of them have any stock...doesn't make sense to me but Verizon sucks to begin with.. left without the iPhone .. the trip home was made easier though when I got a text from Verizon saying my order was being prepared for shipment! Ordered it 9/9 at 2am.. confirmation at 2:17am... MB7plus128gb... original ship by date 10/5... it's is now being delivered 9/27!!!!! Sweet! Hope that gives some 10/5 ppl some hope

According to the fine print.......it only has to be purchased on a verizon payment plan of some sort. Not the apple payment plan. I purchased my phone physically from an apple store today and was able to select the 24 month verizon payment plan. That option isn't available if you preorder from apple online, has to be an in store reservation purchase.

amoore927

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Expected ship date on JB 7 plus 128gb 9/23.
Just checked status and it says "We are working hard to complete your order. Unfortunately, it will not be shipped as originally scheduled. You will receive a shipment confirmation email when your order ships, which will include a new delivery date."
Yes I got this too! Idk what to think

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH VERIZON.:mad:

Killa Aaron

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2011
Chicago
Ok now I'm officially enragedo_O:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, Customer service is getting hit at 8:00 on the dot in the morning I demand answers and not a f****** run around. That 9/23 ship date has been staring at me for 2 weeks and now nothing? pfft:confused::mad::mad:
Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 3.07.58 AM.png

Reactions: DIGGDEEP
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.