Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
I pre-ordered a Jet Black 128gb 7, and a Rose Gold 128gb 7 plus on 9/11 online with Verizon. My expected ship date is 10/19.

I know demand has been very high especially on these two models, but 5 weeks seems like a really long wait time. Is it, or is that normal?
I think you are doing pretty well since you ordered 2 days after the first pre-order day. You got a better date than I did!

amoore927

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Order still hasn't processed and today is my ship day. Vz chat can't help or give any advice other than what I already know. Very frustrated right now.

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
They really need to fix this whole preorder thing.... They should only allow enough pre-orders for those that would be able to be shipped for launch and not allow anyone else to order until the sale start date. Either that or not have any in stores until all pre-orders have been fulfilled.
I agree that they need to do something different. It seems with each new product/color they should know it's going to be the "gotta have" product and they should prepare for that. I realize they had to get in step with those that are on the plans that allow them to buy a new phone each year so that kind of determines when they need to make the new models available. But I also think they need to do something to better meet the demands. They know we are fiends, they should just give us our damn phones. :)

FanStalin

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2016
I called and they told me that on their end our phones (Me and my dad's) should be at the warehouse by tomorrow (Saturday) ready to ship. I REALLY WANT TO BELIEVE THEM. (In Maryland btw)

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
All I want to know is how in the world did I get a 10/26 shipping date when I got confirmation email at 12:19 am 9/9 JB+128gb makes no sense at all this will be the last preorder through verizon just horrible. Truly happy that you guys are getting some movement at least.
I got the same thing. I hear people ordering before and after me with a much better delivery date. I keep checking Verizon through the website and live chat hoping to get a better date and it is stuck on 10/26. I would like to know what conditions needed to be met before they approved our phones.
[doublepost=1474688391][/doublepost]
Well I finally received my phones today and now they won't activate. Verizon tells me there is a rare IT error with the device payment plan going through on my account and I will have to wait till Monday for them to fix it. Talk about frustrating...
Have you tried the link on My Verizon to activate the phone?

bobsbbq

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
Order still hasn't processed and today is my ship day. Vz chat can't help or give any advice other than what I already know. Very frustrated right now.
Same thing here, they have told me for 2days it was shipping today and now nothing. Just got off the phone and they can't tell me anything but it is still processing. They say it is still going to ship today, lol I said it is 10:30 pm either it has been shipped or it isn't. They have given me a 15.00 credit and I will wait to see what happens in the morning.

jwalltheapple

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
Tub of rocky road ice cream and narcos for me while I check my verizon, this thread,and my bank account every 5 minutes. Goodnight over this already have a good one and May we all be blessed with movement
-Jwall signing off.

amoore927

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
Well my ship date has come and gone and no shipment took place. Charlie on vz chat told me to call in tomorrow and request overnight shipment. He assured me they have all phones now. Smh I would be at Apple when they opened but they don't have what I want...frustrating

twrule

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Lakeland, Florida
I preordered a Jet Black 128GB iPhone 7 Plus through the Verizon website. I received my email confirmation at 3:18 AM on 09/09/16. The emailed confirmation showed a delivery date of 10/05/16. When checking the order status the next day using the link in the email confirmation, it showed a shipping date of 09/23/16. My credit card was ran today(09/23/16), but I haven't received any shipping information yet.

USMC_0352

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
I called and they told me that on their end our phones (Me and my dad's) should be at the warehouse by tomorrow (Saturday) ready to ship. I REALLY WANT TO BELIEVE THEM. (In Maryland btw)

Spoke with Verizon today on the phone, I went through 3 levels of management until I got a manager over east coast customer service. He said Apple saved face because their iPhone upgrade members, preorders messed up. So they put those preorders ahead of everyone else, the extra phones they used to fill the void for those members were the iPhone reserved for carriers.

So basically Verizon AT&T & Tmobile etc all got hundreds of thousands of customers giving them backlash when in reality Apple just screwed everyone.
[doublepost=1474691826][/doublepost]
So.. my card was charged!! How long after do I get some kind of shipping notification?
I've seen it range from 12-24 hours after CC charge,

Reactions: Doncisco88

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Spoke with Verizon today on the phone, I went through 3 levels of management until I got a manager over east coast customer service. He said Apple saved face because their iPhone upgrade members, preorders messed up. So they put those preorders ahead of everyone else, the extra phones they used to fill the void for those members were the iPhone reserved for carriers.

So basically Verizon AT&T & Tmobile etc all got hundreds of thousands of customers giving them backlash when in reality Apple just screwed everyone.
[doublepost=1474691826][/doublepost]
I've seen it range from 12-24 hours after CC charge,
You can go read the posts for Apple pre-orders and see they are also not getting their phones any quicker than we are. I read an article somewhere that discussed how the phones were divvied up and it came down to percentages based on current customer base and expected sales vs available stock on-hand. The phone orders that are getting filled the quickest are the colors that are not as popular such as Rose Gold. Everyone is screwed on the jet black. However, according to the news, production for those phones was increased and orders will be filled sooner rather than later. We chose to go through our phone carrier therefore we accepted that they are a secondary retailer, Apple would obviously get first dibs on their own product.
Next time I'll purchase directly through Apple, there seems to be an obvious delay when purchasing through a carrier.

dturner123

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I gave up on my pre order and cancelled it. I saw a Matte Black 7+ 128 GB available for pick up at my local Apple Store. I rushed and grabbed so I'll be picking it up in the afternoon.

npk32

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
JB 7+ 128 confirmation email rec'd 9/9 at 3:14 AM EST - my original ship date was 9/23 and my credit card was charged tonight. The pre-order site has changed to "sent to the warehouse for shipment."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.