Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KStout2013

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
PA
For those with billing address vs CC issues, if you follow that link to put in your preorder number and last name and get order status, it gives you an option to update your payment method. I did that because I accidentally used my CC and the account is in my husband's name...same billing address, but since I'm still processing, I figured it can't hurt to be 100% sure the ENTIRE billing address matches lol.

BTW I'm a 128g 7+ Rose Gold and I also have 9/16 for the email and account but 9/28 on the email click through. Bummer. I've never not gotten a phone on launch day! My email was timed 0320EST so 1220CT.

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN
Is this a likely possibility? If this is the case I'm screwed. I'm still on my parents' plan and their billing address is in another city.

I have preordered every year using my credit card on a account that is not in my name and have not had an issue yet. Hopefully this year it will not be a problem either. Can't remember if in the past you could change the billing address or not. I know I have never been able to change the shipping address.

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
That actually makes me feel a lot better, this is my first pre-order through verizon. Every year prior I wait in line and have always gotten it on the first day.
[doublepost=1473776999][/doublepost]

I ordered at 0230 CT and still shows "Processing"

As long as it still shows processing, there is no iphone allocated to your order yet.
No charge, no tracking number = no 9/16 date.

chefwong

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
The only reason I ordered on VZ was due to Apple after entering SS, tel and zip code, the next screen was asking for the billing code.

It was not taking either my last 4 digits of social or my VZ pin code...
In later speaking with VZ CS, they told me the billing code is the pin correct, so who knows why Apples system was not taking it,

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Did you order a rose gold 7+?
[doublepost=1473770940][/doublepost]

It's seems like all the rose gold 7+ models say deliver by the 16th but the order status says the 28th.

Just like all the matte black 7+ models say the 23rd.

I ordered the rose gold 128gb 7+ and a matte black 256gb 7+ and our delivery/ship by dates match everyone else's.

When I called Verizon about it Friday night they told me the reason for the different dates was because the system was having a hard time keeping up with all the pre orders so the "deliver by" dates were incorrect, so that's why it shows the 28th when I check my order status. Who knows.

I called this morning on this one before i went to work and I was told they really just do not know until they get all the orders into their warehouses.... which are currently delivering today so later today we should hopefully see some updated statuses! The guy told me this morning that they are giving that 9/28 right now just as kind of a general thing bc they honestly dont know if they are getting all of the ones that are on order or not on time if that makes sense? Im saying tonight we should definitely know where we stand. I was also told if mine wasnt coming Friday though its saying 9/16 that i would receive an email stating it was on backorder, i have not received this email yet! Last thing is if it does miss the date i was told that they would over night the next batch monday for tuesday delivery? Couldve been just telling me what i want to hear? Who knows lol

Ryan1017

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Iowa
I feel like I am one of the very few to order a black iPhone 7 Plus 32gb. Ordered around 12:20 AM, ship date of 9/28.

Really hoping it gets bumped up... :(

I also ordered a black 32gb. Also have a 9/28 ship date. I think each phone may have had a pre determined date that they just put on the order until they get the orders figured out. Just my guess. I also hope it gets shipped sooner, and haven't seen anyone else on here who ordered a 32 gb phone either.;)

cale508

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2015
IL
I hope all of us with 9/23 and 9/28 dates get it on launch! Waiting for 2 7+ 256GB Jet Black (9/28 confirmation date).

Last edited:

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I called this morning on this one before i went to work and I was told they really just do not know until they get all the orders into their warehouses.... which are currently delivering today so later today we should hopefully see some updated statuses! The guy told me this morning that they are giving that 9/28 right now just as kind of a general thing bc they honestly dont know if they are getting all of the ones that are on order or not on time if that makes sense? Im saying tonight we should definitely know where we stand. I was also told if mine wasnt coming Friday though its saying 9/16 that i would receive an email stating it was on backorder, i have not received this email yet! Last thing is if it does miss the date i was told that they would over night the next batch monday for tuesday delivery? Couldve been just telling me what i want to hear? Who knows lol
Hmmm delivering later today....I hope they're right! Would love to finally get an update later todat and know where my order stands

JediPy

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I am not sure, but maybe you can change your billing address real quick?

If your order is still processing, can go here (https://preorder.verizonwireless.co...ARGS=/order/bodyjspinclude/searchPreorder.jsp) and change your credit card information and billing zip code - just need to enter your confirmation number and last name to access it. It looks like you can cancel your order from here too if say you went to a retail store and found the phone in stock there.

Edit: Sometimes I'm finding that I don't get anything back, no errors, just a refresh. I started an Incognito session in Chrome and was fine. Something went bad on the sessions most likely.

BrittaniFun

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2016
Yeah and the rose golds 7 plus all have dates of the 28th.

I was told by CS that they were giving these ETAs so no one has expectations if that makes sense?
[doublepost=1473787406][/doublepost]
Hmmm delivering later today....I hope they're right! Would love to finally get an update later todat and know where my order stands

Yeah they were getting a ton of airplane shipments in of the iphones. Someone had posted a link to track these shipments.... https://flightaware.com/live/iphone Enjoy :)

kylepetree

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2015
Toledo, OH
Just throwing my hat in the ring. I ordered a 7+ 128GB Jet Black, got confirmation at 3:16AM ET and it still shows processing with 10/5 delivery. Immediately after I ordered a 7 32GB Rose Gold for my Mom and it has already shipped.

From what I remember in the past they throw out a long delivery date because they have no actual idea, they just put a random date they know for sure they'll be able to hit. I believe when I ordered my 5 the estimated delivery date was about a week or two later than when I actually got it.

Reactions: AndrewLuckIsTheGOAT

grouch92

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
lots of blacks, jet blacks and rose golds being posted about. anyone else on here order 7+ in gold (I ordered 128gb) and currently showing a date other than 9/28? in processing and delivery date of 9/28 has been my status since friday.
Same here.

darhorn

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2006
I can't put a whole lot of stock in the processing on the verizon website..

I still have 3 other orders that still say processing.

my 6s from a year ago, and a few related to my daughters phone back in march

i HOPE to get it friday, but who knows :)

Black 7+ 265 GB

Darrin

Reactions: JerTheGeek

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I just left the local Verz store on another issue and did ask the lady if she was expecting plus models Friday, said yes for sure and we can set up up an appointment to come in as long as your due an upgrade. Told her I had a preorder that I would cancel if they really have them on Fri and she refused to make me an appointment because of my existing order. I told her my order can be canceled as long as it hasn't shipped and she just said sorry but no appointment for you.

mdtp333

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Will UPS or FedEx be delivering over the weekend? If not, does that mean that there's a chance that those who do not get their phones on Friday, will get them on Monday?

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I just left the local Verz store on another issue and did ask the lady if she was expecting plus models Friday, said yes for sure and we can set up up an appointment to come in as long as your due an upgrade. Told her I had a preorder that I would cancel if they really have them on Fri and she refused to make me an appointment because of my existing order. I told her my order can be canceled as long as it hasn't shipped and she just said sorry but no appointment for you.
If they make an appt would that guarantee you could get one on launch day? I would think you have to get there early and they wouldn't hold it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.