Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngaham

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2011
128 JB 7+ Ordered from Verizon on 9/9 @ 0310 - Received confirmation email at 0315.

Card charged: 9/23/2016 around 2030
Tracking Received: 9/24/2015 @ 0830
Scheduled Delivery: Tuesday (Indiana)

Reactions: JEboomin

bobsbbq

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
My order number is a 6 digit number and the location is 7 digit alphanumeric (N+6 numbers).
My location code is only numbers 1456801 and my order number is 7 numbers. Are you sure it has to have the underscore between the two?

crez42

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
My location code is only numbers 1456801 and my order number is 7 numbers. Are you sure it has to have the underscore between the two?

I would try: 1456801_00[Order Number]. Reference number typically would just be a function of data sent to FedEx for additional tracking: [7 character Location Code]_[9 character Order Number filled with '0's at the beginning].

Reactions: NewbornBliss

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
3rd and final Rep I'm talking to just went from "it should be on the way" to saying "all iPhone 7 Plus 128gb Jet Black orders with ship date of 9/23 have been delayed", but obviously that isn't true since some of you are getting tracking info with the same device. I'm so done with Verizon after this year. I literally am back to square one with no knowledge of where my phone is and when it will be arriving. This sucks.

futurist101

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Los Angeles
According to the fine print.......it only has to be purchased on a verizon payment plan of some sort. Not the apple payment plan. I purchased my phone physically from an apple store today and was able to select the 24 month verizon payment plan. That option isn't available if you preorder from apple online, has to be an in store reservation purchase.

I have now been told directly by Verizon associates (from 2 different locations) that I will not get the full $650 credit if I purchase the phone from the Apple store. The associates said that even if the phone is purchased using the 24-month Verizon payment plan the full credit will NOT be applied unless I purchase through Verizon (online or at their store). I informed them that other customers had already done this and they told me to take my chances but no guarantee would be made. Whatever trade value rings up in their system is what they would give me.

This is just not worth the hassle. I'll wait.

Reactions: justinTlME

twrule

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
Lakeland, Florida
I preordered a Jet Black 128GB iPhone 7 Plus through the Verizon website. I received my email confirmation at 3:18 AM on 09/09/16. The emailed confirmation showed a delivery date of 10/05/16. When checking the order status the next day using the link in the email confirmation, it showed a shipping date of 09/23/16. My credit card was ran yesterday(09/23/16). I received the shipping confirmation this morning(09/24/16) at 11:15 AM with a schedule delivery of Tuesday, 09/27/2016 by 8:00 PM.

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
I preordered a Jet Black 128GB iPhone 7 Plus through the Verizon website. I received my email confirmation at 3:18 AM on 09/09/16. The emailed confirmation showed a delivery date of 10/05/16. When checking the order status the next day using the link in the email confirmation, it showed a shipping date of 09/23/16. My credit card was ran yesterday(09/23/16). I received the shipping confirmation this morning(09/24/16) at 11:15 AM with a schedule delivery of Tuesday, 09/27/2016 by 8:00 PM.

I was a minute past you. And I'm stuck in this abyss of nobody knowing where my phone is. I have no idea how Verizon gets away with this crap. I am now supposed to "wait for an email with an updated shipping date", but of course, they don't know when that email will arrive.

Juanybravo

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
This is too much to get my mind off of waiting what cases are you guys getting or are you not using a case

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Reactions: Killa Aaron

KawaiiKitsune13

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
This is too much to get my mind off of waiting what cases are you guys getting or are you not using a case

I got custom cases from Skinit

Attachments

• IMG_3169.JPG
    IMG_3169.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 148

mbern1008

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2013
It's true the reservation link is for IUP only - your success is based in the Manager/store/ genius

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/23/iphone-7-reservations-restricted-to-iup/

I don't have the energy to have a fight or have a fit in a store for you to take my $969 plus Cali taxes

So I'm left waiting - someone with IUP in the Bay Area there is a Matte black 256 gb waiting for u

I was smart enough to not cancel my Verizon order - I was going to add a line for the Matte Black
I was not aware of this when I reserved this morning. Took a 2 hour drive. spent a half hour with them fighting with them until they did their magic and let me buy it. It should be in big print on the reservation page that it is for IUP only

Reactions: kstclaire

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016

We bought Otterbox Defender cases for our phones. Might be a bit overkill but my kids have dropped our 5s phones a million times in our Otterboxes and there are only a few scuffs on the cases and the phones are pristine. This way I don't panic if my 3 year old decides to knock my phone off the table. Absolutely worth my piece of mind.

mbern1008

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2013
never used a case before, was thinking if it when I had the JB on Preorder but now that I have the MB, back to no case

dporter15

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2013
Sorry if this has been asked guys. I am curious as to when the phone ships for me and they say my credit card will be charged what am I actually going to be charged? I preordered with Verizon doing that $650 deal. I did the 256 GB iPhone 7 plus. So obviously I know there's the remainder of the phone I have to pay off but I Believe the rep said that when your phone is ready to ship and they charge your card you're only paying the sales tax. Is this correct?

mbern1008

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2013
for us it was sales tax and $20 upgrade fee. Then you will pay full price monthly payments for 2-3 months. Then they will back credit you for those months, then it is a wash for the remainder of the 2 years..... What they fail to tell most people is if you want to upgrade next year you will still be responsible for the balance.

Reactions: dporter15

Bala0509

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
Throwing my details into the ring.

Order:
256 MB 7+ on 9/12 11:58 AM
Original ship date 10/5

Card was charged yesterday and received tracking information this morning with a delivery of 9/27.
wow I ordered days before you for the exact same phone and I am processing with no information.
would be interesting to understand how this order thing works these days

dporter15

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2013
for us it was sales tax and $20 upgrade fee. Then you will pay full price monthly payments for 2-3 months. Then they will back credit you for those months, then it is a wash for the remainder of the 2 years..... What they fail to tell most people is if you want to upgrade next year you will still be responsible for the balance.

Thanks! That's what I was figuring it was. After all this is said and done I'll still owe them a little over $300 towards the phone. Figured anytime I had a little extra money I'll try to knock that down a little bit

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
I have now been told directly by Verizon associates (from 2 different locations) that I will not get the full $650 credit if I purchase the phone from the Apple store. The associates said that even if the phone is purchased using the 24-month Verizon payment plan the full credit will NOT be applied unless I purchase through Verizon (online or at their store). I informed them that other customers had already done this and they told me to take my chances but no guarantee would be made. Whatever trade value rings up in their system is what they would give me.

This is just not worth the hassle. I'll wait.

Don't know about Apple, but whether you go through VZW direct or Best Buy...you can still get the 650 trade in thing. I work at BBY and I literally put the 650 trade in promo in the promo guide binder in my dept.

Some of the carrier sales people just may not know. Had a Verizon sales rep tell a customer that she could buy a screen cover from them and then we (at BBY) could put it on for her...free of charge, at that
[doublepost=1474754100][/doublepost]Anybody know how to get Verizon's live chat working? It used to work but now, not so much

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Please reply :/
Get on verizon chat and ask them to send you one.
[doublepost=1474754181][/doublepost]
Don't know about Apple, but whether you go through VZW direct or Best Buy...you can still get the 650 trade in thing. I work at BBY and I literally put the 650 trade in promo in the promo guide binder in my dept.

Some of the carrier sales people just may not know. Had a Verizon sales rep tell a customer that she could buy a screen cover from them and then we (at BBY) could put it on for her...free of charge, at that
[doublepost=1474754100][/doublepost]Anybody know how to get Verizon's live chat working? It used to work but now, not so much
Multiple people have commented in this thread that they indeed purchased the phone at the Apple store and took their phone to a Verizon store and got the $650.
[doublepost=1474754331][/doublepost]
Sorry if this has been asked guys. I am curious as to when the phone ships for me and they say my credit card will be charged what am I actually going to be charged? I preordered with Verizon doing that $650 deal. I did the 256 GB iPhone 7 plus. So obviously I know there's the remainder of the phone I have to pay off but I Believe the rep said that when your phone is ready to ship and they charge your card you're only paying the sales tax. Is this correct?
If you are on the Verizon payment plan you will be charged $20 upgrade fee and the tax. That's it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.